Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

hyper 7 or revo 3.3??

Old 06-09-2010, 04:50 AM
eddie07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 7 or revo 3.3??

hello everyone! i am new in this site...i want to ask this question.. which is more faster the ofna hyper 7 with axial 28 engine or a regular traxxas revo 3.3???? thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 07:23 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: hyper 7 or revo 3.3??

I would say the Revo as fas as straight line speeds and for running in grass and rough off-road terrain. As far as turning and running on a track the Hyper would kill the Revo.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

revo 3.3
Old 06-10-2010, 05:41 AM
eddie07

ohhh thanks for the answer man .. the revo 3.3 is the best monster i know maybe i will buy it but to much money for the 3.3 jeje.. ok bye =)
ORIGINAL: larryf333

I would say the Revo as fas as straight line speeds and for running in grass and rough off-road terrain. As far as turning and running on a track the Hyper would kill the Revo.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:43 AM
eddie07

ahhh ok thanks dude!
ORIGINAL: Shabbernigdo

revo 3.3
Old 06-10-2010, 09:39 PM
gettnbetter

Your question is which is faster. The OFNA is faster. I'd still go with the Revo, as a result of the rocker suspension, it handles better. Plop in a Picco .26 red dot and a decent pipe and it will not only outhandle the hyper7, it'll beat it straight up in a drag.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
dominicevans

c'mon you guys really think the revo will out perform the hyper 7? a race buggy ?

btw axial 28 not really a good engine for a buggy

the revo may have a higher top speed but its the way they get to the top...buggy's just rip monster trucks are sloppy in everything they do including accelerating..they wheelie etc.. and their suspension is soft so generally poor cornering (yes the revo also in comparison to a buggy.. a 1/8 racing machine well in d the past at least)

However to your original question (with the axial) revo is faster
Old 06-10-2010, 10:22 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The revo will handle all types of terraign better, the buggies are more purpose built for track use, and on the track the hyper would kill the revo.

What it comes down to is what do you plan to do with it? Bash or race. Bash revo, Race on a track hyper 7. How do I know this from experience.

A truggy will kill both birds with one stone and would be an excellent choice for both actvities, plus you won't be dealing with tuning the traxxas engine. Every other post on traxxas forum is tuning problems. I might take heat for this but it is true.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: silverman1

The revo will handle all types of terraign better, the buggies are more purpose built for track use, and on the track the hyper would kill the revo.

What it comes down to is what do you plan to do with it? Bash or race. Bash revo, Race on a track hyper 7. How do I know this from experience.

A truggy will kill both birds with one stone and would be an excellent choice for both actvities, plus you won't be dealing with tuning the traxxas engine. Every other post on traxxas forum is tuning problems. I might take heat for this but it is true.

Ipresonally have never had a problem with tuning any traxxas engine. on my revo / maxx my firends s maxx and a few others. i think its the user for the most part not the equipment.A lot of novices buy traxxas as there first nitro and cant tune / have very little to no tuning experience and wind up blaming there failure on the motor.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 PM
silverman1

I got to agree, it has a lot to do with the person doing the tuning on the motor. I was at a rc swap meet and there were Losi LST 1's everywhere for sale. All the guys complained of tuning issues but all said they never had any problem tuning a traxxas engine.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:44 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: gettnbetter

Your question is which is faster. The OFNA is faster. I'd still go with the Revo, as a result of the rocker suspension, it handles better. Plop in a Picco .26 red dot and a decent pipe and it will not only outhandle the hyper7, it'll beat it straight up in a drag.
From this post I can only assume you have never owned either of them and have no idea what you are talking about. You have it a bit backwards. The Revo is faster stock, but the Hyper 7 will out handle the Revo every day of the week. I have owned 3 Hyper 7's and a Revo 3.3 that I upgraded to big block along with most other monster trucks and a few truggies ect.

The Revo will be the faster of the 2 stock. Stock the Hyper 7 only does about 38MPH but it handles much better than any monster truck ever will. The Revo will do closer to 45-55mph. The Hyper 7 is a much better quality vehicle also. Of the 3 that I have owned I only broke one upper and lower control arm from a full throttle crash into a Ford F-250. These buggys are built like tanks. when I had the Revo I was constantly fixing something on it. The 3.3 never ran like it should either( ihave owned at least 3 of the TRX 3.3 engine and I wasn't impressed with any of them). They don't hold a tune very well at all and most people will agree with that unless they are traxxas fan boys. ( I am not at all brand loyal as I have owned all major brands at one time or another).

For the cost of a new Revo you can get yourself a really nice used truggy that will do everything a Revo will do but do it better. It may not handle quite as well as a buggy but you will have the ground clearance needed to take it just about anywhere you could take a monster truck. If you are wanting to get a monster truck take a look at the Losi trucks. They are the best handling monster trucks IMO and they come stock with awesome engines and nice radio gear. The Losi XXL comes stock with the Losi 454 engine which is the same as the LRP Z.28R and the Spektrum DX3S radio system.

The hyper 7 I now have has been clocked by GPS at 51MPH with a Losi Mach 427 BTW.