Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mini Hyper ST
12.12%
Hong nor crt .5
9.09%
Kyosho dbx/dst
6.06%
go with 1/8 scale, the rest is for the kiddies!
72.73%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Help me pick....pls vote

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
bubble27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me pick....pls vote

Ok guys...officially wanted to post this in the truggy thread but wouldnt let me create a Poll.

Just to let you guys know.....my ownly problem is limited cash lol :P
experience on working on the car isnt a problem, im not a racer so not looking for the best handling etc. just something that would be fun.

I dont really wanna spend too much so thats why 1/8 scale truggies are a secondary option.
For example a pair of tires is gona cost like £80 for 1/8

on the 1/121/10 scale its gona be like £20 !

[link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jcsh2g-ay4E]mini with oversized engine[/link]

and thats what made me want to go for a petit size car lol

not sure why the Hper mini died! but i think i'd go for that over the crt .5 since it just just came out and the hyper9 has a titled engine too! might be a good suprise in handling.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:46 PM
J4K3SHNEG

Default RE: Help me pick....pls vote

I was going to get the DST but iv ordered a hyper 7 instead as they are tougher and faster. I would say its worth spending the extra few tenners on an 1/8 but if you dont want to spend too much then get a Kyosho DBX/DST. IMO.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Druss

thunder tiger st-1 if you're not racing. Very durable and one of the lower cost truggies.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:12 PM
bubble27

ORIGINAL: J4K3SHNEG

I was going to get the DST but iv ordered a hyper 7 instead as they are tougher and faster. I would say its worth spending the extra few tenners on an 1/8 but if you dont want to spend too much then get a Kyosho DBX/DST. IMO.

well i kinda want a truggy.....but is the ground clearance of the dst, crt.5 and a buggy the same??

ORIGINAL: Druss

thunder tiger st-1 if you're not racing. Very durable and one of the lower cost truggies.

Are the spare parts of the st-1 as cheap as the minis??
Old 12-01-2008, 03:17 PM
J4K3SHNEG

The DBX and DST are the same but with just a different bodyshell. I do not know the ground clearance of the CRT have a look on their website. All I know is my mate went to a modelshop and they said that the DBX/DST was the best one to go for over most 1/10 including the HPI Firestorm which is meant to be a good car.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:31 PM
SnSHampton
My Feedback: (1)

The hyper mini st is over 300 bucks and you could get a duratrax raze for about 275.00 with the discounts.350.00 for a Hyper st!!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 PM
dominicevans

ORIGINAL: SnSHampton

The hyper mini st is over 300 bucks and you could get a duratrax raze for about 275.00 with the discounts.350.00 for a Hyper st!!
the raze is one of the worst truggies dude. stop recommending crap
Old 12-01-2008, 08:17 PM
bubble27

Cool guys thanks for the replies!

yeh dude wat rubbish are you going on about???

the hyper st is 350$ on discount for the KIT! so it will sum out to be quite abit.

Hyper mini is 300$ and so is the hong nor crt .5

I think i need an opionion of someone that has a mini and a 1/8 truggy :/
Old 12-02-2008, 12:00 AM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

the raze is one of the worst truggies dude. stop recommending crap
just curious, do you have one, or did you at some point? because if not, you are hardly qualified to call it crap. Also, knowing someone that owns one doesnt qualify you either....
Old 12-02-2008, 06:05 AM
dominicevans

I was never the owner of a raze but I did have one as my own for about a month and let me tell u this now the ting is crap!!!!! it might not look so when it's by it's self but put it next to a good truggy and notice the difference
Old 12-02-2008, 07:17 AM
cobra26

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

I was never the owner of a raze but I did have one as my own for about a month and let me tell u this now the ting is crap!!!!! it might not look so when it's by it's self but put it next to a good truggy and notice the difference

I take exception to your characterization of the Raze ST. I'll be the first to admit it's not a born racer, but for bashing it's right on target. I have two Raze buggies and an ST. All three have been durable, reliable, and consistent. They all have roto-start, start right up, run consistently, and provide hassel-free running. I've got over 3 gallons through one buggie, nearly two through my second, and the ST is just over one. I had one disaster when I hit a gigantic concrete planter head-on at full speed, but the Duratrax guarantee on parts cost me nothing to fix it. I am in the process of putting sway bars on all of them as well as cleaning out the diffs which I will fill with silcone oil. These three vehicles have provided hours of good running and tons of fun. The engines are still tight, well broken in, and scream for a stock engine. The cost-to-fun ratio has been amazing. In the spring I intend to race a buggy and the truggy for fun and giggles, and if I get swamped on the track I'll go back to racing my OFNA 8.5 and D8.

