Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes-10/10
37.33%
Yes-8/10
18.67%
Yes-6/10
8.00%
Yes-4/10
6.67%
Yes-2/10
6.67%
Yes-I HATE them soo much!
6.67%
No-I have never owned a Losi
16.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Have a Losi Vehicle?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Nik.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI....

If you think the xxx4 g+ is more fragile then other 4wd's then you need to look at your driving.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Gex_61

If you like TeamLosi, that's all that matters. You'll never convince others who don't want to be convinced. I voted 10/10

I really want a xxx-4G+. I also really want Losi to make a belt-driven mini-xxx-4. I would sell my rc18 to get one.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:11 PM
thedr
Banned

I could care less what everyone says about them, I'd just luv to understand the poll voting and what it means.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Chris_RC

I know. Why would someone vote for that?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Nik.

option 1= I like Losi.

option 2=No they are better.

Do you have a Losi vehicle? 2 votes. Fail.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

ORIGINAL: brett65

Love my micro-t, didn't like my xxx-t, mini lst is garbage, and they're overpriced on their big stuff.
If the Mini LST is garbage than you shouldn't mind sending it to me for free
I could always use more "Trash"

You wouldn't want it. It was my buddies, straight out of the box stock it stripped the gears on the first punch of the accelerator. My micro was faster than his even after he put the upgraded battery and motors in it. He sold it on here for almost what he paid for it.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Dokioto

He sold it with striped gears, for the same price Did he buy it for 10 bucks??

He obviously doesn't know what he is doing if it striped in the first 10 seconds I would bet your Micro-T wouldn't beat my STOCK Mini LST.

I started having drive-train problems 20-30 runs after I got it. They are very easy to fix.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Love my micro-t, didn't like my xxx-t, mini lst is garbage, and they're overpriced on their big stuff.
If the Mini LST is garbage than you shouldn't mind sending it to me for free
I could always use more "Trash"

You wouldn't want it. It was my buddies, straight out of the box stock it stripped the gears on the first punch of the accelerator. My micro was faster than his even after he put the upgraded battery and motors in it. He sold it on here for almost what he paid for it.
Would your friend happen to be Davorc? I bought a MLST off him in the marketplace and boy what a hunk of junk. Stripped gears, uneven suspension and everything else was bad too. I did get 150 for it though .
Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Gereke

I gave a vote of 8/10. Won't say they are perfect but I am happy with my Mini-T.. My 6 year old daughter thinks it's a blast, plus I think it's a good vehicle for her to learn on.. She still gets a little intimidated by my Savage when she drives it.

The only problem I have had with the Mini-T is the range on the radio is suspect... Don't know if it's a common problem or if it's just mine.. It will only go about 40 feet before it loses signal. Oh well.. I should get a new radio and get a Mamba Max for it :P

Old 05-20-2008, 10:01 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

He sold it with striped gears, for the same price Did he buy it for 10 bucks??

He obviously doesn't know what he is doing if it striped in the first 10 seconds I would bet your Micro-T wouldn't beat my STOCK Mini LST.

I started having drive-train problems 20-30 runs after I got it. They are very easy to fix.
How can you not know what you're doing when all he did was charge it, set it down, and give it throttle. It was a pos. If yours is stock, then yeah my micro would beat it. He sold it with the upgraded gears, motors and battery and it was still a dog. Another buddy has a mini T and that thing hallz ballz!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:43 PM
ozium

I love to hate my MLST2. It's such a cool little truck. Solid and heavy with good ground clearance. Faster than heck with the Mamba. It has tons of upgrades and when it's running it's my favorite truck. The trouble is it keeps eating diff gears. I've had it for about 4 months and I've run less than 10 full battery packs on it because it has so much downtime. I've pulled apart the center and rear diff casing so many times my hands cramp just thinking about it. It has a locked center spool and no slipper clutch (metal spur gear) so I know I'm just asking for all the trouble I have.

I love it and I hate it.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:46 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Do You Have a Losi Vehicle?

I own a Mini Baja. It's a decent truck. Stock, everything's OK except for the electronics.
Electronics:
The motor died about a month after it was bought and not long after, the servo went too. The ESC lasted quite a while, but finally died a couple of weeks ago. The 27 mhz radio and receiver did the job, but was very glitchy, so it had to go.
Chassis:
The drag link ( which connects the steering from the left wheel to the right) system was poorly designed. The drag link rides on fully threaded screws, so when the Baja is steered, the threads chew away at the drag link and over time steering slop for the right wheel becomes quite large. Also the front rod ends come set in a way that if the suspension arms go down too forcefully, the rod pries the cup off the ball studs.

The Mini Baja is a pretty decent truck with enormous potential for people to make them better.

Currently I have modified mine very much (including brushless) to a point where I am very happy with it. Almost ready to add the finishing mods(BB bell cranks and non- fully threaded screws for drag link).
Old 05-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Checkpointracer

I have two losi's, one I want to smash with a hammer and the other I'm wishing I didn't spend $320 on. I've had nothing but problems with my micro-t, by far the worst hobby grade I've owned. I also have a xxx-t rtr, at first I loved the truck because it handled so well out of the box, but it broke a screw on the rear a-arm without a hard impact thats not going to be an easy fix, and don't get me wrong, I still like the truck a lot and want to get it fixed, but a broken screw? come on. Whereas my AE GT2 is the most durable truck I've owned, I took some unbelievably hard crashes right on the wheel while I was racing and nothing broke... I give losi a 6/10, I've seen their 8ights perform and it's the number one rc I want right now. But I'm not impressed with their electrics. Especially their micros
Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Nik.

Lois competition kits are awesome.

their RTRs and minis arent that great.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Frozen72

I have a Mini-T with upgraded eletronics and a Reedy 17T motor. It's great for racing and under 4 foot jumps but anything over and your asking to break parts. I had a Mini-LST and it was *****.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:09 PM
ElectricGuy007

I have just got my first Losi just recently. The desert truck, it's durable and it's pretty fast out of the box.
It cannot beat my E-firestorm but it's fast enough as is. I voted 8/10
Old 07-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Bigshades

I race the XXX-CR and XXXT-CR, and they are great racers. Parts do not break unless you are a rookie, or severely lack skill.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:35 PM
st_dragn_wagen

my brother bought a XXXT back when the kit first came out back in the day. bashed the living snot out of it. neglected maintenance and to date the only parts that have broken'n to the point of replacement was the rear pivot block/rear bulkhead. broke it twice, replaced it with aluminum and have not had a problem sense. bent a shock shaft when i jumped it into a table leg. broke a rear A arm but that was cause i kicked the crap out of. and last but not least the tranny case. (got rear ended by an 1/8 scale buggy)
knowing what that truck went though, i seeing how well it survived, i would gladly go buy one
Old 07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
TheIronMaiden

I have a XXX-T RTR and i love it, the thing is practically bulletproof.