Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:16 PM
motoxskp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Monster Truck

Volcano SV................JUSTKIDDINGGUYS................. .....Really HPISAVAGEALLTHEWAY
Old 06-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Cheesewaffle

Dudeman i would stay away from the maxx's unless youre willing to fork up the cash for a parts stockpile
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Hibityhupla!

ORIGINAL: samguan

1. Savage
2. Revo(More of truggy)
since when did the revo become a truggy? i have a t-maxx and revo...my revo holds up much better then the t-maxx hands down...i went from a trx 3.3 to a sts.30 to the novak brushless set....the new e-revo does look lower but could be easily fixed with different push rods and rocker arms...i can jump my revo for weeks straight without any breaks too...i did swap for the rpm parts when i first bought it though...was doing 7ft back flips all day until i ran out of batteries...its not a crap truck as some say....the only other truck i own is an old redcat....dont really recommendthe redcatfor bashing..that old thing jumps like a brick..lol
Old 06-16-2009, 02:30 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

As you can see, everybody has different opinions as to what you should get and what you shouldn't. But, no matter what you get, you won't be disappointed. If you enjoy working on the trucks as much as running them, then it doesn't matter a bit, just get what your gut (or wife) tells you to get. The MGT 4.6 would get my vote out of all listed, as long as price isn't much of a concern. It's better to stay away from used trucks, but I found an MGT 4.6SE on Craiglist for $200. Bet I can flash him $150 and walk away with the truck. Money talks, Heehee Heck, in this economy, money YELLS!!!

Grab the wife, go get the stinkin trucks and get to bashin! It's way more fun than being on the 'puter.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:37 PM
AMOUREDTANK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sugafree- Thank you for the clarification on the aftershock LOL. And all the addtl information

Damo- Thank you. couldn't get the link to work though.

Rcnitrohead- Thank you and Damo for the choice between 4.6 an 8.0 very helpful. Also for the information on the Savage. At this point that is the kind of infrmation I am looking for at this point. What you have actually experienced with the car and any faults that any of them may have.

Teacher- Thank you for your information.

Derigor- Thank you for your information! I have not looked to much into that truck. I will take a look at it. Does it come RTR like the stampede? If not it's not worth it.

Tiger- Thank you for your input.

Moto- Thank you for your input.

Cheesewaffle- I don't know if you've read all the posts but the Maxx's didn't make the final list. Though thank you for your concern.

Larryf.- Haha Thank you for all the info. I know it would be more fun to be out bashing. Most of the time I spend on here is when I am at work and can't be bashing though LOL. I am still a few months away from buying them. I will take al the information I get and compare to my research for the final decision.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:49 PM
AMOUREDTANK

I first of all want to thank everyone for your input. I don't mean to be rude, but if anyone else has something to say about the stampede post elsewhere. I have done the research and I know it's a good truck for the price and category. Now if you have information like Derigor feel free to express. Though really my mind is pretty much set on the electric truck. I really don't need any more information on the electrics. The electric truck is only on the list in case my wife doesn't want a nitro. Which I don't see any reason she wouldn't.

1.) HPI Savage 4.6 X
2.) AE MGT 4.60
3.) Losi Aftershock

So from now on the kind of posts that I am looking for are as follows:
Personal experience
Knowledge of defects
Quality of build
Knowledge of hop-ups
Knowledge of part availability
Places you've seen it for sale and Price
Websites with information or parts
And any other things of this nature.

Though I enjoy reading your opinions. I am past the point of opinions and really don't feel like reading through arguments to get to the facts.. What I need now if factual information on the NITRO MT's LISTED ABOVE. Thank you all once again!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've owned all three of the nitro trucks you mentioned, and they're all great. Of all of them I'd choose the Savage, because it has the most aftermarket parts support and stuff is available at pretty much any hobby shop. The MGT is probably the simplest to work on, but the others aren't hard either. The aftershock seems to be a bit dated in terms of parts availability, I haven't seen much stuff at hobby shops lately. The Savage is around $450 most places, MGT is $399 at tower, and the Aftershock goes for around $360 most of the time.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Sugafree

