Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

so ******* mad

Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 PM
sportsstar298

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so ******* mad

every time i drive my nitro rustler some thing breaks on it it has usually been a 2 dollar part that would stop me from running it for a couple of days but today my carberater just broke right next to the high speed needle. idk how it broke but when i brought it in to tune it i look at the bottom an theres a bunch of gas there so i looked on the engine to see if there was a leak. i moved the gas lines around to see iff there was a hole then snap the higg speed needle just just proke away from the plastic so now i am needing to spend around 60 bucks just to fix it again. I AM WONDERING IF I SHOULD EVEN BE MESSING WITH RC CARS ANYMORE. OR JUST STAY AWAY FROM NITRO. AND GO TO ELECTRIC. so mad right now
Old 06-03-2010, 07:50 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: so ******* mad

Well Electric is easier, faster and there's a lot less parts to break. Get yourself a VXL rusty or convert the nitro and your headaches will be cut in half. Unless of course you run it into something.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 PM
sportsstar298

yea but i want brushless and that will cost me almost twice as much money as a nitro. plus i have to deal with geting a good lipo battery a good lipo charger then deal with charging it after 15 twenty minutes of running.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:57 PM
sportsstar298

also do i have to buy the 2.5 engine carburetor or can i buy an off brand thats cheaper.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know how it is where you live but check craigslist for a parts car. I just searched my local craigslist for rustler and found several of them for sale including one for $40. with as much fixing you are having to do you may want to consider trying to find a parts car so you don't have to be constantly going to your LHS. a couple years ago I picked a rustler up real cheap i think it was around $65.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

You are complaining about your car breaking, and you want to buy an off brand carb? Hobby grade rc cars break... its what they do. That's why they are HOBBY grade. If you want something indestructible, go to Toys-R-Us.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:31 PM
sportsstar298

toys r us is a toy store not hobbby store
Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 PM
proanti1

Really?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:20 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: john01374

Well Electric is easier, faster and there's a lot less parts to break. Get yourself a VXL rusty or convert the nitro and your headaches will be cut in half. Unless of course you run it into something.
faster & more torque = more parts broken from what I've seen
I've snapped drive shafts(due to brushless torque), totaled A-arms from how friggin fast they go, snapped tie-rods, cracked chassis's, smoked motors, totaled pinion's, and a quite a few other parts all on my electrics in the past few months. (not complaining mind you just saying cost wise)

I find my nitros actually need less parts personally seeing my savage has had $0 in replacement parts put into it, My MT2's not broke anything since I replaced the last of the old stock parts (Bought it used dunno where the last owner stored it but they were insanely brittle), and jammin X1 not a penny in past buying it new, and adding 2 brace kits to make sure the chassis don't bend.

in all truth theres about the same amount of parts to break on either so lets please not argue this they both break

If your complaining get a cheaper hobby and also don't buy a normal car seeing those things break too and repairs on real cars dwarf anything your RC would cost
Old 06-04-2010, 12:28 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey syco, You should put that in your sig
Old 06-04-2010, 09:03 AM
breezerboat

I would say that there are two things to think about.

1. Everyone breaks a buttload of parts when they first get into this hobby. After you have been in it for like 5-8 gallons, you learn how to drive and break less. EVERYONE, me included, destroys their first RC and gets pissed off.

2. 1/8 scale buggies are by far the most durable RC's out there. I'd say find one that is reputable and well thought of by local racers and you will find the hobby much more fun. BTW, I am not joking.... 1/8 buggies are WAY more durable than what you have now.

Good luck. Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:04 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: breezerboat

I would say that there are two things to think about.

1. Everyone breaks a buttload of parts when they first get into this hobby. After you have been in it for like 5-8 gallons, you learn how to drive and break less. EVERYONE, me included, destroys their first RC and gets pissed off.

2. 1/8 scale buggies are by far the most durable RC's out there. I'd say find one that is reputable and well thought of by local racers and you will find the hobby much more fun. BTW, I am not joking.... 1/8 buggies are WAY more durable than what you have now.

Good luck. Hope this helps.
agree
good 1/8th scale buggies are built like damn tanks, to the point where you have to royally suck at driving to break em.
I was actually amazed at the build difference from my 1/10ths, but the 1/8ths also use a crapload more fuel to move the added weight so I guess you get tradeoffs
Old 06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
JM93LiftedYJ

As someone that is just returning to r/c after eight or so years, run old school. I have never owned a gas car so I cannot speak about them, but all my electrics are several years old. I plan on using a Novak Rooster, some Trinity motors, and 3000mAH NiMh batteries. All this stuff would have cost me hundreds and hundreds of dollars years ago when I was full blown in r/c. Now, its all relatively dirt cheap. I figure the higher end stuff worked great then, why not now?
Old 06-04-2010, 11:23 AM
mechanizeddeath

When I was learning, I managed to break stuff with a silvercan and a 6 cell 1500mAh pack. I'm much better now, I know which jumps to avoid no matter how cool and more importantly how to land them. I love electrics, but they're not indestructable either. Heck, last weekend I somehow fried the ESC in my Tower boat for "absolutely no reason." The boat was completely stock, the battery was nothing excessive, and I can't for the life of me figure out what happened. Yet it shut down in the middle of the lake and thankfully had some sort of limp mode so I didn't need to go for a swim. Still annoying though.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:51 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

