Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

t-Maxx vs Thunder quake

Old 03-23-2002, 12:50 PM
joeyM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-Maxx vs Thunder quake

hi all you nitro r/c car guys--i was looking to drop some cash on a monster truck to just backyard bash with and have some fun--not looking to spend alot on upgrades--question is I read a review in nitro magazine and i was gonna go with a thunder quake except the kinda said the metal gears wear out quickly--I thought that metal gears vs plastic would be better as far as durability--I really like the t-maxx too--but the new terra crusher looks cool also but the review it got was one of the misses was a single needle carb on the engine--seems everyone has a t-maxx--can you give me your opinion--want to hear from someone who has experiences with any of these machines before i drop my cash on a monster truck--I know this question has been beaten to death but I really need to hear some of your opinions before I order a new truck.....thanks alot guys.....joe
Old 03-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Hots_Flyer
My Feedback: (2)

Agreed---Get the T-Maxx. I have one and they are a blast. Parts are cheap if you break something but they are hard to break. Unless you do what I did. Hit my Explore at full speed. OUCH!!!
Old 03-24-2002, 01:10 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive got a maxx too, very good jumping truck, the best Ive had so far.Here is a little jump, its only a few feet off, I have had to look up to see it jump by, and Im 6' tall!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6581_167.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	4746  
Old 03-24-2002, 01:58 AM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

http://www.rc-car.com/detail.asp?id=126

check this out i like the t-maxx my bro has one but this kinda sways me to which one would be better
Old 03-24-2002, 02:17 AM
JohnVH

I would say the maxx is better than that thing, that IS and 1/8 scale truck with a small motor, the maxx is 1/10, if it had a .21 in it it would be cool.

IMO
Old 03-25-2002, 06:40 PM
gniessen

Default Thunder Quake

To give a little push for the TQ, after reading the t-Maxx comments. I agree that the t-maxx is a good truck, and is more nibbler on tight courses. If you like the full sized monster trucks, the TQ is for you. It is heavier and does not accellerate as fast, but with the two speed tranny, it really gets going. And I think it is more scale in performance to the Big Foot, Grave Digger type car crusher. I also find the transmision works better then the t-maxx.

I do wish they would come out with a lower gear for it, to get more low-end punch. But I have not seen any real wear of those steel gears. Just keep them clean and lubricated with a dry lube.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:49 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

How about a t-maxx 4 stroke conversion? Anybody here try it?
Old 03-25-2002, 07:28 PM
gniessen

Default 4-stroke

I looked at the idea of a 4-stroke TQ, but it did not look like OS 46 was compatible without and additional $178 kit for the drive shaft. I dodn't know of any other 4-stroke car engines. But would love to have the extra torque of a 4-stroke. Anyone seen a .26 or .30 for the TM?
Old 03-25-2002, 09:52 PM
JohnVH

goto maxxtraxx.com the 4 stroke has been done, its all been done, twin engine, .21, 4stroke, ive even seen twin .21's for some reason!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
stcla1r

Default RE: t-Maxx vs Thunder quake

i'm sorry but i can't give opions.[]everybody seems to like blue trucks&purple trucks too
Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 PM
bowelmovement
Banned

ORIGINAL: joeyM

hi all you nitro r/c car guysi was looking to drop some cash on a monster truck to just backyard bash with and have some funnot looking to spend alot on upgradesquestion is I read a review in nitro magazine and i was gonna go with a thunder quake except the kinda said the metal gears wear out quicklyI thought that metal gears vs plastic would be better as far as durabilityI really like the t-maxx toobut the new terra crusher looks cool also but the review it got was one of the misses was a single needle carb on the engineseems everyone has a t-maxxcan you give me your opinionwant to hear from someone who has experiences with any of these machines before i drop my cash on a monster truckI know this question has been beaten to death but I really need to hear some of your opinions before I order a new truck.....thanks alot guys.....joe
thunderfart all the way, it's the king, aside from 2 girls 1 cup
Old 01-28-2012, 07:08 PM
RC Scab Ab

My god please shut up fag.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM
BulgarianBullwhip
Banned

no help here