Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

2x4?

Old 12-27-2009, 02:15 PM
BigTb17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2x4?

Just curious about something. Lately I've seen a huge number of people refering to the 2WD Slash, as well as many other 2WD vehicles as 2x4s. There are a couple reasons I noticed this. The first reason is because until the recent release of the 4x4 (4WD) Slash I've never seen the term 2x4 used on these forums. But lately it's everywhere. Everybody seems to be using it. Just curious if the 4x4 Slash is the reason, or something else.

The other reason is silly, but it stands out to me anyway. Technically it's 4x2, not 2x4. The first number is the number of wheels (4 in most cases) and the second number is the number that are powered (4x2 = 4 wheels, driven by 2 of them). So to me, 2x4 just sounds strange because it's like saying 2 wheels, driven by 4. Don't get me wrong, I don't care, and I understand what people mean. I don't really have a problem with it. Just wondering why it has suddenly become so prevalent when I never saw that used on here until recently, and it's used all over the place now.

I probably sound like a picky jerk, but just to be clear I really don't care. Go ahead and use the terms you want to use, it doesn't actually bother me. Live and let live. I just noticed the sudden use of the term.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:17 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2x4?

I agree, 2x4 is funky - 4x2 is the correct terminology. When I see 2x4 I think of lumber.

But yeah, live and let live. [&:]
Old 12-27-2009, 02:44 PM
OvalRacer99

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I agree, 2x4 is funky - 4x2 is the correct terminology. When I see 2x4 I think of lumber.

But yeah, live and let live. [&:]
Yeah, what he said, lumber. LOL

Old 12-27-2009, 03:03 PM
studysession

Lumber - I buy lots of lumber.[&:] Yeah 4x2.....
Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Merc4Stroke

Agreed... 4x2 A 2x4 is something you cut with a saw and screw or nail into place.

You know how you see pick up trucks with 4x4 stickers on the side of the box, between the rear wheels and tail lights? I saw one drive past me in a parking lot the other day that had a 4x2 sticker on it. Now, I live in Northern Wisconsin... A 4x2 is almost a must here... so why would a guy be proud of owning a 4x2? lol

Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 AM
BigTb17

ORIGINAL: Merc4Stroke

Agreed... 4x2 A 2x4 is something you cut with a saw and screw or nail into place.

You know how you see pick up trucks with 4x4 stickers on the side of the box, between the rear wheels and tail lights? I saw one drive past me in a parking lot the other day that had a 4x2 sticker on it. Now, I live in Northern Wisconsin... A 4x2 is almost a must here... so why would a guy be proud of owning a 4x2? lol

Happy New Year!
Probably just likes stickers .

I have a Honda Civic, nothing special, but it gets me around. The Si version has a "DOHC" sticker on it (Dual OverHead Cam). I've seen lots of people have "SOHC" stickers made to put on their standard Civics (Single OverHead Cam). Sure it's technically nothing to brag about, but I guess they like the look of the stickers. To each their own I suppose.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:53 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BigTb17

ORIGINAL: Merc4Stroke

Happy New Year!
Probably just likes stickers .

I have a Honda Civic, nothing special, but it gets me around. The Si version has a ''DOHC'' sticker on it (Dual OverHead Cam). I've seen lots of people have ''SOHC'' stickers made to put on their standard Civics (Single OverHead Cam). Sure it's technically nothing to brag about, but I guess they like the look of the stickers. To each their own I suppose.
I have seem lot of carts with DOHC and SOHC. having SOHC may not be somthing to be proud of it is just another way to differentiate between the two. My car says Ford Focus on it and I am by no means proud of that sad fact.LOL

And sometime I want to take a 2x4 to my 2x4 rc's!!LOL!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
BigTb17

ORIGINAL: yakfish

I have seem lot of carts with DOHC and SOHC. having SOHC may not be somthing to be proud of it is just another way to differentiate between the two. My car says Ford Focus on it and I am by no means proud of that sad fact.LOL

And sometime I want to take a 2x4 to my 2x4 rc's!!LOL!
I wasn't knocking SOHC cars at all (that's what mine is ). I was just comparing the 4x2 sticker on a truck to a SOHC sticker on a Civic.

I considered taking a picture of myself hitting one of my RCs with a 2x4 (piece of lumber) and posting it in this thread .
Old 12-30-2009, 03:19 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 2x4 is what you use on the 4x2 if it stops ! LOL thump !