Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

which of these would you choose?

Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM
bphicks123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which of these would you choose?

I am going to purchase a new nitro rc car in the next week, and i need advice on what to get.

here are the cars i am considering:

Losi Ten-T
Losi Speed NT
Traxxas Jato
Traxxas Revo

but i am willing to listen to everyone's suggestions.

i have heard that losi is higher quality than traxxas, what do you guys think about this?

im used to the speed of on road cars, so i am concerned if i go with the revo, or 10t that i might be disappointed with the speed. but i am looking for an offroad vehicle, and have heard that the jato and speed NT aren't the greatest for offroad.

the budget is 700$ max
Old 01-29-2010, 07:47 PM
sheograth

Default RE: which of these would you choose?

Since you're considering trucks, check out the LST XXL too.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:59 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the Revo does about 45+ out of the box. It can always be modded also to go faster.

If speed is what your really after then the Jato or the Speed NT are the way to go. My Jato may not be the greatest off road but it does pretty decent. Traxxas also has great quality and parts can be found anywhere. They also have great customer support.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Also theres the Savage X RTR I think it goes around 40ish. Only thing is it can't make high speed turns due to it being top heavy. But it can take a royal beating, and has alot of parts availability(stock and aftermarket).

Edit:
Just thought about this for offroad you can also look at buggies like the Jammin X1x and others.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Sugafree

http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...OSB0016&cat=73 Add it to your Cart to see the Price.....
Old 01-29-2010, 09:58 PM
bphicks123

thanks for the suggestions every one, but keep in mind i am looking for speed, durability, and offroad potential.

i suspect that the ten-t would probably deliver enough speed.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:30 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

I will say the Jato since I literally can't break mine. Look at my thread about submerging mine to the roof in water and it still cranked up and drives fine. I've beat this to hell and it asks for more. Let's not forget 65MPH out of the box and some mods you can do to help the handling and weight.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:58 PM
sportsstar298

i would take some thing not on the list i know you guys dont think redcat is a good brand but try their vortex ss it says 60 right of box and with my speed gun i got a really good tune and i got 58 mph its good quality for 200 $

Old 01-29-2010, 11:03 PM
sportsstar298

guys i am new to this site and i need to know how to post a forum where i can ask a quesstion plz help i want to know what is better the 5.5t ezrun or the 8.5t ezrun i know 5.5t has more kv but i want to know which one is better overall and their top speed on 2-3 lipos

Old 01-29-2010, 11:54 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: bphicks123

thanks for the suggestions every one, but keep in mind i am looking for speed, durability, and offroad potential.

i suspect that the ten-t would probably deliver enough speed.
you have just described a 1/8 scale truggy. they go anywhere an MT will go and will out handle the best of them any day of the week. and are quite fast as well.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:07 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: sportsstar298

guys i am new to this site and i need to know how to post a forum where i can ask a quesstion plz help i want to know what is better the 5.5t ezrun or the 8.5t ezrun i know 5.5t has more kv but i want to know which one is better overall and their top speed on 2-3 lipos

Electric forum is the best place to ask http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm

ezrun 8.5 can handel 3s lipo onroad 2s offroad (I have athe 8.5 it totaled the RC I put it in )
5.5 I think can only take a 2s lipo.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Lurp06x

on your list i would suggest the ten-t, but if its speed an offroad then you should look at a 1/8 buggy or truggy. the ten-t is a 1/10 truggy. if your looking for ready to run check out some jammin or hyper buggies and truggies. look for ofna thats the name they go under.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:35 AM
rcslsafut

dude, your looking at a stadium truck, a truggy, and a monster truck/hybrid.
all three are good in thier own respects!!
lets start with the stadium truck ;made for speed, lower center of gravity (low clearance as well) made to handle well, pretty much a track type vehicle!!!!2wd
a monster truck; made more for backyard bashing ,higher center of gravity (even though the revo is lower than most) not to bad on the speed, but no stadium truck(45mph vs 60 plus)4wd
a truggy; more of a hybrid mix of monster truck and buggy, made more for a track,usually higher quality ,usually quite high in price too!!! once again more for track than bashing!!4wd
all these vehicles will do what the others will do, they just dont shine as much as their purpose built counterpart!!
so YOU NEED TO ASK YOURSELF, what am i going to do with the truck that i am looking at?
all five big names are traxxas, losi, team associated,kysho and hpi ,among others ,are going to be the easiest to get parts for when you make that wrong turn and run into a tree or a post
or whatever it may be that you accidently hit like i think we all have!!!haha!! hope that helps you make your choice !
Old 01-30-2010, 01:20 AM
bphicks123

thanks everyone,

i have 2 hobby store within 5 miles, and they both carry traxxas, losi, associated.

i am mostly going to be bashing, thats why i was thinking truggy because they are fairly fast, but still have decent clearance.

what do you guys think about the durability of traxxas vs. losi?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:47 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Get a revo digger.
Awsome all round machine.
Nothing wrong with traxxas durability, set of metal axles and HEX'es would be a plus for long term.
l would by the revo.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:31 AM
john01374

Of the trucks listed I'd say Revo. I have the E-revo and since it's been cold and crappy here i've been running it for the past couple of weeks in the snow etc. There have been a few time where i slid into things thinking "that can't be good" just to have it drive away unhurt.