The Aftershocks  $334.99 at A main and Every Hop up made for the LST2 XXL will fit it.....So I'm not sure where your getting the " dated in terms of parts availability"  and It's  the Easyest Truck to work on Period........
Old 06-16-2009, 07:28 PM
egyptsean
My Feedback: (1)

if you don't want the problems of nitro or the cost of gas (large scale) then stick with electric. mostley it depends on what you want to spend...i would stick with traxxas or hpi. example....traxxas stampede is durable but cheap in cost, parts are easily accessable online or local.about $300 including battery and charger (150 for the truck) you want longer run time spend more on a better battery etc if you want speed add at least another $100 on top of original price for a brushless motor. (vxl version of truck or momba brushless system) and...even more to max out speed with a lipo battery. the rustler bandit and stampede all come in vxl or the xl5 waterproof...the stampede will have more body options for you. if you go to a bigger truck...aka emaxx erevo savage or savage flux then you looking at 350 to 600 just for the truck. plus 2 batteries for the truck min of $30 each (go up in cost for longer run time) but you have even a bigger selection of bodies and you get 4 wheel drive. can always add a brushless motor later if you don't want to spend the cash upfront. the slash is a great buy for the money....very durable and you can modify it anyway you want. (not to mention how easy it is to find parts if you do break something. if you are looking for versatility then i would reccomend the summit....of course the truck is about $500 itself top speed is bout 25 depending on your battery but as with everything else you can upgrade to brushless later. i have had many of these trucks through the years and some i didn't mention but for the most part i love traxxas and hpi! at the moment i have 2 stampedes (one is my wife's) an emax, a summit, and a slash. i would say that aside from my hpi baja rs4s i used to have, these are the most reliable trucks i have had....oh yeah also not counting my xtm 1/6 gas buggy.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 PM
AMOUREDTANK

Sheograth- It's nice to hear information from you. Thanks for all thie information!

Sugafree- I'm not trying to argue or say you're wrong.. Just want to make sure no one else has that same issue.

Does anyone else have difficulty getting parts for the Aftershock or is Sugafree right? (parts for the xxl are universal with it)

Egyptsean- No offense but obviously you didn't bother to look at any other post on this thread!!! This is a NITRO monster truck discussion!!! And the trucks have already been picked!!! I am looking for factual information on the trucks I have picked. All you have done is take up a bunch of space with worthless information. I asked please not to post crap like this. If you don't want to read the rest of the thread Don't Post!!!!!

If you have factual information on
1.) HPI Savage 4.6 X
2.) AE MGT 4.60
3.) Losi Aftershock
Feel free to post it as referenced in my last post. If not please don't waste space and time posting things that have nothing to do with the topic.

Alsoegyptsean since you don't read anything else here's the post you should have read!!!
ORIGINAL: AMOUREDTANK

Though I enjoy reading your opinions. I am past the point of opinions and really don't feel like reading through arguments to get to the facts.. What I need now is factual information on the NITRO MT's LISTED ABOVE. Thank you all once again!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:09 PM
AMOUREDTANK

Also since I am so new to nitro. What are the most common things you need to buy? What things need replaced often? What kind of tools will I need? Does anyone have any websites or things I can read to get a better knowledge on Nitros and the name of parts and their functions.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:33 PM
f575gtc

glow plugs

you can get a glowplug/wheel nut wrench like this http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...g-Wheel-Wrench

with nitros DONTFORGETTOCHARGEYOURGLOWIGNITOR!! you cant believe how many times I used to go to bahs or to the track all happy and went to fire up the engine and the glow plug was dead.

the best ones to get are changable battery ones like a AA battery glow ignitor coupled with a rechargable high mah AA battery and you have a care free glow plug.

also with nitros either add a throttle return spring or use a radio system that has a built in fail safe. nothing is worse than having no controll of a engine reving down the streets, trust me you cant run at 40mph after it, I have tried
Old 06-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Pecanpatch

If ya wanna bash get a Savage.....

If ya wanna Race, get a REVO roller...... Put an O.S. .21 TM in it......
Run it 280°
Use Bow tie tires for general purpose conditions......
You'll eat Savages for lunch..... if they even show up.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 PM
f575gtc

yea thats whyI offered him my revo .18tm at a good price revos are great racers and better than average bashers.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Airbus 9e

Sheograth- It's nice to hear information from you. Thanks for all thie information!

Sugafree- I'm not trying to argue or say you're wrong.. Just want to make sure no one else has that same issue.

Does anyone else have difficulty getting parts for the Aftershock or is Sugafree right? (parts for the xxl are universal with it)

Egyptsean- No offense but obviously you didn't bother to look at any other post on this thread!!! This is a NITRO monster truck discussion!!! And the trucks have already been picked!!! I am looking for factual information on the trucks I have picked. All you have done is take up a bunch of space with worthless information. I asked please not to post crap like this. If you don't want to read the rest of the thread Don't Post!!!!!

