Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

The Official Things That Pi$$ You off About R/C Thread!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The Official Things That Pi$$ You off About R/C Thread!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 04:45 AM
Rex2342

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Official Things That Pi$$ You off About R/C Thread!!!!!!

I'm bored and it's 1:35 am so I 'm gonna start by stating what really pi$$'s me off about R/C so here goes....

1:Cracking your newly painted body
2:The fact that my invincible Savage is down because of a little 90 cent screw that keeps the front center axle in place.
3:Getting Finger prints on my decals before I put them on even when I use the tweesers or my X-acto knife.
4ead batteries no matter how often you charge them they'll still go dead at just the wrong moment.
5:Now this is the ultimate thing that pi$$'s me off......E-Clips I HATE THOSE $#@!%$@ E-CLIPS!!!!!! LOL
Old 07-04-2003, 05:07 AM
mrbonk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, here goes (some of this applies to flying, but most of it's just as bad no matter what part of R/C you're involved in):

1. The fact that the word 'hobby' seems to mean 'add a mark-up of 1000% to this item....even if it *is* only a 1" piece of silicon tube that can be bought at any hardware shop for 10 cents'.
2. Hobby shop owners who have an unwaivering belief in point 1.
3. Having your cat decide to sharpen his claws/teeth on the wing you've just spent 2 days framing up.
4. Arriving at the field/track, only to discover that your transmitter/fuel/starter battery/<insert other random critical item here> is still on the bench at home.
5. Falling victim to point 4 and having just driven more than an hour to get to the field/track.
6. Buying a huge set of expensive, drill-stock allen keys, specifically so you can get the one particular size you need for transmission adjustment, and realising (on race day, right before heat #1) that it's not actually in the set. (Don't ask me how I know about this one.....)
7. The fact that the only tires you can buy that have enough grip cost 10 times as much as the cheaper ones and last 1/4 as long.

There's plenty more....but that'll do for starters
Old 07-04-2003, 11:44 AM
RS4RACER

! body clips digging out my windsheild and body and scratching it
2 oil dipping all over my legs and in the car
3 car busting every time I drive it
4 plane being destroyed every time I fly it
5 engine dieing in the middle of a heat
6 getting lacerated with an X acto knife
7 car wont start
8 body flying off during a race
9 you put 2 feet of fuel tubing on but car flips and shuts off
imediatley
10 buying your first car then learning it was on sale for $100 less the very next day
11 when you see the tropy girls with the trophy coming, then they walk by and hand it to (fill in the blank)
Old 07-04-2003, 04:53 PM
Rex2342

6:This really pi$$ed me off when it happened....I learned the little about putting zip ties on your cooling head to keep it from getting scratched and thought hmmm....thats a good idea so I put them on my 8port head went outside for a little bashing and.....first thing it did was wheelie,flip over,break the zip ties and scratch my head.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:16 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

The number one thing that rel gets me going is kids at shcool looking at me like Im a nerd for looking at a RC magazine. They tell me that cant believe I spent so much money on a toy. I swear, one day im gunna stand up and punch a kid for this........
Old 07-04-2003, 05:16 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

#1 the cost ....for kids my ass

#2 not having something in stock...im waiting 3 weeks for stickers

#3 not having the right tool for the job

#4 getting impatient while painting and messing it up

#5 nitro exhaust in the eyes

#6 the fact that everyone else is having fun while im in the pits

#7 when you want to sell someting people want it for free

#8 rc forums/ebay/computers ....between work/rc/computer my girlfriend is about to kill me for no going to see The Hulk with her.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Me+RC=$$$
My Feedback: (1)

1-Finding part 1, of a 2 part set, putting it where you won't forget it, finding part 2, then not remebering where you put part one.
2-THE COST!
3-Fixing something, then the next run breaking something else
4-Not having money
The number one thing that rel gets me going is kids at shcool looking at me like Im a nerd for looking at a RC magazine. They tell me that cant believe I spent so much money on a toy. I swear, one day im gunna stand up and punch a kid for this........
I did that already, the dude got on my nerves (funny thing is, at the fight, someone was driving there Nitro MT down the street)
Old 07-04-2003, 07:28 PM
rcharry-RCU

Heres mine.
1. Your lhs guy tell you your parts will be in tommarow,.....but thats the same thing he said 2 weeks ago.
2. Tires that are 20 times smaller last 1/100 of the time than real tires but cost the same!
3. Always spend over $50 at me lhs!
4. CA GLUE SUX!!!
5. did i mention CA glue SUX!
6. Not having an air compressor.
7. My front suspension mounts!

Nobody cares that im in r/c, when they say its stupid. I bust out my buggy and beat them in there POS car. HAHA
Old 07-05-2003, 01:50 AM
real468

Default Jealous

I though i was the only one that had friends who though rc was stupid. Anyhow heres the funny thing, whenever they see them they always stand and watch, or ask can i drive it can i try it. ( Or even at races or events They ALWAYS draw large crowds or people just watching.) 2 days later there ready to tell you how stupid it is. I dont pay anymind to them though I think most people that say RC is stupid prolly just mad they cant afford to run one or dont have the competency to do so.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:50 AM
Me+RC=$$$

True True. Well, this dude did other stuff, but we won't go into detail. I left another thing out...
-Going to McDonalds drive through, getting home/hotel, then finding out they screwed up your order. Hate that, go somewhere to get something 'quick' cuz you have to get up early, then they screw it up .
Old 07-05-2003, 06:16 AM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

What I really hate? When you spend a week or two waiting for a backordered part to arrive, when it finally does arrive you put your truck back together and take it out for a run only to break a new part within minutes and you're down again.

