Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RS4 3 18SS+ WRECKED... JUST PICS

Old 06-30-2008, 02:17 PM
kamuzai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 3 18SS+ WRECKED... JUST PICS

okay i got my new rs4 3 18ss+ about a month ago after my older version of the car rs4 3 type SS was run over... -.- by two girls in a car... anyways... so i havent been able to go 50mph yet and i wanted to try it, but haven't had the time to. so yesterday which was Sunday 6/29/08 i had the time to go to an empty parking lot. now so i was like finally im gonna go 50 mph right? WRONG... so i get there and everything is fine im driving it for a bit and doing short full throttle bursts. it didnt get up to 50mph but got around maybe 15-25mph. so i decided to make a check before i went far away which was maybe around 100-150 feet away. the engine was off and i ran out 150feet or so away and moved the controls and everything was working fine. so i decided ill give it ago and go out there with it. btw i have the spektrum 2.0 (at this time I, not knowing the range issues with this radio... uh-oh..) so im driving pretty slowly out there around 100-150 feet it just takes off and goes VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
im like oh s****... at this point i already know i lost signal and i just start to jet after the car, but it is just too damn fast. and what does it do? go 50mph right into the curb.... there goes my 500$ all to a faulty controller -.-... ALL THANKS TO SPEKTRUM!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!1!1111111!!!!!!111!!!1

so now i dont know what to do lol except hope the guy at the hobby shop will do something... iono what, but... at least not say oh we are sorry. which he most likely is gonna say... they should do something about it because they sold me this faulty controller...

here are the pics of the damages to the chasis. (there were a few other parts broken, but the chasis took the most damage. along with a big chuck of the gas tank.)

Old 06-30-2008, 03:29 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: RS4 3 18SS+ WRECKED... JUST PICS

that doesnt look bad, i mean iv seen worse. a new chassis should only run $25 right?
Old 06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$500 gone, but a $20 failsafe could have saved your car....and you're one of the first people i've heard to complain about any Spektrum radios.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 PM
kamuzai

yeah i know a fail safe couldve saved my car, but i didnt know of these range problems before because all my other remotes were futaba and i though spektrum was like top of the line lol and wouldnt have these faults. yeah a new chasis only like 30 bucks but still lol its a pain in the ass...
Old 06-30-2008, 06:59 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

owned
Old 06-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Doonagoowin

If you want to save $30, put the chassis on top of something heavy duty. Hold the part that is not bent off the surface and get a metal hammer and hammer down the nose until it's straight. This has already happened to me, so you don't have to put money into another chassis.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:05 PM
kamuzai

ORIGINAL: Doonagoowin

If you want to save $30, put the chassis on top of something heavy duty. Hold the part that is not bent off the surface and get a metal hammer and hammer down the nose until it's straight. This has already happened to me, so you don't have to put money into another chassis.
that is what im probably gonna do, but the thing is maybe the guys at the hobby store will do something... maybe like give me another remote and replace the chasis POSSIBLE lol because it is their fault that they sold me a faulty controller... and im not a one time shopper their either. so... i bought like at least thousand dollars or more there. so im just gonna wait till i go there and see whats up lol
Old 06-30-2008, 09:17 PM
rican25

Spektrums have built-in failsafes!! all you had to do was set it when you binded the controller to the reciever and presto!!! done!!! and youd still have a nice, 50mph car!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
zjwhitrock

you think thats bad?? i did the same thing with my 1/8 buggy, First time out too, I just sat and cried for about 30 min, then found out that I needed $75 worth of parts to fix it. BUY A FAIL SAFE!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 PM
quinch

ORIGINAL: rican25

Spektrums have built-in failsafes!! all you had to do was set it when you binded the controller to the reciever and presto!!! done!!! and youd still have a nice, 50mph car!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:57 PM
HondaCRX

Dead receiver batteries?