Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Stronger drive shafts for RS4 3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
HeLLsGoD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stronger drive shafts for RS4 3?

Also i forgot to add that the HPI superchassis has deeper countersunk holes for the engine mount screws so its impossible to scratch the screw

phoenix_stu: sorry dude i only go on at work and not that much and when i do, i just ignore most things. As for the pm i have like 4 unread [&:]. I am not from japan, i put it down as my country when signing up by accident cause i registered really quickly n didnt really care, sorry

Performance wise with the shocks, they keep the car stuck to the ground and harder to flip the car even at pebbly conditions. They absorb the shock really well and its adjustability is very handy for different surfaces. Just like most adjustable shocks except abit better because of the accessories that come with it and its price. Be aware that the top shock hole uses 5.8mm bigger stud attachment and the bottom ones use the stock 4.8mm.
EDIT: You might wanna buy different springs though, the black short ones that come with it are pretty soft.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:30 AM
phoenix_stu

Thanks for the reply.

No worries about the PM. Thanks though.

I think you stated that the springs that came with the car kit (not the shock kit) would work. Does this fact still hold true?

EDIT:

Also, I am not sure if you know. Tower should have those new drift springs in sometime this month.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSCH4&P=7
Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 AM
HeLLsGoD

Yes i only use them for the rear, their perfect for the rear since their soft. Heres my rear setup:

-Holes B-2 for the rear shock tower (look at the manual for this)
-It should give you a ride height of exactly 1cm/10mm. Perfect suspension travel and cushioning for the heavy rear. Guaranteed you wont scratch the rear part of the chassis.
-4mm spacer used as a guide for the adjustable thread lengths(clip it on the shockbody and tighten the ring till the clip is squished and stops turning) 100% accurate lengths
-Slightly tighten the engine side (right) shock a little tighter since the engine is heavier on that side.

You wont be able to adjust the ride height on the rear since the rs4 springs are very long that they keep the shocks at fully extended, instead the tighter u do the adjuster ring the stiffer the springs get. I use shorter springs for the front so i can change the ride height and just use different colored springs for different spring rates

Make sure you get 4x5.8mm studs, i got the ones with allen key insert on the top for easier removal. Although the accessories that come with the shocks will let you fit them too out of the box. Its alot easier to remove the shock with the 5.8mm studs though
Old 07-18-2007, 09:52 AM
phoenix_stu

Thanks alot for that info. That will help alot. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
almtx3

ORIGINAL: HeLLsGoD
Theres a couple of differences between the two though, one difference is the GPM one is just a straight plate , the proper HPI superchassis has bends on its side edges, making it hard to bend in the middle area. Notice how the stock 2.5mm chassis has a curve on its side edges, those curves make it alot harder to bend and keeps the chassis rigid.
Very true, there are differences and the HPI super chassis does look a bit stronger. I might just pick up one of those GPM chassis and see whats it like. If I do, Ill let you know if its any good or not!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:07 PM
RLMHPI

I purchased a GPM turnbuckle set and ball ends for my old RS4 2 and the quality of the parts were garbage the aluminum seemed soo cheap. They are the only company I have seen for the center CVD's and fox says they have held up well maybe they have changed their quality standards but i would never purchase a whole chassis. But you cant beat their prices!!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:24 PM
fox222

So far the shafts are holding up to the power with no sign of fatigue. I have actually ordered their front and rear universal shafts to see if they work as well. Both sets $25 delivered to the door, what have I got to lose.
I have seen some of there other aluminum parts bend easily (mainly suspension parts). I would have to think they are not using high grade alloys due to the price. I have read that the GMP chassis is also weak that’s why I decided to bite the bullet for the HPI chassis.
Mama always said “YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
HeLLsGoD

Agreed fox222,

The GPM shafts arent alloy they are actually made out of steel thats why they are stronger. Alot of the GPM parts are pretty weak and some are low grade but cheap thats why everyone buys it.

Anywhere i can find a cheap HPI superchassis?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 PM
fox222

ORIGINAL: HeLLsGoD

Agreed fox222,

The GPM shafts arent alloy they are actually made out of steel thats why they are stronger. Alot of the GPM parts are pretty weak and some are low grade but cheap thats why everyone buys it.

Anywhere i can find a cheap HPI superchassis?
I have not seen them for less then $65.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 PM
RLMHPI

Ya your right you will not find shafts for 50 bucks anywhere!! I think I have 50 bucks that I am willing to loose incase i buy garbage. But then again Mama is always right!!!...lol.... HHHHHMmmmmm what to do ????