Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Superior NITRO TRUCK

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:03 PM
leonardourich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superior NITRO TRUCK

Hello guys and please excuse my english. Here it is,

Next week i´ll have good money to buy any truck i want. I´ve been studying every truck in every brand and believe me IT´S A TOUGH DICISION. I´ve been watching youtube videos for three months every single day, been in alot of dealers contemplating the machines and that´s why i need your help. I´ve selected some model y think are the best and most durable. Which one do you recomend as the toghest, most powerfull truck? Thanks my friends.

- HPI Savage XL
- New Traxxas Revo 3.3
- New Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3
- Associated GT 8.0
- CEN Nemesis 7.7 - GST 7.7 - or Matrix TR
- Duratrax RAZE ST
- Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro or Lightning GTX2 Twin Monster
- Ofna Jammin X1-CRT
- Thunder Tiger ST-1, MTA-4, EK-4
- Losi LST2
- Tamiya TNX Monster Truck

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 PM
slayerphonics

Default RE: Superior NITRO TRUCK

ORIGINAL: leonardourich

Next week i´ll have good money to buy any truck i want. I´ve been studying every truck in every brand and believe me IT´S A TOUGH DICISION. I´ve been watching youtube videos for three months every single day, been in alot of dealers contemplating the machines and that´s why i need your help. I´ve selected some model y think are the best and most durable. Which one do you recomend as the toghest, most powerfull truck? Thanks my friends.

- HPI Savage XL
- New Traxxas Revo 3.3
- New Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3
- Associated GT 8.0
- Duratrax RAZE ST
- Ofna Jammin X1-CRT
- Losi LST2

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
From that list id vote

Thundertiger ST-1
Losi LST2
Jammin CRT
Old 06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: leonardourich

- HPI Savage XL
- New Traxxas Revo 3.3
- New Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3
- Associated GT 8.0
- Duratrax RAZE ST
- Ofna Jammin X1-CRT
- Losi LST2

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
From that list id vote

Thundertiger ST-1
Losi LST2
Jammin CRT
And I'd agree with you.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:00 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Would you rather have a Monster Truck or a Truggy? If your looking for the most powerful the MGT 8.0 has an engine twice the size of the others. In any case I'd vote for:

Monster Truck: AE MGT 8.0, Losi LST2
Truggy: Thunder Tiger ST-1, Jammin (if you can wait a week i think the Jammin X2 is coming out)
Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Chris_RC

I go for the LST2. I heard that it is great out of the box (besides maybe smaller tires)
Old 06-24-2008, 05:45 PM
leonardourich

Thank you guys. What do you think about de Savage XL?, i´ve been reading alot of forums and this model seems to be one of the favorites. What about the Revo? Are these models for amateurs or Pros?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:41 PM
cold_reboot

I'd stay far far away from the Revo's....all the ones I've ever seen run in person have broken after a few hours (I saw three break on a dirt oval with no jumps). Most hobby shops stock a lot of Traxxas parts because they know your going to need them. Performance on a Revo is not impressive either. The first time I saw one run in person I was scratching my head trying to figure out why those things are so popular. Savages are fine, I know several guys who have the X's. I think the difference is a longer chassis and a different engine on the XL, I may be wrong. Another acquaintance of mine has an LST2 seems like a good truck (when you don't tighten the brakes to much and melt the clutch like he did right after break in).

If you've narrowed it to the LST2, Savage XL and a Revo...LST2 hands down.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:09 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

LST 2 hands down.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Mspeed

Wow you got so many choices. Do you inticipate any racing in the future? that would help narrow down your selection a bit more. In terms of power, do you mean wheelie, acceleration power or are you looking for more of fast, hook up tractionwise, handling acceleration? And how about top end, does that matter as much as acceleration? The truggy's and stadium's tend to give you the handling, and undercontrol type of power. The monster trucks tend to give you the show off wheelie power. However, the monster trucks can do a fine job racing, take that LST2 for example.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:43 AM
qaiz

If your willing to spend the money, hold out for a few days, take the X1 off your list and replace it with the X2, the newer version.

Its supposed to be out on July 1 (Source A Main Hobbies )...
Old 06-25-2008, 01:35 AM
rican25

well it all depends on what you plan on doing with it... if your racing Id go with the OFNA X2 that people here are talking about, if its half as good as the original is then you will be very much satisfied but if youre just bashing (playing around) then there is no other choice than the Savage!! forget all the others and buy the X or the XL if you prefer.
Savage Nation all the way!!!! buy any other bashing machine and always have 2nd best! period
now about all those beautiful women over there..... how many can you spare? I do have a Savage I'll trade you for just 1 of them!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:57 AM
Hack u 2

For the bang for buck Revo. Less body roll than a Savage and faster. I own both. Steel geers are durable in Savage no doubt. But Revo can go monster or Truggy! Yes hobby stores have tons of Traxxas parts.....but that is because traxxas out sells 7 to 1. I owned a Gt 4.6 and that thing was a blast. I can only imagine what that 8.0 would do. Buy used on rcu and get 2 for price of 1.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:39 PM
fm2h3

MGT 8.0
LST2
Old 06-25-2008, 12:53 PM
haasjj

ORIGINAL: cold_reboot

Would you rather have a Monster Truck or a Truggy? If your looking for the most powerful the MGT 8.0 has an engine twice the size of the others. In any case I'd vote for:

Monster Truck: AE MGT 8.0, Losi LST2
Truggy: Thunder Tiger ST-1, Jammin (if you can wait a week i think the Jammin X2 is coming out)

IMO this was the perfect answer.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 PM
leonardourich

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS

I think i´ll decide between de LST2 or the SAVAGE XL. I´ll take this whole week to watch videos, re-read all the specs in varios model and get the best one posible.

Any other comments are very welcome. THANKS!!!

LEO
Old 06-25-2008, 10:21 PM
leonardourich

I mean, do you have another great Truck or Truggy to suggest?

THANKS!!

LEO
Old 06-25-2008, 10:36 PM
cold_reboot

I'd get an OFNA X2 ...but I'ma truggy guy ....or an Associated RC8T if you want to wait a couple more weeks. I plan on getting an RC8T toward the end of summer depending on how well it does. If the X2 turns out to be the beast to beat...I'll get one of those.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Medrivfast

Savage XL

It's 10x better than any Revo i've owned as for bashing. It's got a monster engine that wheelies on demand. It flies in the air when taking jumps.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 AM
GYNAIKAS

I like the savage XL very much but i also like the sealed gearbox and huge single shock suspenssion of the LST2.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 AM
HondaCRX

It all depends on what you want to do with the truck, I have a revo, and it's a great race truck. I've been through at least 20 gallons of fuel with it, and no broken chassis parts. I've broken multiple track records with it, and run circles around other trucks (LSTs, T-Maxxes, many savages, etc.) Best truck I've ever owned.

As a former employee of a hobby shop (fixing and tuning cars and trucks) I can tell you that the revo is by far the most well engineered truck of them all, super easy to work on, and a very high level of quality throughout, and very excellent suspension, it makes Savages look like a joke. I beat the hell out of mine, and it never gave me any trouble. The only thing I can think of off hand that i replaced due to wear (besides the engine) were the shock ends, which stretch. I replaced those with Golden Horizon billet shock ends.

But if winning races isn't what you're after, get a Savage, and jump it over some houses.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Xtfreak

Savage XL. A friend at my lhs has on..that thing is almost unbreakable if you want toughness get this.