When I was learning, I managed to break stuff with a silvercan and a 6 cell 1500mAh pack. I'm much better now, I know which jumps to avoid no matter how cool and more importantly how to land them. I love electrics, but they're not indestructable either. Heck, last weekend I somehow fried the ESC in my Tower boat for ''absolutely no reason.'' The boat was completely stock, the battery was nothing excessive, and I can't for the life of me figure out what happened. Yet it shut down in the middle of the lake and thankfully had some sort of limp mode so I didn't need to go for a swim. Still annoying though.
Was it the turbo V? Same thing happened to me... running it on a 3000ma nimh. Just stopped out in the middle of a pond... at least tower was kind enough to replace it. The current one hasn't had any problems as of yet.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:57 PM
DarkFire989

I just lost 200 bucks in electronics for my Baja after waiting since January to run it again after a broken diff.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
mechanizeddeath

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Was it the turbo V? Same thing happened to me... running it on a 3000ma nimh. Just stopped out in the middle of a pond... at least tower was kind enough to replace it. The current one hasn't had any problems as of yet.
Yep Turbo Vee 3. Did yours still work at crawl speed? Took a good 2 minutes to get back to me, and it was still well within visual distance. I was also on a 3000mAh NiMH, last year I was still on crappy 2300 NiCd packs so that was the only change. I was running 7 cells, but according to the instructions it is designed for 6-7 cells. That extra cell is the only big difference from last year.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:26 PM
cumquat

if you dont want the n. rusty any more then send it down to me
if you are a noob to the hobby then i suggest you look into the duratrax evader ext. it is one of the most durable trucks i have driven. best part is that you can get it for $120 + battery packs and charger.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 PM
kaiser01

this thread makes me laugh.

i have 4 cars that are in various states of disrepair due to crashes/breakages.

thats rc for ya! never bothered me much lol
Old 06-04-2010, 10:01 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

Me too.

And these things break, if you cant drive your going to break more.But i have 9 or so cars, helis and planes...3 work. But i dont complain about it.I just wait till i can afford to fix em, and than they break again and dont run a few weeks.But eh.If i really need to run something, i play with my train set. Having one car definetely sucks, if you break it you cant run.Get into real cars, and how much THEY cost to fix, than complain.In rc, it doesnt cost $200 for new shocks...Sigh.[&:]
Old 06-05-2010, 01:46 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

Me too.

And these things break, if you cant drive your going to break more.But i have 9 or so cars, helis and planes...3 work. But i dont complain about it.I just wait till i can afford to fix em, and than they break again and dont run a few weeks.But eh.If i really need to run something, i play with my train set. Having one car definetely sucks, if you break it you cant run.Get into real cars, and how much THEY cost to fix, than complain.In rc, it doesnt cost $200 for new shocks...Sigh.[&:]
tell me about it, on my car (98 monte carlo) its supposedly $250 per rear shock(parts & labor) due to the way GM made em (you gotta replace the whole rear assembly to change a shock) been needing one for over a year due to the spring

Only thing on a RC thats comparable in price to a real car are the Baja 5bs tires. Those things for a set of 4 cost more than the 4 tires on my real car. Honestly that alone turned me off a 5b when I saw those suckers price.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:44 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Yep Turbo Vee 3. Did yours still work at crawl speed? Took a good 2 minutes to get back to me, and it was still well within visual distance. I was also on a 3000mAh NiMH, last year I was still on crappy 2300 NiCd packs so that was the only change. I was running 7 cells, but according to the instructions it is designed for 6-7 cells. That extra cell is the only big difference from last year.
No, esc completely died, only thing that still worked was the rudder servo.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:00 PM
djyjrlz

the most annoying thing happened to me when i got my firestorm, i had just run the first three tanks through on bricks and took it out for its first drive down the road and my neighbor arrives in his white van and says "can i have a go" (famous last words) i had seen him in the past driving his little ts4n down the street and thought......well he must be able to drive, so i said "herp derp sure you can" he took the control and blasted this thing up and down like you would no believe, pullin' wheelies and smokin the place out (it was at factory settings) he takes it up the curb and jumps into the road at about 25mph and smashes into a pothole. i was gutted. but all he managed to break was some plastic bits at the front and the top deck was bent to hell. he was so sorry and offered to pay for the damages. he was so embarrased he hent his elderly mother round to pay (btw he was like 30).

i seems that i was so bad at driving that someone else managed to crash it just while i was watching. anyway now the response is "er...no, get your own".
Old 06-05-2010, 06:42 PM
mechanizeddeath

Crazy how those ESCs went up like that. Well hopefully I can find something to replace it with. I just spend so much more time on land that it's annoying to have to budget anything for a boat I use just a few times out of the year. But I do enjoy running it.

And yeah nearly all of my breakages have involved me letting someone else drive. Like the kids who handed my car back to me with the gearbox ripped open. Or my friend who bent a metal body mount at a 90 degree angle by driving into furniture at full throttle.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: djyjrlz

the most annoying thing happened to me when i got my firestorm, i had just run the first three tanks through on bricks and took it out for its first drive down the road and my neighbor arrives in his white van and says ''can i have a go'' (famous last words) i had seen him in the past driving his little ts4n down the street and thought......well he must be able to drive, so i said ''herp derp sure you can'' he took the control and blasted this thing up and down like you would no believe, pullin' wheelies and smokin the place out (it was at factory settings) he takes it up the curb and jumps into the road at about 25mph and smashes into a pothole. i was gutted. but all he managed to break was some plastic bits at the front and the top deck was bent to hell. he was so sorry and offered to pay for the damages. he was so embarrased he hent his elderly mother round to pay (btw he was like 30).

i seems that i was so bad at driving that someone else managed to crash it just while i was watching. anyway now the response is ''er...no, get your own''.
wow thats not good for the engine seeing its breakin wasn't done your not supposed to go full throttle for an additional 2-3 tanks [:@]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.