Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How about a Vintage Section?

Old 03-03-2009, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How about a Vintage Section?

Oh how I fondly remember that day in the 80s when I had my first Nikko Black Fox frame buggy. A week later, I begged for a Nikko Super Fox and my grandparents actually gave in to my whinning. But they were slow and the neighbours had cars that were 3 times faster with flexible "thin" and "flimsy" shells and all those cool wires outside the shell connectng to a motor and cool looking white square things that had an aluminum shield and a sticker saying "Caution Hot". They also had things that could control the speed of the car with a "wiper thingy" that moved left and right. And they had a battery that looked like a Mars bar with wires and a connector sticking out if it, compared to my 8AAs. Wow, nothing like my Nikko Black Fox and Super Fox - mine had a 1/4 inch thick shell and everything was enclosed. Who in the right mind would consider a car like this a trade-up when u have an armor-plated 1/4 inch bodied Nikko with an "Integrated ESC and receiver" in the form of a printed circuit board??? Somehow, I decided that day that I needed this car that everyone called a Hornet. I was hooked. After the Hornet, came a Fox, then a Hoshot 2, then several AYKs... You know what I mean...

So a second Yes from me to the idea of this Vintage Forum.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:22 PM
My Feedback: (1)

The OP needs to post a poll. Apparantley the mods like to see polls if they are to take our request seriously. That way they can get legitimate statistical info on the demand for a vintage forum.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 AM
My Feedback: (32)

Any update on this, or any more interest?
Old 03-20-2009, 09:24 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I am in for a vintage forum (I voted on the poll as well). The other nice thing about the vintage cars - they tend to be cheap. Although you end up spending the difference in parts to get them running again, but picking up an LXT for $35 is cool.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:27 PM

we definatly need one to help keep our vintages running and get more vintage runners
Old 03-28-2009, 04:05 PM

Yes here, I would like to see a dedicated section for Vintage RC. Would help build a bigger data base for those of us that have them. And build intrest in those that want them.