Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How do you Deanodize

Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you Deanodize

i want to Deanodize my purple rs4 chassis cause I cant stand Purple. How do i do this.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: How do you Deanodize

I have heard that spraying the part with oven cleaner and then cleaning/buffiny it with steel wool will do it. I don't know from experience though and I'd be VERY careful with the oven cleaner. It's a very caustic substance.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:30 PM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvxMJ5_WZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvxMJ5_WZE[/link]
Old 08-31-2009, 03:36 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

I used Easy Off oven cleaner before, worked just okay. But color will be inconsistent dull gray, hence needs buffing. Dont let it sit for too long, cause it will start to eat up the aluminum, and cause some pitting.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:53 PM
J.D.T

use Greased Lightning cleaner, you can get it at walgreens as well as other places, I took the HPI purple coating off many parts in the past, this stuff is cheap and non caustic like the oven cleaner and lye stripping. I will never use anything else ever again. Some people acted like it bugged their skin if handled directly but I must be more manly as I never had any issues touching it bare handed or even submersing my hand in it while rubbing hard to get areas clean
Old 09-02-2009, 10:33 PM
mindwreck

oven cleaning method works. i've used carb cleaner by accident once and that also stripped the anodizing off parts.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 PM
calvino

I use some "awesome green" stuff from the dollar store. Let my parts soak in it and "wow" it really removed the anodizing. It also isnt as stupid caustic as oven cleaner. Ever try electroplating the anodizing to a scrap metal piece [&:]
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 PM
So Cal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used greased lightning for the small parts of my baja 5b, and ez off oven cleaner for the main chassis. Worked great.