Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

taking a break from rc the second time in about 3 years!

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

taking a break from rc the second time in about 3 years!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:15 PM
ELK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default taking a break from rc the second time in about 3 years!

the only reason im doing this is because im playing football this year for my school and have no time to use them so ill be packing them up and leaving them with my cousin once again, and football is about $395 all together, $110 for registering, $85 for tee shirts shorts and practice jerseys, $100 for helmets and pads another $100 for game jerseys and game pants. hopefully i get my trucks back in one piece in December.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: taking a break from rc the second time in about 3 years!

Why not just put them in your closet so you know that they are safe and sound
Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 PM
ELK

the only thing with my t-maxx is im pretty new to nitro and he is the brains and i dont want the temptation to use them and skip practice and plus he will on use them to keep them running he has an xl, rs4, xxx-t mf1, xxx-nt and a stampede and soon to get a 5b, and the only thing about last time is some broke into his house and instead of taking the trucks they took parts off of them. these people must have been silent as heck cause his pit bulls would have went ape sh.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:00 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Traxxas Joe

the only thing with my t-maxx is im pretty new to nitro and he is the brains and i dont want the temptation to use them and skip practice and plus he will on use them to keep them running he has an xl, rs4, xxx-t mf1, xxx-nt and a stampede and soon to get a 5b, and the only thing about last time is some broke into his house and instead of taking the trucks they took parts off of them. these people must have been silent as heck cause his pit bulls would have went ape sh.
I'm sorry, I gotta call BS on the last part of that.
First off, no burgular breaks into a house and takes parts off of something that is as easy to carry as an rc or two.
Second, how do you dissassemble rc cars perfectly silently in the dark - much less with dogs in the house
Third, your cousin just happens to own 3 of the same rc's as you.

Now I don't know your cousin and they are your rc's to do with as you wish. BUT, If I were you and left them with him again, I'd be expecting another "break-in".
Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
ELK

first the bugalurs only knew the brushless systems were worth money not the trucks, second i ment to say pit bull not pit bulls and the trucks were in the basement and the dog was upstairs, third we dont own the same rc's i have rustler and t-maxx he has owns the rest. and lastly we went to his friends house for the day. so no one was home and the neighbors dont care about anything.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:24 PM
DaveG55

Whatever man, there your's to do with what you want., good luck.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:33 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sometimes it is good to take a break because when you come back, it's going to be fresh and you will enjoy RC even more. That is just my experience.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:38 PM
ELK

ORIGINAL: samguan

sometimes it is good to take a break because when you come back, it's going to be fresh and you will enjoy RC even more. That is just my experience.
thanks finally someone positive cause right now rc is gettin a little boring so i figured ill come back to it during the winter after football, and dave why would my cousin steal parts from my trucks if he paid for them himself after my mom cosigned with him for a car.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:16 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

i can tell you now if i was a burglar i would of robbed you blind of everything not just sit there and sit in someones basement for a good amount of time taking certain parts off trucks. just saying
Old 08-28-2009, 12:45 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Werd.. I dunno what dumb cat goes through the trouble of breaking in and not taking all the gold..
Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
ELK

they didnt take their time taking the parts they just broke the trucks apart, like the rear motor mount for the rustler was completely broken off