Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

slash chassis change (going for LCG)

Old 01-26-2010, 02:00 PM
MeBaD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slash chassis change (going for LCG)

So there are a couple of options that I have bumped into... here they are:

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/SLICE-Performance-Chassis-kit-for-Traxxas-Slash_W0QQitemZ230428629878QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadi o_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item35a69ddb76]Slash Slice chassis[/link]

[link=http://www.thundertechracing.com/onlinestore/proddetail.php?prod=OUTLAW-02-N]Thundertech Outlaw Chassis[/link]

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYNX3&P=7]evo Intergy Chassis[/link]

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/150816/n/Xtreme-Racing-Traxxas-Rustler-Black-G-10-Chassis-Kit]extended Rustler/Slash chassis[/link]

I race in a mod class that is just about totally open so there is very little limitations. The key thing that some of these chassis question is I run a 11.1v Lipo that might not fit in a couple of the chassis. So far the 7.4lipo w/ 86/23 and 86/18 gearing vs the 11.1 with 86/16 gearing has shown much difference! The 11.1 has more punch, much smoother and overall better performance! I have the 5400 version of this battery:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXLJ1&P=ML

Here are my views so far...

1) Slice Chassis: Nice overall look, contacted the owner about the battery fitting... It is probably my second choice if it does fit though I am questioning moving the rear wheels forward helping... and if the sideways battery will really help the slash (which leans enough already...)
2) Outlaw chassis: Probably my top pic at the moment. Will probably look the best after airbrushed. Has the most options of setup's I think. No battery questions (as I already use the traxxas extended battery holder)
3) Evo Chassis: Sorry to say, Intergy is mostly overpriced crap I really don't like the design of this chassis and really doubt either battery will fit well...
4) Extended rustler/slash chassis: This uses the ideas of the sc10 where you have a Extended T4 chassis. Same idea though I think this might present problems with the battery as well and I'll be limited on shifting the weight forward

Correction on #4 - this uses the associated battery holder style so the battery retainers are adjustable. It should fit the 11.1v...

Any thoughts ?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Shake n Bake

Default RE: slash chassis change (going for LCG)

i have the thundertech chassis and couldnt be happier, it is awesome. the only problem ive had is the batter holder sucks. My lipo FLEW out after a triple!!!!!!! So i cut the battery tray out of my original chassis and servo taped it to the chassis, and it has been fine ever since.

I also run a losi 11.1 3s lipo. Its fit fine in the chassis before it flew out, and it fits fine after the mod. I use 90/19 gearing, with a 5700 mamba, everything seems good so far. I have switched to itegy aluminum big bore shocks, steel outdrives, jato driveshafts, and proline bowtie tires on proline beadlock wheeles. I race every weekend, and can run with everything else so im very happy.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 PM
MeBaD

ORIGINAL: Shake n Bake

i have the thundertech chassis and couldnt be happier, it is awesome. the only problem ive had is the batter holder sucks. My lipo FLEW out after a triple!!!!!!! So i cut the battery tray out of my original chassis and servo taped it to the chassis, and it has been fine ever since.
The lipo is a tad snug because I've added some foam around the bottom edges so it stays still in the stock chassis. I can probably re-mod it do do the same with the thundertech one. only thing I really don't like about the thundertech one is the 40 freakin holes in the bottom of the chassis and well, it's 1/2 the price of just buying a sc10 (It's 92 bucks shipped )
Old 01-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Shake n Bake

money well spent in my book, cause i love being the odd guy that races a heavily modified slash as opposed to buying a sc10 like everyone else. To each his owne.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:36 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

This is the best LCG chassis to get for your Slash. At $180 or so, it's pricier than your other options, but it's easily the best performing one
Old 01-26-2010, 04:06 PM
MeBaD

ORIGINAL: Shake n Bake

money well spent in my book, cause i love being the odd guy that races a heavily modified slash as opposed to buying a sc10 like everyone else. To each his owne.
See, now that's what I'm talkin about
Old 01-26-2010, 11:51 PM
gelbschnee

gelbschnee thinks tbj is a sarcastic jerk! and he is also wondering what shocks tbj is using on his sc10? (sorry off topic)
Old 01-27-2010, 02:34 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

They're ooooooooooooooooooooooooold HPI shocks that he robbed from his Nitro Rush. Nearly a decade old. No leaks

HPI makes some VERY nice shocks. The blue HPI springs out back and pink Losi rear springs up front with 25wt oil makes the truck handle great.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:16 AM
MeBaD

I have debated on HBI shocks as well on my slash and possibly molding some stuff on my own. Every one of my "project trucks" seems to start out "I'm only going to do bla bla bla" and than once the price is 3x the original kit cost... it MIGHT be done

Think I'mma order the outlaw chassis today... too bad thundertech isn't associated with any wholesalers :|
Old 01-27-2010, 04:11 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MeBaD

Every one of my ''project trucks'' seems to start out ''I'm only going to do bla bla bla'' and than once the price is 3x the original kit cost... it MIGHT be done
same here only one that hasn't held true with is my Tamiya
Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
The Hedgehog

The rc extreme lcg chassis.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
MeBaD

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
same here only one that hasn't held true with is my Tamiya
Funny I was toying with making my tt-01 a rally car