Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Good First Car

Old 12-18-2007, 12:25 PM
turbojet28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good First Car

I am fairly experienced with electric vehicles, but I haven't done any R/C stuff since then (about 7 or 8 years ago). I have recently renewed my interest, and would like to get back into it on the nitro side. I would like your recommendations for a kit on-road car that would be a good first nitro project. What are good engines? Any good magazines you would recommend I subscribe to to start getting myself informed again? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
ekimusman2

Default RE: Good First Car

my first nitro car was my revo 3.3 from traxxas, and it's now my most hopped up car. great introduction to RCs.....fairly simple setup, great quality car, TONS of hop ups..i could go on, really.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: ekimusman2

my first nitro car was my revo 3.3 from traxxas, and it's now my most hopped up car. great introduction to RCs.....fairly simple setup, great quality car, TONS of hop ups..i could go on, really.

He wasnted an onroad car... Take a look at some tamiya's I know they offer cars in kit form, I have an onroad nitro Tamiya which is of good quality (tg10 mk2). Other than that I don't have experience with other brands of onroads.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Shake n Bake

team associated ntc3, OS .12TZ spec 2 motor, specktrum radio system, a jr 9000t servo for steering, and a jr 9000s servo for throttle, and a good rechargable reciever battery pack. I have subscribed to extreme rc cars magazine, they seem to be very informative.