Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hey Texans! New track in Boerne!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:03 PM
exoticwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Texans! New track in Boerne!

I just ran some laps on a new track in Boerne, TX near San Antonio. Anyone close by come by and support the LHS. They race on Saturday. I am going to try to make it this weekend but need some practice time before I can be competitive. The website is: www.fullthrottlehobbiesrc.com

ADMIN: If this is in the wrong place, please move it.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:21 PM
TheIronMaiden

Default RE: Hey Texans! New track in Boerne!

dang that track looks super nice.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:58 PM
exoticwood

It is a nice track. The LHS on site was very helpful, too. I was having one of those days where none of my $10K worth of cars would run. Goes to show that knowledge and skill beat money in this sport!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:25 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: exoticwood

I just ran some laps on a new track in Boerne, TX near San Antonio. Anyone close by come by and support the LHS. They race on Saturday. I am going to try to make it this weekend but need some practice time before I can be competitive. The website is: www.fullthrottlehobbiesrc.com

ADMIN: If this is in the wrong place, please move it.
I just googled Bernee (at least that is how it says "Boerne" is pronounced), and it appears that the track is off of Federal Highway 87. Since you guys are deep south, does your track stay open even during the winter? That would rule, you can go out and race year round! Snow can put a damper on the race tracks, and since it doesnt snow where you are (at least not but once like every 5 to 10 years), you guys have it good! (The only thing I would not be able to stand is the desert heat of 90+ degrees F!)
Old 08-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Ajkracing

dont worry its only been 105 degrees 14 days straight

Where I am
Old 08-03-2008, 12:31 PM
exoticwood

We do get to run year around, but right now it is HOT! I have been leaning more towards my electrics so I don't spend so much time sweating to death while I wrench on the nitros to get them running right. But Nitro is so much more fun for me! Its all good...
Old 08-03-2008, 09:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Ajkracing

Where I am
105 degrees F 14 days straight!!!!??? You guys really are in the desert, that is like Death Valley heat in California.

Do you guys actually race in that kind of heat? Or do you run closer to the evennings or evn light up the track for evening racing? I would find concentrating in such heats excruciating, not to mention the massive amounts of water I must drink to keep from heat exhaustion.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Frozenshade

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Ajkracing

Where I am
105 degrees F 14 days straight!!!!??? You guys really are in the desert, that is like Death Valley heat in California.

Do you guys actually race in that kind of heat? Or do you run closer to the evennings or evn light up the track for evening racing? I would find concentrating in such heats excruciating, not to mention the massive amounts of water I must drink to keep from heat exhaustion.
I'm not going to lie, it is brutal. Doesn't take much time outside to get sick. I live near Dallas by the way. I am fortunate enough however that my LHS has two indoor tracks. During the heat I usually head over there. The heat can be tough on the engines too. The hot air is thinner so the car needs a bigger carb opening and it can sometimes just be quirky. Winter and fall is great though. 30-60 degrees outside usually. More pleasant and better car performance.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Ajkracing

I have been running my cars in the middle of the day. I dunno what i am thinking i guess i am trying to detoxify myself