Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

TT-01D

Old 12-31-2006, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT-01D

I got this http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSG4&P=0 a coupe of days ago, and I got some stuff to say about it. First, on tower it says it has friction shocks, it actually has oil filled shocks. They have a plastic body but a metal piston, and it comes with tamiya #400 yellow shock oil. Second, the type D drift tires it comes with slide REALLY easy at low speed/high angle type drifts. This is on a rough road too. I don't see why everyone buys pvc/abs. Last thing I wanted to say is that unlike it says on tower, the shocks come with spacers you can put on or off to adjust the spring compression, and more importantly, the camber on the front and rear IS adjustable. And on the front, toe-in is adjustable.

Those are the mistakes tower made, this car is way better than the stats they give. Full ball bearings, sport motor with lots of torque, red shock springs, blue aluminum heatsink for the motor, esc, grease is included, so is anti-wear grease and shock oil, the drift tires are awesome, this car is the one to get. This was my first electric and first kit, and I finished it in around 6 hours, was really easy.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:44 PM

Default RE: TT-01D

tamiyas never disappoint. and im glad you like it. tt-01s are tough and should last you a long time
Old 01-01-2007, 11:47 AM

hey post us some pix
Old 01-01-2007, 02:21 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

tamiyas never disappoint.
I can see you never owned a Terra Crusher.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: boris4ka

They have a plastic body but a metal piston,
I think youve made a mstake there. Maybe you ment metal shaft., but maybe im wrong, im sceptical because in all ranges of rc cars ive never heard of a metal shock piston.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: 46u

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

tamiyas never disappoint.
I can see you never owned a Terra Crusher.
no but a friend has one and i've driven it. hes quite pleased with it and its a fun truck to drive.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Rs43EVOman

ORIGINAL: boris4ka

They have a plastic body but a metal piston,
I think youve made a mstake there. Maybe you ment metal shaft., but maybe im wrong, im sceptical because in all ranges of rc cars ive never heard of a metal shock piston.
Yes that's what I meant. And here are pics: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5190710