Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

neighbor problems!!! ahhhh!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:15 AM
VIPER458

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neighbor problems!!! ahhhh!!!!

so yesterday me and one of my neighbors were working on his t-maxx when another one of our neighbors just comes over and starts yelling at us about how we need to stop making all this noise and how his dog is going crazy everytime he sees one of our cars. then he says how he is going to let his doberman out one of these days on our car and if it destroys our car then oh well. so i was wondering. ive seen a few dogs just bark at my car but they were all afraid of it. if it came near them. does anybody know if a doberman will try to attack a gas car? i think if it bites the cylinder head or tuned pipe its going to remember what a 200+ degree rc car tastes like. but then my stupid neighbor might try to sue me....
Old 06-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: neighbor problems!!! ahhhh!!!!

I say as soon as he lets the dog out, you phone the police and tell them that your neighbour set his dog on you, it'll be collected before you can say 'lethal injection'. As for attacking the car, there's no way, dogs are not that stupid. Although I have no doubt that a doberman could bite through almost any plastic part on the car and probably do damage to the engine head. When in a rage they don't feel pain either. Bite marks in the body and plastic will be great evidence for the police too.

EDIT: Be funny if one of my neighbours dogs tried to chase my XB8. lol. Unless it can run 50 mph, I don't see it somehow...I'd run it around and around until the dog fainted from exhaustion.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:27 AM
DirtBonez

Big labs and newfoundlands usually go running with there tails down as soon as I start a nitro up
Old 06-12-2007, 07:31 AM
VIPER458

yeah. if i had a big enough road then there would be no way it could catch my 9.5 but i think it would get it in the time it takes to turn around. besides there is a law where i live that every dog has to be on a leash so he kinda would be shooting himself in the foot. but then again i have to save my money bcd im going out of state in 2 weeks and i wont be able to fix my cars if it did mess them up. not to mention im in the process of buying 2 real cars.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:39 AM
scottywilkes

ok this is how i see it, here, i am entitled to run my RC cars from anywhere between 9 and 6 oclock, on weekends 10 to 6, why, because thats the law, people are entitled to run lawnmowers, wipper snippers, power saws etc between them times and my RC is classified as a fuel combustion engine, so i can run them in those times, now if anyone comes up to me, i tell them this and they soon piss off.

Check your local times for runnin combustion engines, power tools etc, what ever them times are, you can run your RCs in them times as they are classified in them catagories, and remember, the average lawnmower, chainsaw is louder than a RC car
Old 06-12-2007, 07:59 AM
DaveG55

As long as you are operating within the law there's nothing he can do. If he lets a dog out, especially one with a rep like dobermans have, and it attacks you anywhere outside of his yard then you can probably have the dog and your neighbor locked up and sue him for any damages.
Lots of people start to talk big, like - well let the dog out and I'll hit it with my car or similar stuff. When the fact is, as long as you stay within the law, your neighbor can do absolutely nothing with out breaking the law himself, and that puts you in the drivers seat and him in the wrong.
It can be real hard but no matter what your neighbor says, or how he says it, be respectful and point out that you are not breaking any laws or doing anything wrong. Then, if he escalates things, you can truthfully say that you've done nothing illeagle. No cop or Judge fault with you for that.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:22 AM
VIPER458

well yesterday i didnt tell him ne thing. i kinda ignored him bc i thought he was joking at first and he was directing it more to my neighbor. then he brought me into it saying how im usually the one but i just kept ignoring him. the funny thing was is the first thing he said was "i dont mean to be the ignorant neighbor" i was thinking haha!!! too late!!!! whats really stupid was he just finished mowing his lawn an weed eating. then he came over to yell at us. it dosent make sense. my neighbor has a nova that he races at the track w a HUGE v8 in it and he dosent complain when he runs that thing. the main thing im worried about is my dad getting involved. i dont want my dad to start a fight with him over a little car and go to jail.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 AM
RC_THLR

dip ur car body in laxative and trust me that will be the last time ur neighbor lets his dog "eat rc cars".lol
Old 06-12-2007, 11:39 AM
magnus213

The dog will probably play with your car before it tries to bite it. Your neighbor's not being very nice to his dog if he sends it out into the streets when you have a 50 mph, 7-10 pound bullet flying back and forth. You could destroy that thing's leg pretty easily.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:40 AM
sloppyG

just because it's "legal" doesn't mean that you shouldn't be courteous and respectful of your neighbors

driving a nitro car is loud and obnoxious and really doesn't belong in a residential neighborhood

there's a reason I don't run my nitro's in the neighborhood and it's the same reason you shouldn't, it's rude and disrespectful (since you've been told they have an issue with it)

go to an empty parking lot or schoolyard or something away from the people you're bothering
Old 06-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Rs43EVOman

No, you wanna be curetaous within reason. use common sence. These cars don't make any more noise then a lwan mower or chainsaw, dont't run in the early morning or night, and obviosuly stay off his property. If someones walking a dog pull over, if theres a little kid do the same, be reasnoble and there really is nothing he can do, and there's nothing wrong with what you are doing.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:54 AM
VIPER458

thats the thing tho. we rnt really in a "residential" area. most of our neighboorhood is empty fields. however all the fields are rarley ever mowed so all the grass is too deep to drive in. there is only one track in my area and with the cost of gas where its is i cant afford to go all the way out there to drive my cars. and it is very hard to find an empty parking lot in my area. if it isnt a very busy building then its a construction site and you will automatically get kicked off the property as soon as somebody sees you in fear that you will vandalize something. oh and all the schools aroung here are all surrounded by fences.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:40 PM
rc_racer69

i would just ignore him
that will probably piss him off even more but then if he lets his dog out on you/ your rc car you can sue him and make him pay for a whole new rc car
lol
lucky for me my neighbors dont care much about the "toy cars" is what they call them
haha
except the local icecream man kinda hates me and a number of times has tried to run over my rc car
he says i do circles around his van but in reality i get it out of the road and as far away from him as possible
Old 06-12-2007, 04:46 PM
KillerJato

Obey the laws and you can run it as you want. My dog likes to play with mine so i use him as a jump at low speed.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:59 PM
ShootPaint

Dogs will bite RC cars!!!

