RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   What did you get for Christmas? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10220158-what-did-you-get-christmas.html)

micro guy 12-26-2010 10:27 PM

What did you get for Christmas?

Ok, so i did a posted a thread of "What do you want for Christmas?". Now im going to do one on what you got for Christmas? I'm just curious to know what you all got for Christmas. Did you get what you wanted? If not what didnt you get? I know Christmas isnt about recieving, its about giving. But i think it's kinda fun to know what everyone got. Any who heres what i got.....

1. Traxxas Stampede 4x4
2. Casio G'z one Ravine

Yes i got what i wanted. It was a really good Christmas family wise, and gift wise.

Devils-Reject 12-26-2010 10:36 PM

RE: What did you get for Christmas?

1-head ach
2- some large bills
3- to watch the kids get everything they wanted
4- bought myself a new real car

needed a winter ride, i put my muscle car [ 1985 firebird with comp 350, holly 750 dbl pumper carb, edlebrock intake , comp headers, flowmaster stainless system ] up for the winter and bought a insanely cheap 1996 ford Taurus for a winter whip.
bought myself some cool bright blue L.E.D  driving lights for it.

cooldriver385 12-27-2010 06:46 AM

1. !/16 E-Revo VXL
2. Velineon 3500 motor and VXL3S combo for my Stampede
3. Batteries for some of my stuff
4. Stereo system for iPod

I'm happy family wise and gift wise

magnus213 12-27-2010 07:21 AM

In the realm of RC, just got a few things for Christmas.

1. Nice hex wrench set
2. Digital calipers
3. Second receiver for my 2.4GHz system
4. Hobbytown gift card that turned into a Porsche GT3 shell

I also bought, as a gift to myself, an HPI Super F1.

Ttam Says Blarg 12-27-2010 10:31 AM

I got to spend it with my family. That was my presents [8D]

SyCo_VeNoM 12-27-2010 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

That was my punishment :(

Got me a Tamiya Hornet kit. I am currently waiting for the motor and ESC I ordered cause I completely forgot to get it ahead of time [:@]
Slapping a BL HW 35A 13t esc/motor combo in it Already checked and my 5000mah 2S lipos will fit with no mods :D
Well I also have to paint its body still but that should be fast seeing I'm doing black(think I'll do pearl black) to try and keep it looking true to its roots :D

Nitro Racer 18 12-27-2010 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

That was my punishment :(

Got me a Tamiya Hornet kit. I am currently waiting for the motor and ESC I ordered cause I completely forgot to get it ahead of time [:@]
Slapping a BL HW 35A 13t esc/motor combo in it Already checked and my 5000mah 2S lipos will fit with no mods :D
Well I also have to paint its body still but that should be fast seeing I'm doing black(think I'll do pearl black) to try and keep it looking true to its roots :D
LOL. That was you punishment.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif

suburban_hooligan 12-27-2010 02:55 PM

the required parts to fix my XXXT.  so as soon as i pick up some diff grease im back in the game

moe7404 12-28-2010 03:20 PM

got to see both of my sons, what more do i need?

LDGILLS 12-28-2010 04:03 PM

i got a slash 4x4 and the boy got a electrix stadium truck..........which by the way, is pretty impressive. Cept, well the TX was bad right out of the box. You touched the TX, the truck went crazy...LOL Nothing a short walk to the closet couldnt fix. Grab an old am 27mgz pistol, threw the crystal in, and shazaaaaam....all better now. Made tire chains for it as well, and that worked out super!

The_Shark 12-28-2010 04:59 PM

i got a rc18t copy, brushless, then slapped a 500 sized helli outrunner 35c lipo, 25A esc and 28tooth pinion.

can i say WHAT THE HELL! this thing friggin FLYS, i already brokasis rear controll arms, and a front bumper after flipping it at 40+ MPH. it has to top out at 50mph on a 2s, and prob 55-60mph on 3s (if the esc doesnt cook)

outrunners kick ass.

also, i got a hookah, something ive always wanted, but never would buy for myself, its great, no tar, no lingering smell pure tobacca.
oh and gold plated strings for my bass.

i spent two paychecks on the fam though.

kaiser01 12-29-2010 05:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

1-head ach
2- some large bills
3- to watch the kids get everything they wanted

sounds like what i got too. lol

rc related:

2.2 goosebumps for truck
2.2 calibers for buggy
proline pit mat
complete set of losi shock oils
parma clodbuster lexan body
set of dubro scissors and reamer
some $$ to put towards a dual brushless set up for my clod.

kaiser01 12-29-2010 05:50 AM

ORIGINAL: LDGILLS

i got a slash 4x4 and the boy got a electrix stadium truck..........which by the way, is pretty impressive. Cept, well the TX was bad right out of the box. You touched the TX, the truck went crazy...LOL Nothing a short walk to the closet couldnt fix. Grab an old am 27mgz pistol, threw the crystal in, and shazaaaaam....all better now. Made tire chains for it as well, and that worked out super!
i have heard that alot about the electrix, solid truck, crappy electronics.

trickle007 12-29-2010 03:37 PM

I got an HPI Vorza Flux Hp with 2 2s lipos

Radiner 12-29-2010 04:11 PM

I got me some 3S lipos and RPM upgrades for my MERV, everything should be at my house this week, kicks butt[>:]

thehuntingterminator 12-30-2010 09:08 PM

a used Bandit VXL and lots of cash for some upgrades