RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Your Greatest Score or Find Story (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10116309-your-greatest-score-find-story.html)

mazdaprotege4 11-04-2010 10:36 PM

Your Greatest Score or Find Story

Ihave had quite a few great finds on eBay, but a few weeks ago I came across the best deal I had ever seen. The title was simply "willy king" and there was not a lot of description in the listing. But Ihave to say I was pleased when I got the package in the mail. The listing ended for $83 plus $30 shipping.

The first picture is a photo of all that Ireceived for the $113

In the Box was:
Bolink Econo-Rail Dragster - in great condition, almost new - I sold that for $60 on here
Bolink LegendsRoller - sold for $30
Novak NES-1A Servo - good condition - listed on ebay and sold in four minutes for $40
Composite Craft Predator - sold for $25
Total sales from the lot totaled $155.

That is not even the best part, there was also a greatHPIWheely King in the lot that Iam keeping(really the only reason Ipurchased the lot). So in reality Igot paid around $40 to buy this 4x4 Wheely King which has aluminum everything ad a 4 link conversion.

Do you have a story that can top that? Lets hear them!

sheograth 11-05-2010 12:44 AM

RE: Your Greatest Score or Find Story

My greatest score was a brand new assembled Baja 5B SS for $450 at an estate sale. Already had a Baja so I consigned it the LHS and doubled my money :)

Ttam Says Blarg 11-05-2010 12:49 AM

Rc18b for 25 dollars. It was labor day or some weekend when everyone up here has garage sales and the little box was stuffed in the corner and I said how much and she just threw out 25 so I said DEAL! and never looked back.:D

SyCo_VeNoM 11-05-2010 09:28 AM

Complete HPI MT1 for $45. Was looking on CL and saw a ad for a box of MT1 parts for $60 talked the guy down to $45.
Popped the box open, and after looking at the parts I assembled a complete MT1 (engine, all the electronics, and even had energizers in the battery receiver&transmitter that worked for like 3-4 months after ;)).

Only thing it needed was a body replaced(well engine wasn't that good either), my other MT1 I paid $100 for in way worst shape so in comparison it was a steal.

ImpalaPolicePack 11-05-2010 12:35 PM

i allready posted about it in another thread but ill tell you guys again...

a hobby shop 40mins from my house closed 2 weeks ago. the week before they closed they had a 1/2 off sale on everything in the store.(minus complete kits/trucks/engines/radios)
then the week after it was a 1$ sale on EVERYTHING !

so i went there the week before to see if there was anything interesting. and there was !

so i got there about 30mins before they opened to be one of the first and i got 44 items for 44$. including 11 bodies for 11$ !
heres some pics to show you what i got ...

Impala

s7jstep1 11-05-2010 01:06 PM

I got an emaxx with tons of upgrades for $60 and a traxxas rustler for $10 with a charger. I also got a free evx esc

AdamHeard 11-05-2010 01:47 PM

Picked up an upgraded as heck rustler with barely any scratches on it (full RPM arms, aluminum bearing blocks, etc...) plus all the spare parts from upgrades, plus like a second rustler (pretty much everything bus the chassis and gearbox) all for $5 at a garage sale.

Converting it to a slash currently.

9five9 11-05-2010 08:30 PM

I think I posted this a while back, but I got two Tamiya TL-01's a few years ago at a thrift store for $10. They thougtht they were junk because they didn't have "remotes." There wasn't a scratch on either one of them. Both were in perfect condition.