RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Capo CD15821- Giving Tamiya a run for it's money? Scale Military (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11586376-capo-cd15821-giving-tamiya-run-its-money-scale-military.html)

pcarluvr 09-07-2013 05:22 AM

Capo CD15821- Giving Tamiya a run for it's money? Scale Military

All metal 8x8 scale military truck that is built tough! This thing looks awesome if you are into scalers. Could some of this technology be used in other R/C vehicles? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hl0hJUhvqqs&list=UUxcjVHL-2o3D6Q9esu05a1Q

SyCo_VeNoM 09-07-2013 08:20 AM

holy....

I wonder how much that thing will even cost. Hell I'm sure shipping alone will cost more then some RC's do

pcarluvr 09-07-2013 09:40 AM

On his forum, he said it's like $2500 U.S. More than a darn good 1/5 scale! WITHOUT electrics and radio!

Zonked 09-07-2013 10:09 AM

2500...ouch , looks very nice and you can tell some work went into making that thing.

SyCo_VeNoM 09-07-2013 10:19 AM

Umm to the original topic no they are not giving Tamiya a run for their money as you could buy a quite a few Tamiyas(including electronics) for the price of one of those

pcarluvr 09-07-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM (Post 11610300)
Umm to the original topic no they are not giving Tamiya a run for their money as you could buy a quite a few Tamiyas(including electronics) for the price of one of those

Maybe it was a bad title, I really meant for scale looks and how really well built it is. Price wise, not so much. But in the forums, people always say way too much plastic, not enough alloy, or when is the technology gonna get better in R/C. I think this covers all that and thought it would be interesting to share. I really need to think before I post!!! If I had $2500 to blow on something scale, I'd go Conley!!!

SyCo_VeNoM 09-07-2013 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by pcarluvr (Post 11610385)
Maybe it was a bad title, I really meant for scale looks and how really well built it is. Price wise, not so much. But in the forums, people always say way too much plastic, not enough alloy, or when is the technology gonna get better in R/C. I think this covers all that and thought it would be interesting to share. I really need to think before I post!!! If I had $2500 to blow on something scale, I'd go Conley!!!

I know Tamiya has some VERY pricy tanks that are over $800 from what I remember, but I dunno of anything in that ball park

But hell for that price, and how many they will move they could afford to laser engrave every single person who gets one insignias or pictures on the replica engine lol

Side note on the too much plastic thing I only say that when the RC's 100% plastic including the differential gears... ;)

Still though the thing is an extremely impressive beast

phmaximus 09-07-2013 06:30 PM

I must ask... What new technology?

must admit it does look good...

cumquat 09-07-2013 10:01 PM

no you wouldnt, the stinger 609 is over $5500 by itself. the 34 roadster is only $100 less than a brand new base model focus!

this thing doesnt really compete with anything, not tamiya nor wedico. if it even hints at competition it's with rc4wd and even thats a bit of a stretch. this is just another highly detailed model that costs more than a decent 80's pickup. but these give me hope, because they mean people with money like our hobby and perhaps they'll help some new affordable models to come out.

turok007 09-08-2013 02:44 AM

so we ask for bigger and better things then complain about the price. im sure another company will copy it and do it for a lot less.

Foxy 09-08-2013 03:14 AM

Pretty amazing, but to be honest I'm surprised more people aren;t already making models at this level of scale and quality, as CNC machine and design work becomes easier and more accessible due to technological advancements, more and more of these will pop up. Beautiful kit, I wouldn't heistate to spend a spare $2500 on a kit like that. It probably represents better value than most RCs available.

Anthoop 09-08-2013 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Foxy (Post 11610737)
CNC.

Great if you want to make many parts...but accuracy is always down to the machine and operator.
Actually putting any part into profit making production is a major task..let alone a whole model.

Zonked 09-08-2013 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by turok007 (Post 11610729)
so we ask for bigger and better things then complain about the price. im sure another company will copy it and do it for a lot less.

Welcome to internet forums :D, everybody wants something new but complain when they get it and then accuse it of being a copy/clone.

nitrosportsandrunner 09-08-2013 03:14 PM

mind blown...
The box and packaging alone is of more value then some of the models I have owned!

While the all metal chassis and construction is awesome and impressive...I also loved the scale motor. Why the heck haven't companies like axial or Tamiya figured out that their trucks could have scale motors????

Yes, the price is huge. But the production cost of such a thing...and on a limited scale would be a lot.

I was looking at some tatra vids not that long ago. They are impressive beasts. You don't drive them on trails...they MAKE the trails, lol.

DJmedic is one lucky sob.

phmaximus 09-08-2013 08:01 PM

I would give anything just to build it....

pcarluvr 09-09-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by phmaximus (Post 11610595)
I must ask... What new technology?

must admit it does look good...

I just thought the mono tube type drive train,axles, and transmission looked like it was of some newer technology. I ain't seen nuttin like it before. I guess if it had some type of laser gun or hyper drive and a hydrogen engine, that would be considered new technology? There I go again, typing before thinkin......

phmaximus 09-09-2013 04:56 PM

Its all good, easy mistake. The tube is just a cover for the standard independent suspension's driveline.... Nothing new. Generally the axles are exposed or covered with the chassis. All they have done is just covered it with some tube. Don't worry I thought the same at first... I was like what's that? But then I realised its just a fancy cover for the driveline that also holds it together.

still... I think its awesome, would love to build one. But if I had the cash I don't think I would buy it... I don't feel as if I would get $2500 wort of fun from it. If I had that cash to spend on a RC car, I would get another losi 5ive and convert to brushless.... But that's just me.

pcarluvr 09-11-2013 09:39 AM

I thought the directions being on a flash drive was kinda neat too!

SyCo_VeNoM 09-11-2013 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by pcarluvr (Post 11613322)
I thought the directions being on a flash drive was kinda neat too!

Truthfully with how many screws and parts there are in that sucker it was probably way cheaper to do a cheap flash drive then print the instruction manual that thing probably would need.

cumquat 09-11-2013 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM (Post 11613398)
Truthfully with how many screws and parts there are in that sucker it was probably way cheaper to do a cheap flash drive then print the instruction manual that thing probably would need.

not even that, they used the flash drive because a paper manual would require it's own crate!

SyCo_VeNoM 09-11-2013 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by cumquat (Post 11613739)
not even that, they used the flash drive because a paper manual would require it's own crate!

Kinda why I meant it would be cheaper that did enter my mind or they would have to increase the crate size by like 15% to fit it :D

echthelion 09-20-2013 06:50 AM

here it is on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1-10-sca...31052527535%26

on the bright side you get $71.98 in ebay bucks rofl

SyCo_VeNoM 09-20-2013 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by echthelion (Post 11620062)
here it is on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1-10-sca...31052527535%26

on the bright side you get $71.98 in ebay bucks rofl

good god shipping alone is almost as much as I paid for my 2nd real car

Tanque 03-24-2018 12:29 PM

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but is Capo still in business? Or if they are in business did they stop making the CD15821 or later version 8x8?
Capo USA's Facebook page seems dormant..

Can't really find much new information on it or regarding new developments/ accessories.

Jerry