Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Do most of you sell off your old cars?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Do most of you sell off your old cars?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 PM
largebrowncat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do most of you sell off your old cars?

Or do you collect them?

Also, for those of you who collect, what cars are in your collection?

Old 07-28-2007, 04:24 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Do most of you sell off your old cars?

Some I collect, some I sell. I'm trying to build a collection of nitro competition cars in each class. You can click on my name to see what I currently own (6 models), and I wouldn't sell the Savage or the NT1 ever. I might sell the XB8 to fund my next project, an XT8, but I will one day replace it again with an XB8EC. Eventually I want to have Xray nitro competition cars in 1/8th on road, 1/8th buggy, 1/8th truggy, 1/10th on road, 1/18th on road and 1/18th off road. Like I say, I have the Savage aswell, specifically because it's not a comp car. So that when I want to bash I don't have to destroy something I have thousands of dollars into. Savage is a laugh, I'll keep upgrading it and probably never get rid of it. It's still mostly stock. I have a policy of upgrading only when it breaks.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:39 AM
Nitro212

well.. i don't sell them i keep them till they don't got nothing left and trow em out
Old 07-28-2007, 09:09 AM
spotteddog

A little of both. I currently have 10 RC's in the house(Mini T, Aftershock, Raze, Savage, Rustler, NTC3, RS4 2, 3 4Tec's(1 of which I just sold), and a Revo on the way). There are a couple that I will never sell(TC3, RS4 and the Raze), but normally I keep them for a while and then sell them. I will usually buy beat up/non-running used ones, refurbish them and then run them for a while. When I am bored of them and know they are operating correctly, I will put them on E-Bay, or sell them locally. It doesn't really make me any money, but I get to drive a LOT of different cars without spending a huge amount of money.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:25 AM
BrandonJM

I used to have about 10 rc cars. But then I sold most of them and kept the ones I liked the most Emaxx and stampede. Later on I built a tlt rockcrawler and Since I am a kid I have to sell things to make money faster to buy other things. So I sold the tlt and built a clod buster rockcrawler. Well I just sold that 3 days ago. And Last night I found an awesome deal on a xxx-t on ebay and bought that. With the rest of the money I bought my pede and emaxx some upgrades and what not. I also have a propulse. So really I don't collect them but I wish I never sold some of the cars I did in the past
Old 07-28-2007, 12:15 PM
cheech4

i sell only to get something better.. for example i had a losi jrxs and i sold it for a xray T2, although my losi was in great condition the T2 was almost as good. i had 2 evaders 1 a truck the other was a buggy, i sold the buggy ended up getting a Tc4. Sold the TC4 to buy my losi Mf2. What i never will sell is my losi mf2 and my xray t2 and xray t2R. my evader although its still kicks ar$$ i wont sell cuz its getting old and it all scratched up and i know i wont get anything decent for it even with all the hop ups it has. So i will run till it dies and not worth fixing then probably will toss it but keep some of the parts. Lastly i definetly will not add any more RC to my collection, 4 is enough. if and when the evader dies then i might get something else.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:37 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

I sold all of my old r/c cars mostly due to wanting a large scale r/c. The reality is that most of my old junk wasn't collectible anyway. I did have a Tamiya Bruiser though, but I got top dollar for it.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:19 PM
studysession

If they are still usable; most time keep them. Sometimes get rid of them by selling them as whole or parts on EBay.

Currently own:
Tamiya TT-01
Tamiya Max Climber TLT-1
Hyper 7 PBS brushless conversion
Traxxas EMaxx
Traxxis Bandit
FT TC3
A-Tech Leo-X
GMS 14 Electric Dragster Funny car
Colt 10
6 -8 XMod's
and quite a few more RC's...

EDIT:
Want an onroad and offroad 5th scale.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:59 PM
sheograth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I generally keep them or strip them down for parts, right now in my posession are..

Baja 5B
Duratrax Firehammer
2 Xmods Evos
3 Kyosho Mini-Z
Tamiya Desert Gator
Wheely King 4x4
RC18B
Micro-T
RC18T knockoff

And I have a Mini-T on order, along with a 30.5cc engine for the Baja 5B

The vast majority of my time is devoted to the 2 1/5 scale cars, once you try one of those you cant go back. Upgradres are more expensive but not unaffordable
Old 07-29-2007, 06:46 AM
(X)

I keep them, although I only have 3 atm []

Savage X (Tsais "M25" Pipe, Hump pack, basicaly stock)
Smartech Speedy Tiger (Stock)
Acme Tech Cyclone Pro (Alum Shocks. Venom Chrome Speedster Alloys)

That's it atm, but I want to get a HPI Firestorm, or HPI MT2 Kit..

