Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Causes of unbinding radio?

Old 12-26-2009, 08:07 PM
katzcratch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Causes of unbinding radio?

Ihave had a recent prob with a mamba where when Iturn on the radio then the car, it will go 2 ft then wont function. If Iturn it off and on it does the same thing.
Then If I go through the process of rebinding to the radio, it works fine.
Any ideas on what could cause this to happen? I mean Iswithc between nimh and lipo, but Idont think that should matter?
thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Causes of unbinding radio?

If the radio isn't binded, it won't work with your receiver at all.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Access

Always turn the transmitter on first, then the receiver.
Unless you left the bind plug in the receiver, can't think of any reason why it would lose the binding. Maybe the flash memory in the receiver is giving out, see if you can return it and get a new one.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:39 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I have a Futaba FASST 2.4GHz radio system. I have never lost binding for any reason; be it I turned off the TX first and left the rX on, or turned on the RX before the TX, or from countless low batts, or bumps, hits, and even a couple of crashes that would total a 10th scale RC (I'm talking about forces that would literally shatter a 10th scale and send pieces flying everywhere).

Which radio system are you using? If you are using a off-brand radio, it is possible that the reduced quality might be an issue and it is a defect from the factory. You should send in the radio set for a warranty and hav it either fixed or replaced.

Granted, even a Futaba might become susceptible to this, but Futaba has very strict quaility control that it is much rarer in their radios.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Access

The bind code is almost certainly stored in some type of NVRAM (non-volatile Random Access Memory) and it can happen that this tests fine at the factory and goes bad at some point in the life of the product. Just deal with the shop / manufacturer and see if you can send it back for a new one.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:58 AM
katzcratch

its a redcat, that i bought on ebay...
Is there a way to tell if its the receiver or the rdio? I guess if I buy a new one radio, i should get a new reciever as well.
if its unbound would it workat all? I used that term but wasnt sure.
it literally will go 5 ft then not respond. If i turn it off and on again it does the same thing, untill i go through the rebinding process, by hlding the throttle...
I guess I should just order a new radio and receiver, cant hurt to have another....
thamks