Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 AM
rubbinsracin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default batteries

Hi all, I have some old NiCAd batteries and was wondering if putting them on a battery cycle would help restore them to a better condition. I have been an RCfan for a while and am looking a steping up to comps. I am in the process of upgrading all running gear but would like to practice some more on my older stuff. Any help would be great.

Cheers
Old 04-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: batteries

wouldent hurt to try it butdepending on how old and degraded thay are it may do little to nothing to improve them.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:33 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: batteries

Cycling older batteries can definitely get them to wake up a bit, but old nicads are pretty pathetic compared to what's out there today. So yeah, they're fine for fooling around with but if you want modern day performance get some new Lipos or at least high end Nimhs.