Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Lipo Charger help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:57 PM
sdp30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo Charger help

I need some lipo battery charger help. Im just getting into lipo technology but the chargers and balancers are confusing me. do they make chargers and balancers that come with there own power supply like a nimh charger? Can someone recommend a decent balancer/charger that wont cost an arm and a leg.
thanks
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Willystylz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lipo Charger help

what price range are you looking at? I just got into lipo myself a few weeks ago and i got a Hyperion charger/balancer from maxamps. Lipo confused the heck out of me before i got into it.........there seems to be no standard balance connector. The charger I have is the Hyperion EOS0606i and has a built in power supply. Plus for the Hyperion chargers they have balancer adapters for pretty much every lipo battery out there. Needless to say i'm very happy and impressed with my charger so far.

I hear a lot of good things about the Duratrax Onyx 230.........it has built in power supply (but no balancer). Even with the balancer it would be a little cheaper than my Hyperion charger.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41762.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1170185