Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Dieing black and gray parts.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
gonggongboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dieing black and gray parts.

Ive been wondering if you can die gray and black parts with out the color being faded or not showing up at all. Im wanting to die almost all the parts on my Traxxas slash red, white or blue.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dieing black and gray parts.

you can't go lighter in color only darker
so black parts can't be dyed
the gray can go black or some grayish red or blue color
I was actually looking up instructions today and found http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...7/ai_n8867845/
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The parts will absorb the dye, but you will get at best a very slight coloured tint.

I think RPM makes white nylon parts for the Slash, so your best bet would be to get as many of those as you can, and dye them whatever colour you want.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:06 AM
john01374

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traxxas Gray parts take color very well. You can dye them pretty much any color you like as long as it's darker than the stock gray. I've done Blue, Red, black and purple. All turned out great except the red. The Dye worked great but for some reason it turned cloudy and I don't know why.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_91..._1/key_/tm.htm