Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Looking to buy a new RC car/truck

Old 12-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Georb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a new RC car/truck

Could use some opinions, I am currently looking at a traxxas jato 3.3. Looking to spend around 400 bucks on the car accessories are separate. Never done this before so I don't know much about the hobby. I am trying to find out more information on the diffrent builders (if there is any real diffrence between them all). So any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Georb

Default RE: Looking to buy a new RC car/truck

Ok after reading more posts It looks like Ineed to give more information about what I will be doing.

Basicly I just want to tool around do a few jumps and possibly go around a dirt track and have some fun. Although Iam not against actually converting my restaurant parking lot into a street course but thats getting ahead of the game. Right now I was just looking for brands to avoid and brands to choose.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 AM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

Looking at a Jato 3.3 is a good start IMO. I'm about to get one this week and I drove a friends. They are amazing both on and off road. Parts are everywhere for them and they SCREAM! I think it's 65mph out of the box. If you haven't done this before I suggest you read this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9337359/tm.htm

You need to determine those factors before being able to make a logical decision. Sure the Jato is fun and FAST, but if you have no idea how to drive one, then you'll end up crashing it. The 1/8th scale cars/buggies are more durable than the 1/10th. You mentioned possibly converting a parking lot so are you thinking something for on-road racing? Or do you want both? See, many factors. Read that post, at least skim it and post back and we'll all chime in and give you some ideas.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:55 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

The Jato is a good overall truck. It should jump fine as long as you arent doing anything real big, and if you are doing a lot of blacktop running I think you will love it, especially the speed Its a fast, fairly strong truck that is easy to get parts for. Also, the EZ-Start electric start on the traxxas stuff is really nice, especially if you are new to nitro r/c's. If you are going to be doing quite a bit of jumping, I might would look into something else, but for some occasional jumping, and mainly blacktop running the jato should be a good truck for you.

Eric
Old 12-29-2009, 03:22 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being the owner of a Jato I can say that you will not be dissatisfied with it. It is one rugged little truck. I run mines both on and off road. On road it is a beast and off road it does pretty decent also. I have had mines since November of 2007 and I have had to rebuild my tranny once. Plus mines is heavily modified for speed. But imp you will be more than happy with it.