Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Mamba Max doing over 100k rpm.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM
gonggongboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mamba Max doing over 100k rpm.

I've been planning on doing a 100+ mph Car. Im planning on making my own aerodynamic body get a nice on road chassis. Then making my a extended chassis for it. Ive heard of some guys in the drag forums putting there mambas over 100k and some even over 150k. Im only gunna use thing for straight line speed runs.

My other option for a motor is a feigao doing over 100k rpm but i dont think those motors will do it for me. Also neu and lehners are out of the guestion. Im not willing to pay that much for a leisure speeed car.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Access

Default RE: Mamba Max doing over 100k rpm.

The main problem is reliability. It might get up to 100,000rpm on one run, but you never know if the rotor is going to explode. Then it is money down the drain to replace the rotor or maybe even the whole motor (an exploding rotor can damage the internals). Likewise, if a neodynium magnet seperates from the rotor, it can stick to the internals of the motor so strongly that it is impossible to remove. This also ruins your motor. You blow through three motors and you've probably spent as much as a Neu costs, so go figure.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:44 PM
gonggongboy

Ive seen a few guys that have gotten there cars over 100+mph, they get a motor with a fair gap between the rotor and the mags and wrap the motor in kevlar to keep them together at those rpms i might do that if theres room.

Basicaly you wrap it around 1 time then sew it with kevlar string
Then you epoxy it.
This creates a shell that holds it to together.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:36 PM
zjwhitrock

ORIGINAL: gonggongboy

Ive seen a few guys that have gotten there cars over 100+mph, they get a motor with a fair gap between the rotor and the mags and wrap the motor in kevlar to keep them together at those rpms i might do that if theres room.

Basicaly you wrap it around 1 time then sew it with kevlar string
Then you epoxy it.
This creates a shell that holds it to together.
then BALANCE IT!!!