RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Im thinking (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10666513-im-thinking.html)

jermpool 08-11-2011 04:57 PM

Im thinking

If not for Christmas I'm thinking by spring I shall buy a nitro revo. I haven't had a nitro for quite some time, but I think I'm ready for another one. The Revo has been on my want list since it came out and I have never owned one.

sheograth 08-11-2011 05:12 PM

RE: Im thinking

Have you tried a 1/5 scale gasoline car?

jermpool 08-11-2011 05:45 PM

Would love to but don't think my wife would let me spend that much. I really like the HPI sc.

xerxes 08-11-2011 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: jermpool

I'm thinking
dont hurt urself

xerxes 08-11-2011 05:56 PM

all seruiousnes aside. hav u lookd at redcat 1/5th scale gasoline cars?

cheezer1222 08-11-2011 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: xerxes

That's actually not a bad idea if OP is truly interested in getting into 1/5 scale. A new Rampage XT is not much more than a new Revo.

xerxes 08-11-2011 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

That's actually not a bad idea if OP is truly interested in getting into 1/5 scale. A new Rampage XT is not much more than a new Revo.
& also, sinse da OP likes da baja sc, da ovious choise 4 him wood b dis....

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...ampage-XSC-GAS

& its bettr den da baja sc in 1 very important way.

4wd.

sheograth 08-11-2011 06:34 PM

If you're going to go 1/5 scale, get something good.

xerxes 08-11-2011 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: sheograth

so ur sayn da recat isnt '''good''' ?[&:]

proanti1 08-11-2011 06:59 PM

Redcat is garbage, there is nothing "good" about it. Their baja clones are garbage, and their FG clones are garbage.

If you're interested in a gasser, get a genuine one. By the time you replace all the crappy Redcat parts, you could have bought a real HPI baja.

xerxes 08-11-2011 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: proanti1
Redcat is garbage, there is nothing ''good'' about it. Their baja clones are garbage, and their FG clones are garbage.

If you're interested in a gasser, get a genuine one. By the time you replace all the crappy Redcat parts, you could have bought a real HPI baja.
& u no redcat is garbage bcuz uz ownd ther baja 'clones' & ther fg 'clones'?

or r u jus 1 of the outsiders 2 da brand, who cant form an honest opinion based on xperiense, & follows the herd of sheep who thinks if a 1/5 scale costs under 1,200$, dat it musnt b good???

i eagrly awate ur response........

cheezer1222 08-11-2011 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Redcat is garbage, there is nothing ''good'' about it. Their baja clones are garbage, and their FG clones are garbage.

Redcat doesn't/didn't clone HPI or FG. They are rebadged HSP vehicles.

To the OP, you get what you pay for. On the cheap end of 1/5 scale I would say redcat is the best, and I hear their XT line is pretty good for the price. If you do your homework, you'll know what the potential problems with any vehicle are before you get it.

Ttam Says Blarg 08-11-2011 08:01 PM

He already said the wife wouldnt be to happy so thats that. Anyways revos are sick! I say go for it.

xerxes 08-11-2011 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

He already said the wife wouldnt be to happy so thats that. Anyways revos are sick! I say go for it.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10666628

cheezer1222 08-11-2011 08:14 PM

He said the wife wouldn't be happy if he SPENT THAT MUCH. Just pointing out that he wouldn't be spending much more money on a rampage than he would on a revo. If he really wants the revo, I say go for it, but he shouldn't deprive himself of a 1/5 scale vehicle because he thinks he can't afford it. He does have options.

Ttam Says Blarg 08-11-2011 08:47 PM

Who wants a rampage?.... The shock shafts bend easy. They are huge! Electronics are garbage.. Redcat..
If it were me I would go with the revo. Your going to drop a lot of cash getting the rampage to where it needs to be.

cheezer1222 08-11-2011 09:33 PM

Who wants a rampage?.... The shock shafts bend easy. They are huge! Electronics are garbage.. Redcat..
If it were me I would go with the revo. Your going to drop a lot of cash getting the rampage to where it needs to be.
"Shock shafts bend easy" - Not true. My rampage shocks lasted the entire time I owned the vehicle.

"They are hug!" - I don't see why that's a bad thing. More of a selling point if you ask me.

"Electronics are garbage" - Pretty much all RTR electronics are garbage, revo included.

