Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Well....

Old 12-25-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well....

Well i don't believe these "Mega P's" are So Tough!

I already broke the steering linkage on the right side...

i did a minor land a littel nose down and it went pop and broke off...

is there a aluminum steering drag link? (i think that is what its called, it is the part that attaches the 2 Tie rods together for the steering...)

EDIT: i also broke the Front Body mount... i just CA glued it back together...

[link=http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himotora/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=374&=SID#MOREINFO]This is what i need....[/link]
Old 12-25-2008, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well....

Cam....

Lol...."Minor Landing, a Little nose Down,".....Lol

I broke out my "Canadian to American Translation Book." Here is what is said.......
Translation......"I flew off a Jump at Full throttle and landed on one Front Wheel".......

Yes.....That is the Upgrade part that should fix your breakage.

P.S.
Those Truggies have Low Profile Tires.....
If you are gonna be doing Serious off roading (ie: Jumping) then try these following tips for set up....

Get some Bigger/Cushier Tires...Rustler Rears on all 4 corners will be good.
Install the shocks in the Most UPRIGHT position....
Throw in 50 weight shock Fluid and Crank the shock springs real tight to limit Droop and absorb Big landings......
Also, put some fuel line spacers (bump stops) on the shock piston rod. This will limit the travel a bit, but will stop the suspension from Over Travel, which will help to NOT bend the Dog bones on hard landings.
Dont forget to Pad your receiver......
All these things will Help you to Go Big and survive......

And,,,Cam......Learn to Drive!
Lol,,,,jut Hackin on Ya, Bro.....
Old 12-25-2008, 07:16 PM

all i can say is here is my video, no breakage, i have not replaced a single part on this truggy since i have had it and its been almost a year, i put the upgraded pipe on it, thats all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C20Li8MsBuw
Old 12-25-2008, 07:19 PM

LMAO! Nice rich

I only flew 4FT!!! and landed at a 45 Degree angle!

yes, next time i go to the hobby store i am going to get a new set of tires...

50Wtg, i am only runing 40Wtg right now... 3 of the shocks were empty... so i re filled them with 40

they are up as high as they would go...

lol well i now have a shoping list!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:22 PM

What About Pro-line Masher 2000's they any good?
Old 12-25-2008, 07:27 PM

also cam, remeber that you bought that used and i remember a few jumping video's using that truggy, lol
Old 12-25-2008, 07:34 PM

ya... but i looked all over it and checked everything and there was nothing stressed or broken... so Adam took good care of it... and it was sparkling clean when i got it

i am thinking of geting a set of Proline Dirt Paw, and Masher 2000's
Old 12-25-2008, 08:08 PM

the dirt hawgs or gladiators would be good, i like them and run them on a few of my rc's. Your the first person i have heard of who has broken that plate and all the megap's use the same one i think. I am sure adam took very good care of that but it has seen a few jumps and would be hard to see a crack in a steering plate. i have to take a good look at mine, i have done some pretty serious jumping as you can see in the video, the mtr is one of the most durable rc's i have in my garage of many rc's. i seriously have never broken a thing on it.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:33 PM

hmmm not durable....3 out of 4 shocks empty....canada in the winter....ok with that said I have the mtr-3 and yeah I broke a part on mine shortly after I got it...the wreck I had consisted of me running my truggy at 3/4 throttle across my yard which happens to be were my water meter lid is, which is sunken into the ground approx 4 inches...upon hitting this my mtr-3 happened to do cart wheels for atleast 8yrds (more like 10)...now I checked all the screws shock oils and all that good stuff before my truggy even so much as sniffed nitro....my theory on why mine broke is this...in checking all the screws I may have stressed some of them..regardless if I did or not the truggy took a nasty tumble...the part that I broke is the little tab on the rear shock tower that has a single screw which screws into the diff case...now the 2 screws that hold the rear tower and are screwed into the rear diff snapped...thus gives me the impression I may have stressed the screws because not only did I try to easy out the screws from the diff case I also tried to take them out with a left handed drill bit...them babies are tight in there resulting into needing a new rear diff case....

one thing u might consider is that you are running it in the cold...plastic tends to break easier in the cold.....posted is a pic of my breakage
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66847.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1096565  
Old 12-26-2008, 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Cam_132

What About Pro-line Masher 2000's they any good?
You need 2.8 rims, (like whats on a Himoto Viper or a Traxxas Bandit, Rustler, or Stampede).....

You cannot use 2.2 rims, the HUB will not fit inside the rim.....(Unless you buy axle extenders).

