RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Stampede VXL 4x4 body mounts raised custom (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10511277-stampede-vxl-4x4-body-mounts-raised-custom.html)

cureseverything 05-09-2011 07:41 PM

Stampede VXL 4x4 body mounts raised custom

1 Attachment(s)
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);">This is a Stampede VXL 4x4 with steel MIPaxles on the back and platics on the front with steel u-joints. Bigger tires/lipo/ wider tire nuts and a few other odds and ends. Not hittin 60mph yet, but i'v been keeping the original gear in, it's all ready too quick! The problem was after i quickly destroyed the pede body; finding another to replace it cheap. Not alot of the scale bodys around here fit it well at all so i raised the body mounts 2" / connected those 4 arms with some thre</span></span></span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);"><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;">aded rod and tacked it all solid. Now basically all 1/10 bodys fit it even at lowest ride height and springs compressed and the BESTpart is so much increased handling. All the extra </span><span style="font-size: medium;">weight allows for you to turn at such a higher speed. Ihighly recommend some sort of weight mod on the pede or widening mod for control. i Had 2 bodys allready, a nissan and a monte carlo and wanted them to fit. I had to throw in some plexi to help protect internals from mud splash and wha</span></span></span><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);">tnot. +Now it doesn't feel so much like a toy</span></span></span>. =)

cureseverything 05-10-2011 05:50 AM

RE: Stampede VXL 4x4 body mounts raised custom

pretty sure i was first to put a spring in a spring bout 7 years back =p

cummins driver 05-11-2011 03:01 PM

Im not a fan of the body height but even the stock body sits too high on the 4x4 pede to suit me from the factory. Wheels and tires look good.

cureseverything 05-11-2011 03:58 PM

well its for the off roader. If its too high, you should pick up a revo, things bomb, just not so much off road.

cummins driver 05-11-2011 04:36 PM

I dont like the revo bodies either. lol

I just like a traditional truck body that sits low enough to cover the sides of the chassis. I like the stock pede body ok, just wish it sat 1/2 in lower or so.

cureseverything 05-11-2011 05:46 PM

Does anyone think i should add fan(s) to the electronics? i ran it for about 10 mins in the mid 60S today and the motor casing burned me pretty much. Almost seemed way to hot and i wasn't constantly on it either.she has roughly 300 grams of extra weight on her. ..

ThunderbirdJunkie 05-11-2011 09:55 PM

Holy crap dude, way to ruin a $400 truck

cureseverything 05-12-2011 05:20 AM

right, faster, more durable, better control, and im working on all its missing, the roll cage. And not to mention the stock body post bolts hold the "lifted" body as well, so 4 screws and its back to low riding.

But yea, ruined, i get ya.

Foxy 05-12-2011 05:31 AM

I removed a not very constructive comment from this thread and the OPs reply to it for reasons of thread continuity.

Dude, just ignore the haters, you're having fun with it, that's all that matters. Keep on truckin! ;)

Regarding your last question about hot electronics, a small cheap temperature gun is something all RCers should have in their box, not just the ones that work with fuel burners. But yes, if it's getting too hot, install some cooling apparatus.

cureseverything 05-12-2011 05:47 AM

Thank You! Much appreciated! Should i order a gun online? i didn't see one at my local hobby shop, and same with a fan or 2? i always find online is cheapest, but i don't know where to shop for the best accessories.

Foxy 05-12-2011 05:48 AM

You can order fans and temp guns from amainhobbies.com or towerhobbies.com, both are good reliable outlets, but consider this...

If you don't use your local hobby shop for at least the cheaper items, it will disappear! Support your local businesses. ;)

mazdaprotege4 05-12-2011 08:14 AM

Also if you are getting that hot you may want to change your gearing or check for binding in the drive train.