While breaking in my Matrix my sisters Boxer latched onto the left front tire and shook it until he had the tire ripped off!!!

Once he let it go I forgot about breaking in my motor and set to chasing him around for the next 5 minutes!!! I pulled in for a quick pit stop and went for another 7 minutes before the engine ran out of gas. Needless to say I was a little PO'd at the dog for attacking the car since I had never chased him or taunted him with the car prior to him bitting the tire!!! But after it was all said and done the dog didnt move off of the porch for the rest of the day, while I finished the breakin on my Trix.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:46 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i work with dogs and have 2 of my own dogs. my jack russell fox terrier pit will chase and chew on my cars if i let him. my sheperd mix wont go within 15 feet of a rc car. if your nieghbor lets his dog out to chase your car on purpose he is going to get in alot of trouble. now since his dog is a doby it will get put down on the first atempt to go aftersome. now if my nieghbor aprouched me like he did you i would tell him to let his dog out and see what happens. if your on yours or your friends property you can run that truck til 10pm at night if it was me i would but i know how to deal with dogs since i work at a kennel and am a dog trainer.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:52 AM
TIGER76

Yeah next time he moans about the noise tell him the law if he dont like it tough lol
as for the dog running loose like that [X(]
i would have to bring out the air rifle lmao only kidding but if its a dobbie he shouldnt have it running loose,in a ideal world you could knock on his door and explain the best way to get along so you can still rip in the street but he sounds an arse so probally not worth the bother tbh []
i say get a jato and chase the dog round the neighbourhood lol
Old 06-13-2007, 06:54 AM
VIPER458

well yesterday we talked to him and asked him if it would bother him if we ran it in the field next to our house and he said he hopes it works. (he seemed really pissed) so i ran my 1/8scale buggy (which is loud) and my neighbor ran his 2 tmaxxes. he never said nething the whole day. today im going to help fix my neighbors s-maxx and were prob going to run them today again. the cool thing is the guy w the s-maxx is a sheriff deputy[8D].

oh and i dont need a jato to outrun that dog. any one of my cars would easily outrun that thing. its just i think it might get it when i turn around at the end of our street.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:29 AM
TIGER76

Good to hear its all sorted without *** for tat happening [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
The_Lost_Otter

All 5 of my dogs are DUMB. They stand in front of my ramp, Poo in my straits and coners. They all sit there being wierd and stuff. I will drive in my back yard and they act like it is a monster or something.

One time my car ran out of gas, and one of my dogs licked thr cooling head.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Suprachrgd82

Ignore the neighbor, and report his actions to the police (he threatened you with his dog). Be sure to add that you are scared of the "doberman attack dog" being let loose on a public. You are in the right, HIS dog is the nuisance.

Just to play it safe, cover your car body in Dave's Insanity hot sauce for the dog.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
The_Lost_Otter

Put a little flame througher in the front bumber, Burn his hair off. JK!!

But really, stay away from him and he will stay a way from you.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:54 AM
ob1n
My Feedback: (14)

Let's recap what's everyone has said

1) Ignore the neighbor

2) Be respectful of little kids, pedestrians, etc..

3) Ignore theeeeee neighbor

4) Run during alloted times.....such as 9AM(preferably 10AM) thru 8PM.

5) Ignore the neighbor and his stupid dog!

6) Stay calm and relax......enjoy your hobbies as they are meant to be.

7) Did I mention, "Ignore the Neighbor"?

8) Drive with all your other neighbors(better in numbers)!

9) Ignore the neighbor.....

10) Stop worrying about the dog chasing your car! If he let's the dog out....we don't know if it'll actually chase the car. If it does, whatever you do.....DO NOT STOP! They may have a "higher pain tolerance" but hot engines, fast spinning tires and spittin rocks that hopefully bullseye that puppy in the eyes will make him submissive in a hurry. But, if he does get the advantage.....just floor it!!!!! Dogs have sensitive hearing and a Nitro SCREAMING in it's ears might be enough for it to say "Enough". And most importantly!!!!!!.....do not let your neighbor think you are pisses or worried about your vehicle if the dog does get a hold of it! That's what he wants!!! Just calmly let all things happen.....when it's over, retrieve your vehicle as if you normally would if you rolled it. And call the authorities. Which brings us back to another important point.....

IGNORE THE NEIGHBOR!!!

Ob1n
Old 06-14-2007, 06:39 AM
VIPER458

haha. ok so i have concluded to ignore the neighbor
Old 06-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Nitro212

heh i doubt a dog will really get too close i mean if the car is running fast it spits more smoke and the smell is stronger as said dogs has more sensitive senses then human their smells is more sensitive and their hearing so.. that smell won't be pretty for them have you ever dip ur finger in "vicks" ? let a dog smell it see his reaction lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.