If you have factual information on
1.) HPI Savage 4.6 X
2.) AE MGT 4.60
3.) Losi Aftershock
Feel free to post it as referenced in my last post. If not please don't waste space and time posting things that have nothing to do with the topic.

Alsoegyptsean since you don't read anything else here's the post you should have read!!!

Though I enjoy reading your opinions. I am past the point of opinions and really don't feel like reading through arguments to get to the facts.. What I need now is factual information on the NITRO MT's LISTED ABOVE. Thank you all once again!!!

Nearly any part for an LSTXXL is an upgrade part for an Aftershock...Losi trucks are good enough as they are that they don't need a ton of aftermarket stuff, which most of the time is just blingy junk anyway....

Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 AM
AMOUREDTANK

F575gtc- Thank you for the info and the link.

Pecanpatch- Thank you for the info but i dont want personal opinion. What factual information do you have? Thank you for the information on the REVO. I am not going to pick a truck because some one says its good. And I hate to keep repeateing myself I just want Facts. PLEASE

Aribus- Thank you for the FACTUAL information and for clearing that up.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Damo_MadTruck

Sugafree- Thank you for the clarification on the aftershock LOL. And all the addtl information

Damo- Thank you. couldn't get the link to work though.

Rcnitrohead- Thank you and Damo for the choice between 4.6 an 8.0 very helpful. Also for the information on the Savage. At this point that is the kind of infrmation I am looking for at this point. What you have actually experienced with the car and any faults that any of them may have.

Teacher- Thank you for your information.

Derigor- Thank you for your information! I have not looked to much into that truck. I will take a look at it. Does it come RTR like the stampede? If not it's not worth it.

Tiger- Thank you for your input.

Moto- Thank you for your input.

Cheesewaffle- I don't know if you've read all the posts but the Maxx's didn't make the final list. Though thank you for your concern.

Larryf.- Haha Thank you for all the info. I know it would be more fun to be out bashing. Most of the time I spend on here is when I am at work and can't be bashing though LOL. I am still a few months away from buying them. I will take al the information I get and compare to my research for the final decision.

Have another look at my post, the video should be on it.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:25 AM
AMOUREDTANK

Just making sure you know you can edit stuff out so you dont have to repost the whole convo. Hope that helps. Also thank you the video worked!

Old 06-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Combuster

i have owned savages since i think it was 01 when the savage 21 and the only thing i have broken out of all of my savages was  1 a-arm, 1 upright,  a few spur gears (user error), a fuel tank and 1 stock shock and 1 bent chassis plate. i think i am pretty tuff on these trucks and they surprisingly hold up extremely well considering the stuff i do. they are extremly easy to work on it only takes like less then five minutes to have a differential out of the truck, or the engine. if it were me i would get a savage.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:45 AM
AMOUREDTANK

Thank you sooo much I was beginning to lose hope I appreciate your input. That's exactly the kind of information I am looking for!! Ya, so far i've looked in more detail at the savage and at the mgt, I really like the way the savage is built. Still have to look up the Losi which is what I am doing now.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 AM
AMOUREDTANK

I am not sure which setup is better, the AE and HPI setup with 8 shocks or the Losi setup up with 4... But I really like the looks of the 4 shock setup way better. I really need to find a shop that carries all three of the models and I don't think either of my 2 shops do. Arrg!! I need to be able to handle them all and compare before I buy but I don't have a clue where the closest shop that would stock them all is.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:55 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frankly you'll enjoy whichever one you get.. It's not worth getting an ulcer deciding between them.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Damo_MadTruck

I am not sure which setup is better, the AE and HPI setup with 8 shocks or the Losi setup up with 4... ButI really like the looks of the 4 shock setup way better. I really need to find a shop that carries all three of the models and I don't think either of my 2 shops do. Arrg!! I need to be able to handle them all and compare before I buy but I don't have a clue where the closest shop that would stock them all is.

You can put losi shocks on a savage:

Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 AM
f575gtc

just remember, more shocks = more maintance and more to rebuild.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Airbus 9e

Another nice thing with the Losi trucks is how open the chassis is. t makes it very easy to do regular service and repair. The M26SS motor on my truck has been pretty strong so far. Another upgrade you'll want to make is to install the LST2 throttle/brake linkage on an Aftershock. The stopck setup is'nt the best, but it's only about a $6 upgrade....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.