Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

how cool is RPM...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default how cool is RPM...

i broke some RPM parts for the 1st time ever. i hit a metal pole, when it was 30 degrees outside. figure it wouldnt have broken if not for the cool.
i bought replacement parts off ebay. then alittle more than a week ago i read that RPM will replace broken parts.
so i sent them the parts, and today i got free replacement ones(minus the price of a postage stamp when i mailed the broken parts to them)
what really impressed me was how quickly i got the new parts.
i wish RPM would make their own RC's
Old 03-04-2010, 05:26 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: how cool is RPM...

wow you actually broke a RPM part I'm impressed
I've yet to perform that feat
Old 03-04-2010, 05:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

yeh, it surprized me too when it broke. but ANY plastic will be more brittle in the cold. i dont think i would have broken the parts if it had been summer.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how fast was it going?
I've driven my Tamiya buggy out when it was -5 out through snow and royally whacked it and nothing broke, and that whole thing is made of cheap feeling plastic
BTW my buggy was going around 30mph that day
Old 03-04-2010, 07:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

rusty vxl with 3s lipo going over 40mph right into a steel fence pole. something had to give. im glade it was the rpm bumper and not anything else.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:44 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

how fast was it going?
I've driven my Tamiya buggy out when it was -5 out through snow and royally whacked it and nothing broke, and that whole thing is made of cheap feeling plastic
Tamiya actually uses really high quality plastic. Its that carbon graphite losi stuff that I manage to break. The only thing RPM that I have ever broken was a wheel...
Old 03-04-2010, 08:09 PM
mrsmartjohnson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: proanti1

how fast was it going?
Tamiya actually uses really high quality plastic. Its that carbon graphite losi stuff that I manage to break. The only thing RPM that I have ever broken was a wheel...
Carbon graphite is supposed to be rigid, but main reason it weight savings! There also different ratings of carbon fiber like there is alluminum and plastic for that matter! Losi uses it weight savings not because it is strongest out there!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Steve.

RPM products are awesome. I'm happy to say I've never broken one. I have their parts on my Aftershock, Savage, and RC10s. I just picked up some front "A" arms for my SC10 and picked up the skid plate/ bumper for it tonight. If anyone reading this has a SC10 it's much better than the stock bumper as it fully strenghtens the nose of the chassis and eliminates the bracket between the bumper and the front shock tower. The plate is thick and their nylon is the toughest I've ever seen. It fit perfectly and looks indestructable.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:44 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mrsmartjohnson

ORIGINAL: proanti1

how fast was it going?
Carbon graphite is supposed to be rigid, but main reason it weight savings! There also different ratings of carbon fiber like there is alluminum and plastic for that matter! Losi uses it weight savings not because it is strongest out there!
Breaking during bashing is one thing, but when im actually on my first heat and snap an a-arm... Not saying I cant just throw rpm crap on there, its just irritating. Btw, you are mixing ratings. Carbon fiber (and carbon based composites) are graded on the tensile scale. Aluminum is generally graded on the rockwell hardness scale, plastics are graded by a ton of different methods.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:38 PM
The Hedgehog

Give the right person any rc racing car and they can snap an a arm in the first heat. [&:]