Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

HPI will be in the 2007 Builders cup race.

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI will be in the 2007 Builders cup race.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:56 PM
mxrich

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HPI will be in the 2007 Builders cup race.

At the 2007 Alpha Cup race in Carbondale, IL. Two HPI F1 cars have been allowed to enter the Builders cup class against the current builders of F1 cars. Brett Mcgee will be The #1 team driver for his 2nd place finish in the 2006 F1 AllStar tour with his HPI F1 car and Chad Sharp who finished 5th will switch to HPI for this event. This two day event which happens on April 21-22 will offer other classes for F1, GP2, Touring, 1/12th and GTP. HPI will be the only non-current car to enter against teams from MLP Motorsports, Corally, Nikko, R/CIndycars and Hyperdrive to race for the cup which will be sent to the home office of the winning team. Here is wishing Brett and Chad the best of luck.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:54 PM
savagehead
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI will be in the 2007 Builders cup race.

Hpi builds f1 cars? i never saw them on the website
Old 01-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Nitro212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw one on google from hpi site not sure think is an old model x_x can't find it in the main site of hpi
Old 01-07-2007, 02:23 AM
mxrich

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was HPI's first car I think. Very very good design and still a lot of them around. I own two of them myself and like me I think the current owners are hanging on to them. If you find one on ebay or anywhere else snatch it up. The car is a land missle. It would be nice if they still sold it. The only update it would need is the high nose front wing for the new bodies. To make it simple it was a standard pancar rear pod and Tamiya F103 style (the updated ones) front a-arms. It worked great...then the touring cars came in. Bye bye F1.