I personally feel traxxas makes the toughest stuff out there short of a very few 1/8 scale buggies. If you want durability then they are the way to go.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:33 AM
quietnas1

I can only speak for Traxxas. The quality and durability are amazing. The customer service that they offer is incredible as well.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:23 AM
bphicks123

to me it seems like if you are a traxxas owner, you love traxxas, and if you are a losi owner, you love losi.

since i wouldn't have to order any of the traxxas cars ( my LHS carries them all) i will probably end up going with the revo or jato.

from your experience do most LHS's carry RPM parts for the revo, or jato? and has anyone gotten their revo to wheelie?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:58 AM
supertib

Don't get a Revo....its honestly one of the biggest money pits you can find

LOsi 10T...its a no brainer...50 MPH stock, handles way better then a Revo, Faster then a Revo, more durable then a Revo, better engine, far better radio..all in all the 10T is by far the best truck on your list.....
Old 01-30-2010, 12:19 PM
bphicks123

when i was weighing it out i realized that the DX3S is s 200$ radio, and you get the truggy for around 300$

i have heard from a lot of people that losi is higher quality, and more durable than traxxas.

what really draws me toward traxxas is the part support, every hobby store carries traxxas. one of my LHS does carry losi, but probably not every part
Old 01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
stevenservo

jato only cuz thats my next truck
Old 01-30-2010, 12:54 PM
supertib

when i was weighing it out i realized that the DX3S is s 200$ radio, and you get the truggy for around 300$

i have heard from a lot of people that losi is higher quality, and more durable than traxxas.

what really draws me toward traxxas is the part support, every hobby store carries traxxas. one of my LHS does carry losi, but probably not every part

truly the 10T would run circles around the Revo in every way.....not only that but the 10T will be much easier to work on....the redio gear that comes with the 10T is fantastic too, closer to $300.00 then $200.00 actually.. As well the 10T engine is quite a bit better qulity then the Traxxas..........Also the 10T is going to have a much higher grade build quality, and a much more durable drivetrain, so if you want to ever go big block you wont have to worry about upgrading the drivetrain...... 10T is an awesome machine !
Old 01-30-2010, 04:50 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Nothing wrong with Traxxas, the revo is a great machine, not that the 10T isnt, but you wont regret a revo purchase, very very few do.
Supertib did.....But he only like truggies in general.
Most the guys at our local track owned savage first, and then upgraded to revos, far better truck.
Dont need a big block in revo, just whack an OS in it for double the power almost. Then they beat the big block savages.........
Anyways, if power is your thing go brushless lipo ! Get the e-revo ! Insane power.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:36 PM
black mamba

I am going to purchase a new nitro rc car in the next week, and i need advice on what to get.

here are the cars i am considering:

Losi Ten-T
Losi Speed NT
Traxxas Jato
Traxxas Revo

but i am willing to listen to everyone's suggestions.

i have heard that losi is higher quality than traxxas, what do you guys think about this?

im used to the speed of on road cars, so i am concerned if i go with the revo, or 10t that i might be disappointed with the speed. but i am looking for an offroad vehicle, and have heard that the jato and speed NT aren't the greatest for offroad.

the budget is 700$ max
Of your choices, I'd go with the Losi Ten T if you just plan on bashing. I'd go with the Revo if you plan on racing too.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:41 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: supertib

truly the 10T would run circles around the Revo in every way.....not only that but the 10T will be much easier to work on....the redio gear that comes with the 10T is fantastic too, closer to $300.00 then $200.00 actually.. As well the 10T engine is quite a bit better qulity then the Traxxas..........Also the 10T is going to have a much higher grade build quality, and a much more durable drivetrain, so if you want to ever go big block you wont have to worry about upgrading the drivetrain...... 10T is an awesome machine !
I can say in real life, at my track, that the Ten T is a no show. Haven't ever seen one yet. As for the Revo, well, there's quite a few there (nitro and BL) that will hand the posterior to most anything that they run against. The monster truck classes are nothing but Revos with an occasional "race spec" Savage tossed in for bait. The Revo has a very successful racing past (and present) that Traxxas isn't going to let go easily. lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.