I'm sick of people raining on the Raze buggy and truggy. I have had more fun with them than my finicky expensive iron, and as far as I'm concerned they give the best bang-for-the-buck of anything I own. Over two years of just "grab the buggy, fuel, and start support", and go run with no hassles. Come home, charge the receiver battery pack and I'm ready to go again. It doesn't get better than that for bashing.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 AM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

^^^^^^^^^what he said!!!lol
Old 12-02-2008, 09:49 AM
dominicevans

well lots of people have no problems with some RC's but others have big probs with that same model

for example the revo. There are people who claim its the best MT and praise it but there are others who just cant stand seeing one

reason : the past experiences with that model. Oh and in this case it has nothing with being ignorant to the features nor the instructions
Old 12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
SnSHampton

Bubble....the Ofna Hyper st RTR is 350.00 .I was going to purchase one but bought the so call "crap raze" instead.If you listen to all the 10 year old kids in here they will try to make you think that price =quality.and to that they are dead wrong!!!!. also butt cheese, i remember reading the subject....Help me Please!!i was just making a suggestion.and you want to cock off.piss on you then!!!![:@]
Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 PM
dominicevans

haha 10 year old kid lol you are funny

no my friend price doesn't=quality but quality often = price!

if you want a truggy why not come to the truggy forums and speak to people who actually know about truggys
Old 12-02-2008, 08:55 PM
SnSHampton

dominic ....yeah you would know what do you call that piece of Crap you have in your gallery?you don't have a clue.your quick to tell people what is crap and whats not when you don't have anything to make an accurate comparison to.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 PM
dominicevans

no dude thats the only few pics I got up when I first joined the forum. Yea its crap also... all it does is break

I also have mayhem, savage, rs4 and old rustler
the raze and the ofna ultra was given back to its owner
Old 12-02-2008, 09:32 PM
dominicevans

wait why am I still conversing with a guy with the brain of a 6 year old.
If you think that raze is a good truggy(lol) then keep telling yourself that and keep playing with it. You are one of the few people I have heard about liking the raze your eyes must see something golden in it. Have Fun

I'm to busy for this. This conversation is over
Old 12-02-2008, 10:38 PM
SnSHampton

Dominic,after digging through your old post i find that you are a freaking liar!!!you claim in one of your post that your friend has a savage and you don't like it because it turns over too easy ......yada yada.you also don't race cause you have no tracks on your island,you run mostly on the road,so you don't have much to crash into and so forth and so on.....so again you claim that i have the brain of a six year old because i bought a raze and you say its junk......I happen to like mine(i really have one)and i say its a pretty nice truggy for $275.00 and i can make a truthful statement about it cause i have driven one.and other post say you only have 1/10 scale stuff (Exceed)again please talk about things you have experience with(exceed)and not things you don't own and never have owned[>:]BTW by buying the Raze......with the money i saved i also bought a Slash.its pretty nice too.What do you think???
Old 12-03-2008, 01:34 PM
cobra26

Dominic,after digging through your old post i find that you are a freaking liar!!!you claim in one of your post that your friend has a savage and you don't like it because it turns over too easy ......yada yada.you also don't race cause you have no tracks on your island,you run mostly on the road,so you don't have much to crash into and so forth and so on.....so again you claim that i have the brain of a six year old because i bought a raze and you say its junk......I happen to like mine(i really have one)and i say its a pretty nice truggy for $275.00 and i can make a truthful statement about it cause i have driven one.and other post say you only have 1/10 scale stuff (Exceed)again please talk about things you have experience with(exceed)and not things you don't own and never have owned[>:]BTW by buying the Raze......with the money i saved i also bought a Slash.its pretty nice too.What do you think???

Don't let what anyone on here says get you wound up in your shorts, it's not worth it. This hobby is populated with folks in it for a myraid of reasons and any two may or maynot be alike. Just because I wouldn't buy a Redcat (or whatever) doesn't mean I'm going to trash it, or trash the person who bought it. We all own what we own for different reasons, and each and every one of those reasons is valid to the individual. Freud had lots to say about those who think and feel differently.

I am 63 years old, have been in this hobby since the tether cars powered by Doolings since the early 1950's and have owned and run everything in R/C from OFNA, to AE, to Losi, to Tamiya, to Kyosho, to Duratrax, to Traxxas, to HPI, to Mugen, to X-Ray, and others, and I have enjoyed them all, and mostly for different reasons. The only junk I've run across is in the form of posts on this forum and others by people who trash another person's opinions, experiences, or rides. We're all better than that and should focus on the positive aspects of this hobby.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
dominicevans

lets see here

1. I dont own the RC's that I have.(savage, mayhem) I run them, clean them fix them. The owner went away recently and left me in charge!

2. What I do own exceed buggy, rs4 and the rustler. The Raze was only with me for about a month which it sucked thats why I said its crap. YOU cannot doubt my opinion for it being crap.

3. you are guessing again when u say I only have experience with 1/10 scale. It might be true I only own 1/10 but I was and am in possession of 1/8 scale stuff which I use!!

4. I drive in the road at home. When all of us play we got to our bash site ( a park) we don't race, no tracks to race and I never said that I race

5. what u see in a person's RCU gallery doesn't mean thats the only thing they have nor does it mean its theirs
Old 12-03-2008, 06:47 PM
dominicevans

why do you care so much of what I think about your truggy!? will it make up feel good if I said your truggy is good or its worth the money?

I dont like the raze for breaking and being such a slug stock compared to a jammin x1 thats that. If you want to chatter on about how good it is and how good it has been to you then you will b talking to yourself.
SO what if I say the Raze is crap I know that other raze owners are seeing this thread but they like their raze the admire it, so they don't really care what some other dude thinks. but instead you think that you should carry on the argument longer.

Now u little batty boy mek me tell u something nuh.. becuz u think that I never drove a raze nor an 1/8 scale so I cant compare it but u need to wake up and smell the coffee and realize that I have!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 PM
dacaur

Old 12-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Druss

ORIGINAL: dacaur

LOL totally agree... besides, everyone knows the TTR ST-1 is the best RTR Nitro Truggy for under $300.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:55 AM
dominicevans

true go ask in the truggy forum wats the worst truggyother than hsp. they are gonna tell u it's the helfire and raze

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.