Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Whipper Snipper RC Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Phatmat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whipper Snipper RC Car

Me and my friend have found two whipper snippers (got one semi-running, carbi got some fuel probs atm), and I am planning on putting one onto a custom RC car. So far I have decided to make it chain driven (as the motor, around 20cc, will shread the normal gears), and I will put around 12cm diameter pheumatic tyres on it.

Though this is still a theory car, I have had problems thinking of how to make the steering. The throttle will simply be a servo with a cable/rod that pulls the motor's accelerator cord, and I am hoping a normal servo will have the sufficiant power. Though, does anyone have suggestions or plans that may work for 12cm diameter pheumatic wheels? I was first thinking of a normal servo, like steering on a monster truck, but this car is going to go fast and needs to be robust ...

Also, any siggections on a brake? I am most likely going to use a 2 channel controller (well, I can use a 6 ch one from my heli, but 6 ch will just over do it).

thanks,
Matt.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:14 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whipper Snipper RC Car

I'd suggest posting this in the large scale forum, you'll get many more replies about stuff like this and I'm sure somebody can help you out with a steering servo large enough. If not, many guys use full sized car window motors.