Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Glow Plug Ignitor

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 01:35 AM
naynay12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Plug Ignitor

Hi,i have bought a glow plug ignitor with the recharger.Now i tested it ,the ignitor lights up the glow plug.Do i need to recharge it or is it already full recharged???.I dont want to test it,it taked 14 hours to recharge and i over charged my old one and it heated up and melted.I dont have the phone number for this shop and it is far away so thats why im asking you guys.Thanks.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:24 PM
ry5no2

Default RE: Glow Plug Ignitor

If you havent done an enicial charge, then do one and then about the charging issues just out it on charge a day before you go out and at night until 12 the next day, that is what i do and i works for me

Ryan
Old 12-19-2006, 07:40 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

batteries usually have a small charge on them when they are shipped, but are not fully charged. Like mentioned above, you need to perform the initial charge, also depending on the charger, you just need to watch it more closely for overcharging. For a day of bashing, I usually charge mine for about 4 hrs, or I stop charging it as soon as the battery starts to get warm.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:02 AM
naynay12

Ok thanks so howlong will a ignitor last with about 6 secs at a time or each time when u start the car.My friend said 30 times but mine might be different.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:29 AM
naynay12

Hi,i have just charged for 7 hours the ignitor is getting warm and the chager is really hot,should i know turn it off,but i think ill finish it off and give it another 4 hours.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:03 AM
michelob78

If the battery is getting warm, that's enough. I wouldn't give it four more hours.