If OP is going to get a revo, he should definitely invest in some good bearings for the 3.3, assuming he wants the conrod to last more than three gallons. I'm sure Ttam would have mentioned that if he weren't so busy blindly firing shots at the rampage. I have not, and will not claim that the rampage is bulletproof out of the box. It will need some work, but so will the revo. Will one need more than the other? Depends on the hand you're dealt. I have/had both vehicles and have enjoyed both vehicles.

As usual this thread has become an excuse to bash redcat products. I'm surprised nobody has made this thread a perfect stereotype by jumping in and talking about how overpriced Traxxas products are.

Ttam Says Blarg 08-11-2011 09:44 PM

No need to get jumpy and all defensive, All Im saying is your going to drop WAY more cash on the rampage compared to the revo. 1/5 scale = $. Replacing the servos alone...... You could buy bearings all day... Never said anything bad about the redcat other than its going to cost more money and there is no getting around that fact.

xerxes 08-11-2011 10:18 PM

*fasepalm & sigh, @ da same time*

378 08-11-2011 10:29 PM

The Revo isn't exactly out-of-the-box sunshine and happiness either. One of the first upgrades one could make is to ditch the EZ-start for a pull start, and ditching the 3.3 entirely for either a 2.5R or something from another brand would be well advised.

cheezer1222 08-11-2011 10:39 PM

All Im saying is your going to drop WAY more cash on the rampage compared to the revo.
I never argued that. I merely stated that the rampage was a viable option because both vehicles are a similar price RTR. You may spend more cash on the rampage, but I don't think it'll be "WAY" more. Like I said before, it all depends on the hand you're dealt.

1/5 scale = $. Replacing the servos alone...
1/5 scale parts cost more. I agree. It's one of the downsides of owning a 1/5 scale vehicle. I don't know why you didn't just type that to begin with, instead of trying to point out the rampage's weak points. It seems to be a much better argument in your favor.

Never said anything bad about the redcat
I vaguely remember you leading off your other post with "Who wants a rampage?" That seemed to set a pretty negative tone for the rest of that post.

Ttam Says Blarg 08-11-2011 10:40 PM

Im not going to go much more into it. I have experience with the rampage.. My best friend bought one when they first came out.. He bent a shock not even a week after buying it. The rampage is sick! I know that both are going to need work out of the box just like I know 1/5th scale parts are a lot more expensive than any revo parts.

Oh and by the way xerxes.
Fasepalm and sigh at the same time about your grammar. If you dont have anything good to add dont add it.

I understand you guys are going to get all crazy when some one says something about redcat. You own a Redcat. Dont get crazy on me when I point out flaws based on my experience.

Ttam Says Blarg 08-11-2011 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

All Im saying is your going to drop WAY more cash on the rampage compared to the revo.
I never argued that. I merely stated that the rampage was a viable option because both vehicles are a similar price RTR. You may spend more cash on the rampage, but I don't think it'll be ''WAY'' more. Like I said before, it all depends on the hand you're dealt.

1/5 scale = $. Replacing the servos alone...
1/5 scale parts cost more. I agree. It's one of the downsides of owning a 1/5 scale vehicle. I don't know why you didn't just type that to begin with, instead of trying to point out the rampage's weak points. It seems to be a much better argument in your favor.

Never said anything bad about the redcat
I vaguely remember you leading off your other post with ''Who wants a rampage?'' That seemed to set a pretty negative tone for the rest of that post.
Sometimes humor doesnt transfer over the internet.. Im sarcastic. You dont know me though.

cheezer1222 08-11-2011 10:56 PM

Im not going to go much more into it. I have experience with the rampage.. My best friend bought one when they first came out.. He bent a shock not even a week after buying it. The rampage is sick! I know that both are going to need work out of the box just like I know 1/5th scale parts are a lot more expensive than any revo parts.

Oh and by the way xerxes.
Fasepalm and sigh at the same time about your grammar. If you dont have anything good to add dont add it.

I understand you guys are going to get all crazy when some one says something about redcat. You own a Redcat. Dont get crazy on me when I point out flaws based on my experience.
Why wouldn't you just share your experience with your friend's vehicle instead of making sweeping generalizations about the vehicle based on what happened to your friend?

I also like how pointing out my own experiences and how they don't coincide with yours is "getting all crazy"

Ttam Says Blarg 08-11-2011 11:05 PM

I'm sure Ttam would have mentioned that if he weren't so busy blindly firing shots at the rampage.

As usual this thread has become an excuse to bash redcat products. I'm surprised nobody has made this thread a perfect stereotype by jumping in and talking about how overpriced Traxxas products are.
Hmmmm?