Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Bash spot database?

Old 03-17-2009, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bash spot database?

Does anyone know if there's a bash spot data base? Like a website where people nationwide can submit the spots they know of where they can run RC vehicles. They can add details like the type of terrain, how much space, how often other RC hobbyists go there, etc. If an area is part of a community park but RC hobbyists can go there and not get hassle. Where to park your real car. That sort of thing.

SPOT 1: Where I live in Orange County, there's a Big 5 Sporting Goods store and Kragen Auto Parts, among other stores, at a shopping center. In the city of Laguna Hills, CA. Corner of La Paz Rd. and Moulton Pkwy. There's a dirt area that's fair. It's got space. Behind the Kragen's store, there are trees. In this dirt area, head towards the Baja Fresh restaurant. Stop at the road driveway. You're in the spot. Cross the road driveway and keep walking and there may be more bashing spots.

SPOT 2: Search Via Campo Verde where it crosses Moulton Pkwy near this area. Just south of El Toro Rd. There's a building under it. Under that building is a dirt area. Fair area, I had fun there with my Stampede VXL. I'll try parking at the parking lot behind the building next time I go. Otherwise I had to park at the Vons across the road, walk down to the church on that side, go around a fence, down a slope, and through a tunnel that actually goes under Moulton Parkway, under the road.

I once saw someone run an XTM 1/8 scale truggy or something right on the baby beach at Dana Point Harbor. The sand was hardened by the ocean water. Not an ideal place still, but there are people here aching for good bash spots.

I'm sure those two spots won't help most of the people here but just wanted to throw that out anyways. I often go on google map and use satellite mode with labels and just explore around looking for large patches of dirt. There are a few other spots I see that I want to go check out.

Anyone else live in Orange County, CA that happen to know any good random spots to bash at?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88199.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1159692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25739.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1159693  
Old 03-17-2009, 08:26 AM

Default RE: Bash spot database?

Actually you have a great idea. It would be cool if we could submit VERIFIED RC locations and be able to search by city. Not quite sure how to go about verifying the spots but just so people don't show up to what they were told is a great all terrain bash spot and it is in the middle of a mall. [] Maybe something RCU could do with a small database?

Anyhow, here in Houston, TX every Sunday noon at 249 and Grant Rd. there is a little free for all RC get together. It is just a parking lot thing but they make a small track out of PVC tubing and try to keep frequencies checked within reason. Depending on how many show up they will do classes of vehicles. On average there is about 20 cars out there ranging from Minis, MT, buggy, to gas cars, etc. Has a mix of driving skills but is mainly for fun although of course some interperon races get going which is fun! Sometimes more people show, sometimes less but it is fun and there is a hobby shop right there so if you need parts they may have it depending on what you need.

18706 State Highway 249
Houston, TX 77070

Old 03-17-2009, 08:29 AM

There used to be one called, http://www.bashingspots.com/ But I just checked it and the site no longer works.......
Old 03-17-2009, 10:53 PM

Update on SPOT #1. I was running my Stampede VXL there this morning. A guy came up to observe and said he has a Slash that he fixed up with a VXL set up. He said he actually made a race course in the area with the trees and there's a jump there. By now it's been overrun with dead leaves and twigs. But maybe one day, if i have the time, I'll clear it up and see how it goes.

I charged my battery pack in the break room and went to SPOT 2 after work before the day got dark. I really enjoyed it this time. There's an upper ground that ends in a foot high slope then goes down about 4 feet or so to a lower ground. At first I ran the Stampede hard to jump it down but it kept tumbling. So I learned to control the speed and let it catch air. It seems to glide through the air and place itself on its wheels on the lower ground. That's been pretty entertaining to watch. Even more so controlling it, rather than watching it on a youtube video. It's not a very spectacular jump to see by youtube RC video standards but I'm having fun.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:34 AM

There are a few local spots in the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_206/tt.htm]RC Regional Racers & Bashers [/link] forum, but most are tracks.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:47 AM

Oh I didn't even realize we had that forum here. There's so many forums that I must have missed it when looking through the main page.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RCU has a track locator:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...enue&type=cars

you can get to the link from the RC Community > People & Places menu here on rcu
Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 AM

Wow, thanks Marc. That certainly is a helpful link that I overlooked!

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-18-2009, 03:30 PM

That would be sweet!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Update on spot #2. I'm sure it's not likely someone from this forum will actually go there based on the info here. But just incase, I was there today and was asked by security to leave. He did the whole nice act saying he himself didn't have a problem but it was probably some old person(retirement community) or someone who called in a complaint. At least I got a good half hour at least of bashing in today.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:43 PM

Anyone know any good spots near Baltimore, Maryland?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:54 PM
My Feedback: (1)

during the off seasons you can run your cars at golf courses. its so much fun because it is so flat but they have big sandpits and stuff. i go to one just .25 mile behind my house during the weekend and going to hope to get out there later this summer when it is still light at 9:30pm-other wise there are too many old people