RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Well, a funny, yet sadly stupid story... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10210945-well-funny-yet-sadly-stupid-story.html)

LDGILLS 12-21-2010 08:12 PM

Well, a funny, yet sadly stupid story...

A couple of days ago, I was playing with my 3s slash 4x4, and the kid with his ruslter. Well, all the kids are out and amazed at the jumping I am doing with the snow jump they made. And, I am having a pretty good time. I love this slash. Well, I get a good line up on the nice dry sidewalk, and for some reason I was standing somewhat in front of the ramp, about 15 feet from it.......so ya, its comin right at me. Hm, stupid mistake number one.....
Now, I am on the throttle, the vxl screamin all 11.1 lipo volts thru it, and its bookin. It hits the ramp hard, and at this time, I realize how stupid mistake number one is, as this thing is heading right towards me, mid air, and haulin butt. Now, I still have a second or so, that I can A:Simply duck B:Simply step to the left or right or C:stand there like a fool and be the first to be killed by a slash. Well, I chose C:!!!! I was feeling adventurous. Well, I am 5'11 and I took a direct hit to just below my left pec muscle, and it knocked me to the ground. It felt like I collapsed a lung, or stopped my heart. It was scary, scary bad...LOL Well, details aside, I am the PROUD owner of not one, but TWO broken ribs[8D] Dang, I know to pick A or B...LOL I took a good hit, and thankfully nothing too major happened, cept it does hurt like hell, and I am a mechanic.
Wish I had video, but I dont. Keep it safe, and dont be me....lol

nitrosportsandrunner 12-21-2010 08:40 PM

RE: Well, a funny, yet sadly stupid story...

wow, i once read of a guy who broke his ankle with a 3.3 tmaxx, but never anyone breaking a rib!

i would feel sorry for you, but you do get to drive a 4x4 slash, which i cant afford, so i dont:)

you do have some ballz letting everyone know you got beat up by a RC truck tho.

quietnas1 12-21-2010 08:49 PM

Dam!!!! Fractured my ankle once with my old rc10gt but man you took a good hit. At least your ok and have an interesting story to tell lol.

LDGILLS 12-21-2010 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

you do have some ballz letting everyone know you got beat up by a RC truck tho.
[8D] Im a pretty secure person I guess...LOL

Shabbernigdo 12-21-2010 11:01 PM

good thing it wasent a baja. you would be dead.

SyCo_VeNoM 12-21-2010 11:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Shabbernigdo

good thing it wasent a baja. you would be dead.
Or a savage flux.
Hit my foot with one once when I was trying to stop it damn did that hurt, and it wasn't going fast at all.

cummins driver 12-21-2010 11:23 PM

My cousin ran his .25 savage into my ankle going probably 25-30mph. All i can say is its a good thing I wear red wing boots every day, and that I have big bones! lol It left a bruise, but the boots covered my ankle and probably helped some.

Eric

lez1troubles 12-21-2010 11:48 PM

:)

Spetz 12-22-2010 03:44 AM

Is the slash ok?

cooldriver385 12-22-2010 04:19 AM

My friend James doesn't believe my Jato can hurt him. We tested this going at half throttle, he's never screamed that loud :)

LDGILLS 12-22-2010 05:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Spetz

Is the slash ok?
I am glad to report, the slash is doing well:D

Argess 12-22-2010 05:42 AM

Just the other day I was doing some test runs with my Baja 5B and I had to jump out of the way. That would have hurt. Now I have relatively slow reflexes, but still managed it. I think the OP might have "raccoon frozen in the headlights" syndrome. Maybe some practise playing dodgeball might help?

And get back on that horse....you should be able to still drive before the ribs are completely healed. Just don't do that again!

Seriously, I hope you heal up quick. Get well soon!

redfisher1974 12-22-2010 05:45 AM

cool story to tell the kids.

proanti1 12-22-2010 07:44 AM

I know some dudes in high school that were playing with one of their dads quarter scale WCM cars in the a parking lot. I guess the dude tried showing off and ended up shattering a girls ankle.

I personally was doing speed runs with my old pro2. My brother was standing out in the street eating a bowl of spaghetti for some reason, i wasn't paying attention and ended up taking his feet right out from under him. There was spaghetti everywhere.

nitrosportsandrunner 12-22-2010 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: proanti1

I know some dude in high school that were playing with one of their dads quarter scale WCM cars in the a parking lot with some girls. I guess the dude tried showing off and ended up shattering a girls ankle.
that is the worst story i think i have ever heard. that sucks on so many levels.

The_Shark 12-22-2010 07:53 AM

man, your lucky it didnt stop your heart! that kind of force can[X(]

one of the funniest things ive seen was a track marshall flipping over a car and a 1/8 truggy jumping strieght into his ass at a good 20mph, he then took the truggy and flipped it over and left it:D

proanti1 12-22-2010 08:08 AM

I saw a guy go out to flip over his pan car and stepped on someone else's. They both got into a huge yelling match and were kicked out.

Radiner 12-22-2010 01:32 PM

Ouch!:(

Spetz 12-22-2010 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: LDGILLS

Is the slash ok?
I am glad to report, the slash is doing well:D

Glad to hear it. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Lars from Norway 12-22-2010 03:40 PM

Is the slash ok?
Epic question, lol!

LDGILLS 12-22-2010 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

man, your lucky it didnt stop your heart! that kind of force can[X(]

Yes, that was actually my biggest concern, but after 30 seconds of not being dead, I figured the worse I could have done is collapsed a lung....lol Which, in the scheme of things, aint so bad...[X(]

aronph 12-24-2010 08:45 AM

you should tell them about the plane vs.van incident while your at it!</p>

moe7404 12-24-2010 12:45 PM

man o man i didnt know that rc was a contact sport. incase you dont know it BECARFUL

LDGILLS 12-24-2010 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: aronph

you should tell them about the plane vs.van incident while your at it!</p>

LMAO, ill save that story for another day.....[X(]

aronph 12-24-2010 06:35 PM

OH COME ON!!