Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Pay it Forward

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Metallover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pay it Forward

I'm making a pay it forward thread here in the car section. This is a place where you post what you are willing to GIVE away or what you need.

RULES - No posting or mentioning any money, trades, or your shipping information. All shipping information is to be sent though pm's. Do NOT post anything that you are looking to sell or trade here. Everything must be RC related. If you see someting that you like, send the person that is giving it away a private message and continue from there.

Keep the rules in mind, and try to be sensable. Don't post what you want to get for free over and over and if you do at least try to contribute to the thread by giving something away. If anyone posts anything regarding trading or selling, this thread can easily get taken down, so follow the rules and enjoy the good use of this thread.

Good Examples:
-user Joeschmoe posts - "I have a set of 12mm hubs and a spare left lower arm for a revo" Jackandjill could use a set of 12mm hexes so he will send a private message to Joeschmoe regarding the hexes.

-user Jackandjill posts "I could use a set of revo springs" Joeschmoe has an extra set of revo springs and sends a PM to Joeschmoe regarding the springs.

Bad Examples:
-user Joescmoe posts "SOMEBDY PLZZZZ HELP ME. i NEED A NEW RECEIVER FOR MY PEDE ASAP!! PLZZZZ! SEND IT TO JOESCHMOE, 1411 REGULAR AVE., SAMPLE, CA 253334.

-user Jackandjill posts "I Have a body 4 my maxx if someone wants to trade. I can also sell it..."

-user Joeschmoe posts "I've got a PSP I will trade 4 a revo"

-user Jackandjill posts "I'll sell a set of maxx arms for $5. My paypal is [email protected]"

Now to get this thread going, I have some after run oil and a few regular plastic futaba servo horns. I could use two stock rear micro t shocks.

UPDATE - I got a mod's approval to trade items here. If you want to trade something, put a capital T before you describe the item.

ex -

T - I have a triton JR charger I could trade for an 18th scale roller...

Bad ex -

I've gotta triton jr charger. [this stays like this then everyone expects it for free, but they really want to trade]
Old 01-16-2009, 08:20 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Pay it Forward

I have some AM recievers(1 duratrax one traxxas) could use some hex wrenches or 2wd buggy tires...
Old 01-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Metallover

ORIGINAL: oday1395

I have some AM recievers(1 duratrax one traxxas) could use some hex wrenches or 2wd buggy tires...
I'm guessing you want some drivers or do you just need a single L shaped hex wrench? I can hook you up with a single.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Chris_RC

Well James, you could of told me you had an AM receiver! I have about 4 sets of hex drivers, but I use them all!!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:29 AM
SlashBasher

ORIGINAL: Metallover

ORIGINAL: oday1395

I'm guessing you want some drivers or do you just need a single L shaped hex wrench? I can hook you up with a single.
yeah not L wrenches actual drivers[&:]and chris want to give up a few for 2 AM recievers?[8D]
Old 01-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

i am in need of an esc that is water proof and will go down to at least 15 turns

P.S. i have no clue why this thread is still going
Old 01-17-2009, 02:34 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sure the mods will shut it down....must be breaking some rule...
Old 01-17-2009, 04:24 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There already is a classifieds / FS / FT/ section on RCU.

EDIT:

Thanks for clearing it up Gribbles.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Actually I was informed that there was a pay it forward type thread on the plane side a ways back that lasted for a while. I checked and there isn't anything wrong with the thread so far and hence why it hasn't been shut down.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:55 PM
SlashBasher

ok lest get back in business. I have two AM recivers, looking for hex drivers, or 2wd buggy tires.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:47 PM
locksmack

I am in need of an ESC or a MSC for a stock 4tec as the MSC has busted.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Metallover asked my advice about this thread (good call). I suggested he ask Nathan before posting it. He said he would, I assume he has, so there is no problem here. If it goes well, I will see about getting it stickied.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:58 PM
redfisher1974

I have a TEU302BK Tamiya ESC,Looking for street tires for my Firestorm...Or a esky gyro.....
Old 01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
ferrariowner123

i have a brand new TQ transmitter and reciever and transmitter with no Crystals but i got a friend who owes me a pair, its worth about $50 brand new, looking for a few MISC parts for my VXL Stampede

Traxxas Caster Blocks Left/Right
Traxxas Bulkhead Front Gray
Traxxas Main Chassis Gray
Traxxas Skid Plate Stampede Front/Rear
Traxxas Rod Ends w/Connectors LS2
Traxxas Servo Saver Large
RPM Front Shock Tower Stamp

if this violates any of the thread rules please PM right away, i didnt wanna make this look like a trade,

Thanks
Ferrari
Old 01-18-2009, 08:11 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

i have a hpi am receiver.could use a esc that'll handle 17 turns.also have a glow ignitor thatruns on a d battery.also have 2 cheap chargers,one is a duratrax 200mah with a hpi plug,and one with a traxxas plug.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Montana Mike

IN need of some reducers for an Axial 32 carburetor, engine didnt come with any.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Metallover

To update my list, I have after run oil and air filter cleaner stuff along with the servo horns.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Montana Mike

IN need of some reducers for an Axial 32 carburetor, engine didnt come with any.
I might be able to hook you up here. Let me check and see. PM me your shipping info.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Montana Mike

Cool Cool Mr Gribble
Old 01-22-2009, 10:51 AM
redfisher1974

I see this idea really didnt pan out to well.....
Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 AM
86waterpumper

Well I'm confused as to how it's supposed to work and I'm sure others were too. I mean ok you give someone something for free that's cool I've got stuff I would give away for free too probably if I hunted around. The problem is, the person that wants it isn't standing next to me. No guidelines were even setup for shipping, or how that would be handled or paid etc. Obviously if it were a couple screws and cost a stamp that would be cool, but not many people are going to start shipping heavy crap with what the rates are these days. I don't really understand why people wouldn't be allowed to do trades, tell what they had and they would trade it for what they need that seems more logical. I do see why outright sales weren't allowed obviously since there is a marketplace section.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:28 PM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: 86waterpumper

Well I'm confused as to how it's supposed to work and I'm sure others were too. I mean ok you give someone something for free that's cool I've got stuff I would give away for free too probably if I hunted around. The problem is, the person that wants it isn't standing next to me. No guidelines were even setup for shipping, or how that would be handled or paid etc. Obviously if it were a couple screws and cost a stamp that would be cool, but not many people are going to start shipping heavy crap with what the rates are these days. I don't really understand why people wouldn't be allowed to do trades, tell what they had and they would trade it for what they need that seems more logical. I do see why outright sales weren't allowed obviously since there is a marketplace section.
I know we should be allowed to trade without having to use the crappy marketplace...
Old 01-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Metallover

Hmm.. Good points. I'll talk to the mods about trading. I'm thinking that would be pushing the forum rules though... the point of the thread is to pay it forward. Give away stuff you don't need. It's about giving stuff you don't need to someone who can use it. Even if you have to pay 5 dollars for shipping, you can know you helped someone out.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:59 PM
MadManAndrew

anybody got a spare Traxxas XL-1 or XL-5 ESC or something similar...The one in my Pede burnt up...
Old 01-22-2009, 05:31 PM
hands without shadows

If somebody (relatively) close by has a tq3 laying around and wants to send it my way I will do a full write up on how to add a proportional third channel, EPA on all channels, an internal battery pack, and how to make it all look factory. I'm not asking for a handout, just itching for a project.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.