Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Travelling on plane with truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:33 PM
bsharding1982
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Travelling on plane with truck?

Hey, I am going on a short trip this weekend and thought it would be cool if I could bring my 1/18 Rammunition. Anyone packed their truck or anything? I know I would probably have to have it in my checked bag, but didn't know if they would take it or anything.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Travelling on plane with truck?

Do a search. This has been discussed before, but unfortunately I can't remember what people who had done it were saying. I believe you can bring the truck and batteries with you in your carry on, but the radio needs to be checked. However, it was a while ago we talked about this so I can't guarnatee that is the right thing to do.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Spiro

I have flown with a Kyosho DBX as carryon a few times. Quite a bit larger than a Rammunition, so I would think the 1/18th should be ok. Your mileage may vary of course!

I took a normal sized carry on roller bag that I knew fit into standard overhead bins without problem. I was able to put the car in there, a parts organizer full of lots of spares, batteries, radio, chargers, tools, etc. Pretty much everything but fuel, which I just got locally at my destination. Each time they hand checked the bag when it went through the metal detector. I was worried they would give me trouble about the tools being long pointy objects, but they looked at them and didn't have any questions. They did wonder about the collapsible antenna for the TX once, but once they inspected it and saw what it was there was no problem. I would recomend removing the batteries from everything including TX, so it is clear there is no chance it could accidentally turn on or anything.

I would think you should be ok with the car, TX, spares, and related equipment in a carryon. I do worry about the tools, so you might want to check those if anything. Packed well in some clothes, I don't think the tossers could screw up a screw driver too much The car and TX I would want to carry on for sure though.

For what it is worth,
Spiro
Old 04-09-2009, 06:17 PM
traxxaspede

I was just wondering that last night...Make sure that if you have LiPo batteries that they would be ok.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
bsharding1982

After I have thought about it, I think I'll just got without. I'm only going to be gone Friday to Sunday. I usually get stopped enough with my diabetes supplies, plus I have to bring my laptop. I don't think the airline would want a weeping man on the plane because they took away his truck
Old 04-10-2009, 02:21 PM
arcarle

ORIGINAL: bsharding1982

After I have thought about it, I think I'll just got without. I'm only going to be gone Friday to Sunday. I usually get stopped enough with my diabetes supplies, plus I have to bring my laptop. I don't think the airline would want a weeping man on the plane because they took away his truck
LOL I can picture that too. I would be pis>mad<sed. ring ...ring...ring...Mom I'm not coming to visit they wont let me bring my truck sniff sniff
Old 04-10-2009, 04:09 PM
bsharding1982

So, I get here and I am right on the beach. First thing I think is it would be awesome to run my rammunition out there Oh well probably won't have time anyway.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:47 PM
smokey091

hey buddy i work for an airline ( southwest ) it will be ok for u to take your car just as long as it is eletric gas/nitro is a most def no-go just clean it with air just nuntin elese denature alchol might set the alarm off so just clean it real good batteries and charger will most def have to be check in.// chec the web site that u are flying out on they will def give u a answer i am almost 100% sure you should be able to take it i plan on taking mine with me to phx in june