Personally, I would go with Bandit rears (which are bigger/cushier than the Stockies, but not quite as Tall as Rustler tires).
Old 12-26-2008, 12:05 AM

50Wtg, i am only runing 40Wtg right now... 3 of the shocks were empty...
LOL.. ok cam im pulling the BS card on this one.. HAHAHA
so your saying 3 shocks had nothing in them??? HAHA i dont think so. just a few weeks before i sold it rich put new WHT oil in it. so you cant say there was nothing in them.. HAHAHAHAH

ok and as for the things you busted.... im with rich... i had to pull the Canada book out. and i got about the same as rich said.
full gas...hit the ramp.......and landed nose down and busted parts...
i think it was the driver that busted the parts.. hehehehe you have seen my videos and i crashed that thing a few times and nothing........ landing on the nose going off a jump you will most likely bust something...
Well im glad you at least had some fun......
Old 12-26-2008, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: kuppler

50Wtg, i am only runing 40Wtg right now... 3 of the shocks were empty...
LOL.. ok cam im pulling the BS card on this one.. HAHAHA
so your saying 3 shocks had nothing in them??? HAHA i dont think so. just a few weeks before i sold it rich put new WHT oil in it. so you cant say there was nothing in them.. HAHAHAHAH

ok and as for the things you busted.... im with rich... i had to pull the Canada book out. and i got about the same as rich said.
full gas...hit the ramp.......and landed nose down and busted parts...
i think it was the driver that busted the parts.. hehehehe you have seen my videos and i crashed that thing a few times and nothing........ landing on the nose going off a jump you will most likely bust something...
Well im glad you at least had some fun......

ok ok... the 3 shocks were 3/4 empty... they had a littel bit of oil in them... When i pulled it out of the box there was shock oil all over the arms...
ok ok with that too, i hit it at full throtal in first did about 10 ft and landed like a Statium truck... kinda nose down.
then agan adam, you were going littel bunny jumps... i did a big snow ramp that had a launch of about 45 Deg, and was 4ft high...
so i am not suprised i broke something...
But adam... i absouloutly love the truck!!! it flyes!!!
i am going to go to the hobby store and find some rims and tires and get some new rubber on thows tires. i also have some other stuff on it too! total is about 200$ worth
LOL! at the end of the 5th tank of fuel in the break in, i was like SCREW IT!!! i am not doing a nother tank of break in! and i was runing it hard!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:28 AM

Aaaaaahhh.....Sssnooow......You didnt mention Snow....(Although its Canada, I should have Known[sm=idea.gif]) Lol..

Was it cold enough to affect the Breakage factor of the Plastic? (Brittleness)
Old 12-26-2008, 12:38 AM

I've never had a problem with the cold on parts cept the body but you have to hit something very hard.
Edit and I get close to twice as cold as Cam gets.I got my money on bad driving lol
Old 12-26-2008, 12:47 AM

Oh....Ok....
No real experience with cold.....
You know me....I never have to wear Long Pants!
I had a little White Frost on my Grass and a Bit of Ice on my windshield, and I thought THAT was Cold!!!!! Buuurrrrr!!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:50 AM

"dont be a girlie man"....quote from your governer...lol
Old 12-26-2008, 12:54 AM

i notice parts will break easier when its cold then warm, just the laws of physics. Cold makes things more brittle wether it be plastic or metal. Just part of the hobby, things break, break more when you jump, just the way it goes. Usually the first few jumps are small, no breakage then you start to grow some you know whats and then the breakage begins.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:55 PM

Cam I find it hard to believe that you already broke your truggy! I was bashing mine hard yesterday jumping off a skateboard ramp and had a ton of bad landings! These things have the strongest front bumper I have ever seen, I was landing straight up and down (I know, hold the throttle when you go off the ramp!) on its bumper and didn't break anything! Crashes that would have crippled my Tower Terror or Rush didn't even make this thing flinch! I hope you get yours fixed soon!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: amf66

Cam I find it hard to believe that you already broke your truggy! I was bashing mine hard yesterday jumping off a skateboard ramp and had a ton of bad landings! These things have the strongest front bumper I have ever seen, I was landing straight up and down (I know, hold the throttle when you go off the ramp!) on its bumper and didn't break anything! Crashes that would have crippled my Tower Terror or Rush didn't even make this thing flinch! I hope you get yours fixed soon!
just like everyone is saying.... DRIVER ERROR.............
Old 12-26-2008, 09:33 PM

lol its always driver error...

the truck doesent sit there and snap something... if it does then it isint driver error... if your driveing it and it breaks then it is driver error...
Old 12-26-2008, 10:01 PM

well regardless you have to look at the size of these cars and the speeds they travel....breakage is just part of the game....maybe someday soon I can put my mtr-3 through the paces and capture it on video...the bad thing is my rxb-1 gets most my attention and I dont get to carried away with my others....I am intrested to see what this little truggy can and cant take...lol...so I'm thinking that if the weather is at all somewhat decent this weekend I might just dust it off and have a lil fun...lol