Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What about Red Cats ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:02 PM
sdp30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about Red Cats ????

See a lot of adds on here for red cat cars and trucks and truggys. Are these things decent bashers or are they cheap and break easy?
Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 01:21 PM
derrick05

Default RE: What about Red Cats ????

What about Redcats? Your question is too simple[X(] Thats like asking,What about Pepsi? Some will like it, and some will hate it[X(] What you need to do, before you get a war started is use the search function at the top righthand corner of this page and search Redcat[>:] Yes RCU has a Redcat forum,search it,find out the pros and cons,fixes and upgrades for Redcats and make YOUR OWN decision about them rather than throwing out a powderkeg question
Old 04-14-2009, 01:44 PM
dar123

ORIGINAL: derrick05

What about Redcats? Your question is too simple[X(] Thats like asking,What about Pepsi? Some will like it, and some will hate it[X(] What you need to do, before you get a war started is use the search function at the top righthand corner of this page and search Redcat[>:] Yes RCU has a Redcat forum,search it,find out the pros and cons,fixes and upgrades for Redcats and make YOUR OWN decision about them rather than throwing out a powderkeg question
well said.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:50 PM
scoobs92

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not as easy to get parts for them as it is for brands like traxxas hpi losi etc
Old 04-14-2009, 03:16 PM
sdp30

Thanks scoob as for you other 2 i thought this was a forum for questions its not my fault everyone wants to start wars over simple questions i think it has a lot to do with the young guys on here that only love losi and AE.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:20 PM
sdp30

by the way ever try using the search engine on here it finds everything except what you want to know about.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:38 PM
04DarkShadowGT

I have had a couple in the past, tried the nitro first. Back then they were $99 for a 1/10 scale 4wd RTR nitro buggy. For the $$ it was a solid value, but it was not very durable. Shock towers would literally bend going over curbs. Not head into curbs, but just the ones on the end of a driveway my mini t can handle going over. The replacement upgaded tower were almost as much as the orignal price. I just sold it

I then tried one of the electric versions when they were running a sale. Again it was like $99 for a rtr 4wd truck. The esc blew on me in the first run, I also blew out a duratrax esc because you cant gear it down. The radios were pretty crappy.

They arent bad trucks, but just not as nice as some of the others like HPI, Traxxas, Losi, AE, etc. I wouldnt buy another one at this point but others love them.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:54 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: sdp30

Thanks scoob as for you other 2 i thought this was a forum for questions its not my fault everyone wants to start wars over simple questions i think it has a lot to do with the young guys on here that only love losi and AE.
Derrick didnt mean to come out on you so hard like that, its just that there have been massive arguments and flame wars over HSP RCs (Redcats RCs included), and that is what he meant by a powder keg.

I personally say get an RC for which your local RC store carries parts for, even if you have to spend a bit more. The first and foremost is parts availability and custmer service. HPI, Losi, Associated, and especailly Traxxas have very good CS. And parts for these RCs are in virtually every RC store. Additionally, there are hundreds of hopups and aftermarket upgrades for these RCs. HSP RCs, for parts, require you to order from online and mail. And there are not as many hop-ups for HSPs as there are for Traxxas, HPI, Losi, and AE.

But if you choose HSP RCs, then Redcat would be the best one to buy from, their customer service will help you with every single problem you encounter. Himoto is also another good HSP reseller, they too have very good customer service. The third HSP reseller, Exceed, I personally from my own opinion do not recommend them. From what I have seen of Exceed, they do not take care of their custromers like Redcat or Himoto. They are not as good as Himoto or Redcat. If you dont believe me, check out each of the HSP reseller forums and judge for yourself which ones are the good resellers and which one is sub-par. You will see more very happy Redcat and Himoto owners and you will see more unhappy Exceed owners. Check out their forums and you will see for yourself.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 PM
airmayle

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: sdp30

Derrick didnt mean to come out on you so hard like that, its just that there have been massive arguments and flame wars over HSP RCs (Redcats RCs included), and that is what he meant by a powder keg.

I personally say get an RC for which your local RC store carries parts for, even if you have to spend a bit more. The first and foremost is parts availability and custmer service. HPI, Losi, Associated, and especailly Traxxas have very good CS. And parts for these RCs are in virtually every RC store. Additionally, there are hundreds of hopups and aftermarket upgrades for these RCs. HSP RCs, for parts, require you to order from online and mail. And there are not as many hop-ups for HSPs as there are for Traxxas, HPI, Losi, and AE.

But if you choose HSP RCs, then Redcat would be the best one to buy from, their customer service will help you with every single problem you encounter. Himoto is also another good HSP reseller, they too have very good customer service. The third HSP reseller, Exceed, I personally from my own opinion do not recommend them. From what I have seen of Exceed, they do not take care of their custromers like Redcat or Himoto. They are not as good as Himoto or Redcat. If you dont believe me, check out each of the HSP reseller forums and judge for yourself which ones are the good resellers and which one is sub-par. You will see more very happy Redcat and Himoto owners and you will see more unhappy Exceed owners. Check out their forums and you will see for yourself.
I agree with SAVAGEJIM look at the local hobby shop and see what they have. Stay away from Exceed because I have one and the company is not that good. If you go with a HSP go with a company that has good customer service.