Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The Godfather of RC

Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Godfather of RC

My vote goes to BudBud. He is always there with advice, tips, suggestions, and the willingness to go that extra mile to help out those in need. Puts others misfortunes into consideration when he goes into his hobby store of parts and things. Helps out those who have misfortunes and problems in their lives. My hat is off to you my brother, YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: The Godfather of RC

Who do you guys think is worthy of such a title and why?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:20 PM
rcnitrohead

I second that^^, great guy[sm=thumbup.gif],

Tom.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Access

Bob. I remember when the first ESCs came out, most racers swore that their MSCs were smoother, better, more direct and easier to drive, that no one would ever be able to win a race with an ESC and that they would just be a passing fad, never able to measure up to a good solid MSC. Despite all the myths, naysayers, controversy, urban legends, and superstition, his ESCs caught on and pretty much transformed electric racing. Even today a lot of new technologies (brushless, lipo, etc.) go through this same cycle; while the temptation for commercial companies is too often to reinforce and hang on to the old ways (ie. Trinity with early brushless), he was willing to take a risk and it's things like this that move the industry forward. The state of today where electric has far surpassed nitro would not have happened but for Bob and the very early ESCs.