Someone asked me what spares they should buy for their new truck...I said just buy another complete truck and keep it handy.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:27 AM
Rex2342

7:The fact that my LHS has to order the 90cent screw to make my truck 4wheel drive again
8:Everytime I go to the Hobby shop I come home with at least 100$ worth of stuff including a new Body even though I havn't run the last body I painted yet...lol
Old 07-05-2003, 11:32 AM
RS4RACER

12- paying 40 bucks for a body that just gets wrecked right away
13-ripping the pullstarter off and having to buy a new part for it
14-car running away when you just put a new failsafe in it(happened to me)
15-around where I live, everyone has an RC but they wont race. they're all "I dont want to break something"or "I dont know how"
16-jumping the truck then breaking the suspension
17- like rcharry said, not having a compressor. it sucks to have to pay 200 bucks for an air compressor.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:28 PM
volsstd

Originally posted by packfan88

#5 nitro exhaust in the eyes

How do you do that?
Looking at a car OK, but that close isn't nessacery (yes that worth is probably wrong). LOL

keep distance

GreeTz
Ben
Old 07-05-2003, 02:44 PM
real468

What is so good about an air compressor? i have one, but i dont see the advantage. what should i be using it for? in terms of rc
Old 07-05-2003, 03:07 PM
Me+RC=$$$

Yea, I have an air compressor too, I mean it comes in handy when you want to clean off your car or something, and even that is bad for your car because all the dirt gets packed in the bearings, what am I missing out?
Old 07-05-2003, 03:17 PM
Kuma

1. fixing one thing and having something else break on your next run.
2. fumes in the eyes (while tuning the motor!)
3. having a motor fry up a plug more often than you'd want
4. figuring out where the heck that air leak is
5. not being able to race the monster trucks on race day due to others having problems with their MTs
6. of course, the cost!
Old 07-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Kuma

About the air compressor, most RC cars comes with sealed bearings so it shouldn't matter, I use my air compressor to blow off all the loose dirt and even WD-40'd dirt and works like a charm.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:20 PM
austinclose

air compressors clean off ur car to clean off electronics so there r no worryies about frying themwith water

and i have to go for rear a arm holders i break those things so much i finally got a 30$ meatal 1 then forgetting 2 lock tight all the srews in it so ur just f*cked
Old 07-05-2003, 03:42 PM
1stPlaceRace

As far as a air compressor goes you can get a 2 gallon one at walmart for $80 and it works awesome. Even comes with a pressure regulator and works awesome for airbrushing ( I have painted over 400 bodies with my $80 walmart unit.
As far as things I hate....
Painting a new lexan body for a customer and realizing the lexan has a crack, bubble,crease or other flaw. ( 30 % of bodies are flawed from my experience.)

getting a new engine that is not tuned to start out of the box

false peaks

building a huge race leagal offroad track, buying a laptop and timer program, and nobody wants to race,

allen head screws

foam inserts packing up, making your rear tires wobble like fat sweatty betty at a stip club

etc. etc.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Me+RC=$$$

Yea, I've noticed that most of the bodies I buy are flawed. I use the compressor to blow off my cars too, and it does come in handy when you have off-road stuff. Usually I take the electronics out and spray the car/truck down with wd-40, make sure I blow it ALL off, then let it sit in my room for a couple of days. Man, 1st place, you should move down to the north side of az and open an off-road and possibly on road track, you would make a KILLING and always have customers. I know if you had an on-road track you would have at least 7 people there to race (me and my buddies) every week along with many other people. The nearest track to my house is over an hour away. If you ever consider moving though, bring your counting system and move to az
Old 07-05-2003, 04:54 PM
rcharry-RCU

One more thing that pisses me off. when racing you put in a new glow plug right before the main..........then it dies!!! A $6 glow plug never used,, DEAD!!! oh and having a stupid pit guy. in this case my step dad. Im training him though!!
Old 07-05-2003, 05:25 PM
MyMonkey

1: When your on the driver stand and you hear "Drivers, on the tone..." Only to notice that your freakin engine died and your pit guy has his thumb in his nose.

2: you inform the LHS of the part number you need and exact specifications of the part you need only to find out that the part he sold you was the wrong dadgum part.

3: The above mentioned LHS owner tries to be a jerk about "Returning" something even though it was his fault.

4: The day prior to water proofing your RC car you hit a puddle and fry all your electronics. Geez.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:26 PM
1stPlaceRace

Man I have FREE Races and nobody is interested, I dont want to make money, I want to RACE! My sister in law just moved to arizona (tempe area) so you never know, Stan www.1stplacerace.com
Old 07-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Me+RC=$$$

Thats so awesome. You would have no problem getting a crowd, especially having a FREE entree fee. The nearest track to me is SRS (forever away), and they charge a $10 entree fee! It's not that expensive, but $10 every week adds up, but if you do move out here, you GOTTA tell me and I'll help spread the word. Glad to see there are people out there that don't give a ***** about the money and just wanna race. There really is nothing like you and a bunch of other guys going at it all at once!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.