Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

my shell keeps flipping my chassi over.

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

my shell keeps flipping my chassi over.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:47 PM
cannouu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my shell keeps flipping my chassi over.

i have a nitro 3 18ss. i have a integra type r body, no wing. first time using it i didn't hav any holes, i crashed then put big ventilation holes on thepassenger side. everytime i use the body it gets out of control easier, i seem to spin out more on turns, and seem to flip over at high speeds. im getting so frustrated!

Old 11-24-2009, 05:32 PM
butt_housed247

Default RE: my shell keeps flipping my chassi over.

air is getting inside and causing lift.  try putting holes in the back bumper so the air can escape.  or if all else fails put a wing on it.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 AM
ugglasdav

with no wing you are not getting any down force and can cause your car to handle very bad. i have had the same problem my self and seen other people have the same problem. so maybe invest in a wing and your handling will be much better
Old 11-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Suprachrgd82

A few fixes;

1) You undoubtedly need a wing. If you don't like the look, put in on without painting, or cut a strip of a 2-liter soda bottle to mount on the rear (keeps it low and inconspicuous).

2) cut the rear window larger to allow more air out. This will not pressurize the inside of the body and create lift.

3) Add some camber. A good (general) starting point is 1* negative at all 4 wheels. The top of each tire sould tilt slightly inwards.

4) Springs are too soft. Add stiffer springs, or a few spacers. It will slide more, rather than flip. (For too l ittle traction, soften springs)

5) My favorite: Protoform's Lola 200mm body. Ridiculous downforce, awesome aerodynamics.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Duck tape works WONDERS!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:52 PM
cannouu

alright, well im starting a new project car and i want a all new body. from hpi what is the best one, currently looking at the lamborghini  gallardo. i have a new ford gt body laying around, i was thinking to sell it but is it good? i want to find a honda.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Suprachrgd82

From HPI, the Gallardo is a great choice. The Stiletto, Elise, 911, GT40, NSX, Pantera, C6 VetteSupra GT, CLK, or Countach are also great. The Stiletto would be the best choice from HPI for aeros. Look for a body with a low nose, slanted hood and windshield, and a large wing. This will give you good front and rear downforce at speed.