Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

120+ mph crash aftermath

Old 07-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 120+ mph crash aftermath

Well... Ill post this video again to show what a head on crash will do. You never know he could of blew a tire slammed into a wall came to a stop then blew up. You never know.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyCTDsoe9d4[/youtube]
Old 07-15-2009, 02:58 AM
TIGER76

[X(] wow @ that vid tim thats one way back to kit form right there lol
Shame cos to hit that speed you know alot of cash was spent out []
Old 07-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Access

ORIGINAL: overrev
He said he hit the fence pole,if this was true at that speed the car would be in piece and not just burnt up.
Probably, the battery was impaled by the bottom of one of the chain links as the car got pinned under the fence. You've seen those videos where a guy puts a nail through a LiPo, that's probably the sort of thing that happened here. The initial crash might not have been at 120mph, since it was coming from a turn-off.

The tricky part about a burning lipo is that as the fire is expanding to subsequent cells and each one causes a bit of an explosion as it ignites.

''everything was fine until the truck at the end of the video if you look closely you will see the headlights at the end of the video when i saw the truck i instinctively turned left and that was the first time with the softer tire it really turned there a chainlink fence and i hit one of the post the batteries burst into flames and the car was pinned under the fence and the wind was blowing the battery fire onto the car i finally got the batteries away from the car it was on fire by then my son ran and got a gatorade out of the cooler and we put it out.MAN THAT SUCKS!!!''
Old 07-15-2009, 10:34 AM
J.D.T

that 103 mph crash video is what you can count on with a high speed crashl, my old t3 looked like that hitting a fire hydrant at "only" 65-70, if you had a metal detecter you could still find pieces of it in the neighbors yard 3 years down the road. I salvaged the turnbuckles, thats about it.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Access

Yeah I remember that video. The worst I have ever done is hit a curb with a mini-T at ~40mph, broke the body into three pieces but I was glad b'cos all the electronics and the motor survived.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:00 PM
AMOUREDTANK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This reminds me of the carfax report commercials.>> Put it on ebay "RC car light smoke damage" LOL
Old 07-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Redvanmafia

That hit so hard, it exploded into peices!, Good job! ive never had rc car parts just blow off like that, maybe a shatterd a-arm and a nice roll, but never that intence