Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes-10/10
37.33%
Yes-8/10
18.67%
Yes-6/10
8.00%
Yes-4/10
6.67%
Yes-2/10
6.67%
Yes-I HATE them soo much!
6.67%
No-I have never owned a Losi
16.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Have a Losi Vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do You Have a Losi Vehicle?

I noticed that everybody is saying don't get a Losi cause they are only good for RACING and NOTHING else. But the people who actually OWN thhem say they are great. I own 3 of them and they are great. I just wanted to know what you think of the manafactuer and what you would want them to do? thanks

I really don't care about what you 3rd cousins once removed brother saying they were bad, ONLY VOTE YES if you OWN ONE!!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:48 PM
hands without shadows

Default RE: LOSI....

So the bashers are telling you not to get one because they are only good for bashing? That doesn't make sense. I've never heard anyone say that.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Chris_RC

no, I mean bashers say they are only good for racing and are bery fragile. sorry[&o]
Old 05-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Dokioto

Racing is harder on my vehicles then bashing.. If your jumping off your house and stuff then that would be more than bashing IMO.
In off-road racing your jumping and landing so much, and your going to make a mistake and take some hard tumbles.

Racing isn't easy on your cars either so I don't see how they can be "bery fragile"
What cars are they talking about?? Lois's 1/8 buggy is one of the toughest out there, it is a proven fact.

I own there Mini LST and it has some problems but I am working on them, most of there bigger cars are great though.

The only thing people don't like about them is their marketing: Come on there are at least four Mini LST that only have a different body and tires and there calling it a new car. Same with the larger LST. But they do this for a reason, They are a company trying to make money.

No complaints over here
Old 05-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Chris_RC

Who voted I HATE THEM SOO MUCH???
Old 05-19-2008, 12:01 AM
hkenvy91

i ran a eight buggy for most of last season with no broken parts! fragile my butt!
someone doesnt know squat about losi then if they say they are no good
Old 05-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Nik.

<<<< Heh Heh.

I have an 8ight B and a XXX4 G+. Very happy with both.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:12 AM
s7jstep1

i have never owned one but if i was to buy another truck, i would consider one. they seem just as good as associated which is very good IMO.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:16 AM
slayerphonics

Racing a truck is much harder on it then bashing,

I watch videos of people saying they are bashing thei truck.. and its a joke,

Old 05-19-2008, 08:35 AM
hkenvy91

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

Racing a truck is much harder on it then bashing,

I watch videos of people saying they are bashing thei truck.. and its a joke,

yeah i know right! they havent seen to many trucks case 30 foot triples!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Chris_RC

if you go to my profile and then to my models look for the picture for XXX-NTand it will be it nosediving a triple.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 AM
SavageX78

I have 5 or 6 rcs and my XXX-T MF2 is much easier to work on then the rest. It doesnt ussually need work done to it but when it does its simple.

Im glad I bought my losi, Especially after haveing a XL-1 rustler that was always breaking.

I had my rusty for almost a year and barely got to use it because it always broke.
Ive had my MF2 for almost 2 years and havent broken nothing major yet.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Access

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

I noticed that everybody is saying don't get a Losi cause they are only good for bashing and NOTHING else. (caugh...caugh.......traxxas fanboys....caugh) But the people who actually OWN thhem say they are great. I own 3 of them and they are great. I just wanted to know what you think of the manafactuer and what you would want them to do? thanks

I really don't care about what you 3rd cousins once removed brother saying they were bad, ONLY VOTE YES if you OWN ONE!!
I have some of their older vehicles like the MF2 and it is a very solid racer (as long as you don't miss any jumps or hit anything head-on). OTOH some of their more basher-oriented trucks like the first-generation MLST I found very disappointing. Lots of the potential but poorly tested and highly impractical to work on. As a company I wish their distribution would be wider. Only about half the local hobby shops carry their stuff and this seems to be true in most cities. They are trying to come out with a mass-market hit and go down the basher route but so far none of their bashers have really lived up to the hype. They call them 'ready to run' but the reality is they have weak transmissions and require constant maintainance and/or part replacements considering what bashers typically put things through today. Throwing in a better radio or motor or something like that won't make people buy it, word of mouth is everything in this industry.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:47 AM
J.D.T

no 1/8 scale buggies are fragile so lets keep them out of the debate, I had a xx-4 way back when, it broke nearly weekly until I tracked down an aluminum front bulkhead mount, when the xxx-4 gp got hot I ordered one, it was the most fragile car I have ever owned. I still own two losi vehichles and probably will have some more but I will never buy the "racer" version of there stuff ever again as their carbon and graphite are a joke, I would rather have something that can last a pack without breaking. I would have to say racers and basher have always had the debate about what is worse on a car, look how many racers put "never been bashed" in there ads, one mans bashing is another mans cruising so all bashers are not the same, just like in racing, one guy that goes for it and sometimes cases that triple is definetely harder on the car than the guy that double singles the same jump so even when compairing apples to apples its all about the driver and not really the car, 30 feet vertical is a big deal but 30 feet vertical takes a special bread lol.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:48 AM
The Hedgehog

I like Losi
Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Always Dreamin

I have never owned a Losi. Mostly Traxxas vehicles. I must say that I have no problems with Losi. I don't see them as an entry level bashing company, but that doesn't mean they aren't durable. [&:]
Old 05-19-2008, 01:05 PM
s7jstep1

my main reason so far for not owning one is that tower doesnt stock parts for them
Old 05-19-2008, 01:18 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: s7jstep1

my main reason so far for not owning one is that tower doesnt stock parts for them
amain is cheaper then tower.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:48 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: s7jstep1

amain is cheaper then tower.

I agree, but amain isn't quite as "user friendly" for looking up parts

don't get me wrong, I like amain better than tower too, but to me it's easier to find the right things on tower than at amain
Old 05-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Dokioto

I find stuff on Tower or Stormer than type in the part # on A Main.. Problem solved
Old 05-19-2008, 02:37 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Love my micro-t, didn't like my xxx-t, mini lst is garbage, and they're overpriced on their big stuff.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

My mini-t was one of the best rc's ive ever owned. the only thing bad about it was the servo.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Nitro Fumes

I don't know where you got the idea of Losi being only good for bashing. That would be Traxxas. Losi makes racers. Sure, they do make trucks for bashing too but they certainly make race ready vehicles that will race right out of the box. In fact I race the XXX-NT AD2 truck. Now, try that with any Traxxas.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Chris_RC

I meant racing.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: brett65

Love my micro-t, didn't like my xxx-t, mini lst is garbage, and they're overpriced on their big stuff.
If the Mini LST is garbage than you shouldn't mind sending it to me for free
I could always use more "Trash"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.