By the way, I am only 13, almost 14.. So I can't afford many RC's atm [:@]
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 AM
cooleo_cool

I like to have different vehicles for different things... My E-Stampede is for jumping, wheelies, etc... my Rustler is for going fast and racing around my track, my e-maxx is for rock crawling and heavy duty off-roading,... etc, etc, etc... I have a few vehicles.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:26 AM
nitro _ burner

I have 3 at the moment,
A HoBao Pirate 10 (is boring but my first RC, and its nitro)
A Losi micro t.
A Losi MLST2 (My best and most favourite car, it kicks Butt!!!!!)
And soon to come a LST2 (YES!! i love my Losi)
And i want to get another 1/18 car sometime.
Im only 14 and turning 15, i have a job, thats how i fund all my RC's. Go MACCAS!!!!!
Still if i get too many RC's, my mum will get realy annoyed (she thinks a few is enough.........NO!!!) and itll cost too much to continue. I dont like to sell my RC's and never want to, i never have yet either.
Personally i think, my age dosnt matter, that the person who dies with the most toys wins. But they still die, lol. I like to live, like you could die tomorrow.

EDIT:
Cussing is not allowed.
SS
Old 07-29-2007, 09:54 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

In general, I keep my old cars and add them to the collection. I have too many to want to list here (I stopped counting at 100)
Old 07-29-2007, 09:58 AM
studysession

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

(I stopped counting at 100)
[email protected]

Hi, I'm Joe Shmoe and I am an RC addict. I stopped counting when I got to 100..... LOL - Gotta love it. That's a lot of RC's.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:20 PM
texaschilidog

I own a few that are in boxes in the attic

kyosho sandmaster new in box
traxxas t-maxx
2 mini-t pros
nitro 4-tec pro new in box
Old 07-30-2007, 06:56 AM
MT

I don't the space for them in my small house, so I sell them. I had about 6 old cars (Radicator, JRx2, Frog,etc) and parts for many others at my parent's house, my brother and his wife bought the their house, and you guessed it; my brother's wife gave them all away! [:@]
Old 07-30-2007, 07:23 AM
webdr

I also dont have alot of room for storage until I buy my 1st house (hopefully next year)

I try to have atleast 5 cars at a time, a few monster trucks so I can run and my friends/family can run too.

My signature is everything I currently have and Im giving the monster gt to my brother-in-law to keep his mind off of going back to Iraq soon.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Airbus 9e

I've still got the parts from my original RC10 I bought in November of 1987....along with nearly every other car I've ever bought/built....I've only ever sold my Terminator dirt oval car, though I have the parts to build a new one, and my old Clod Buster that I never did anything with anyway....
Old 07-30-2007, 08:47 PM
kdz76

I only wish I still had my old cars I would buy 3 to 4 a year sometimes a lot more if the price was right and I started about 17 years ago so most got sold or trashed. right now its about time to thin out the heard as having 14 cars now is making it difficult to find room for the next one i am buying.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 PM
sheograth

Herd is the right word to use, I too have a space shortage. Just the Baja 5B and the Firehammer together and their parts take up massive amounts of room.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:28 PM
rvogster

My first real RC was a Losi XXT CR when I was 14-15. It actually was sold recently. I had a used XXXNT that I could never get to run right and it was also sold. Right now I have nothing but I am looking to get back into the hobby after a long absence.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
driftkinginc

I have bought and sold over 120 cars in the past 10 years . I have just now started to collect, I have a rc10t , T3, t4, And a rc10. buggy . I used to sell my cars to buy new ones. There are A few cars that I wish I had now Like the T2 I sold.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:50 PM
SManMTB

I keep them.

Kyosho MP7.5 Kanai III
Kyosho MP777 SP2 - two of them
XRAY XB8EC - two of them
Losi 8ight - brand new, shelf queen
Old 01-02-2008, 11:03 PM
haasjj

ORIGINAL: texaschilidog

I own a few that are in boxes in the attic

kyosho sandmaster new in box
traxxas t-maxx
2 mini-t pros
nitro 4-tec pro new in box
I have to ask, Is that the limited edition of the 4 Tec.

Thats one car I have a LE Traxxas Nitro 4 Tec, they were sold in 99- 2000 somewhere in there and according to traxxas they only produced 3000 of them. Not that it mattered after that you could upgrade a 4tec to the LE

I also have a Turmoil, 8ight T, still on its way to my door is a Ofna Hyper 8.5 Lets see how many ppl remember this one Losi Street Weapon ??? , losi xx4, jato, and 2 xmods and this does not include planes and heli's

To answer the original ? yes I sell most, but a few I kept for other reasons... I like the 4 Tec so I've never considered selling it. I tried to sell the Street Weapon but it wouldn't sell so I just kept it. The XX4 I just never tried to sell. I sell RC stuff when I don't need it or don't use and want to buy something new. There are a few I wish I hadn't sold but oh well life goes on.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:15 AM
ProRCRacer88

I sell when i lose interest in them, use to have 7 rc's. got rid of 3 and trying to get rid of a 4th, and might trade another one or keep it. For my next rc i want a revo 3.3 w/ BB conversion or kyosho kit buggy. I only lose interest in the ones that keep giving me problems, or the ones that i have no use for. All the rc's i have now im happy with but the serpent has to go because i cant find nowhere to bash at and i dont really want to race onroad class if i race at all. Want to have kits only in my garage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.