RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Anybody Else Thinks RCGroups.com Sucks? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11600930-anybody-else-thinks-rcgroups-com-sucks.html)

RustyUs 12-11-2017 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by lordraptor1 (Post 12389288)
yep and last i heard from castle they were saying 180, same as rc car action was saying for all brushless motors. unfortunatley the rotor magnets start losing strength at 160F and the epoxies start breaking down about the same temp some a little higher ( dont you love how manufactures get you to buy new motors and rc traxxas action helping them do it LOL).

150f or below is where i will run mine, skyrc gives an fdr BUT they only list touring car med track and small track. i gear a little lower than what they recomend for touring, still trying to get the gearing right for my T4 with th echeetah 8.5t because regardless of pinion spur ( currently 20/87 with 130F motor temps) slipper gets ultra hot and burns up pads even whne it is completely locked down and i have even upgraded to revolution designs vented unit and have tried using the 3 pad ( stock-vts-vts) and 4 pad ( stock-vts-vts-vts) and nothign has worked so far LOL

Now that is funny as all heck. I still love RCCA. I have been an avid reader/suscriber since issue #2. You gotta give credit where credit is due. Traxxass has a "winning" marketing team...that's all I can say about it. If I was a RC manufacturer, I'd be showing up at any, and all motor sport events as well. I'd be taking my bashing RCs on a cross country tour; showing people what RC is all about no matter how big or small of venue. HPI use to/still does do it as well. I think they need to do more of it.

RC Groups is what it is. It's a good place to stop by and search/review/lend a helping hand. Each online forum has it's following.

parsifaldruddle 12-22-2017 04:22 AM

I might add:
Everyone, EVERYONE, is a "loser dork" to someone somewhere.
Every forum, EVERY FORUM, is "lame" or "blahblahblah" in some way to someone somewhere.
No matter how good / smart / experienced / insightful / well versed / focused / skilled / talented / thick / dull / blahblahblah you may be, there is always someone somewhere just at the least a froghair more so.
'Best' and 'Worst' are always subjective and always limited in scope / breadth / application et cetera.
S'truth.
and voilą is "voilą!" - not Wala! or Whalah! or Walla! or Viola! and means "Look, there!" or "Lo! There it is!" - along those lines, yes? yes. And please, please, never say "voilą!" and then guffaw - that's a punch earned.
There are a lot of things people just need to stop doing... and they don't really need to know why, they just need to stop.

RustyUs 12-22-2017 06:03 AM

What's printed, and what comes out of a person's mouth are two different things. Try talking Pennsylvania Dutch (Deitsch).

parsifaldruddle 12-22-2017 08:49 AM

First child born in Germany, lived and worked with Germans, Dutch and Belgians, then we moved to PA, just down the road from those same fine folk you referenced and I will warranty they are not the problem; no, in written and spoken forms voilą abuse is, in my experience, performed by average 1~6 years of college Americans and their British or Australian counterparts. Sloth and laziness, in most cases, are to blame.

BarracudaHockey 12-22-2017 08:53 AM

I'm a little dismayed about this thread. There are some great contributors there, the glider community is awesome and Jim and the gang do a good job of managing it.

Frankly I'm surprised someone from here didn't axe this thread ages ago but as long as its civil I'll let it fly

vinmansbrew 12-23-2017 07:35 PM

Parsifaldruddle, maybe lets stop assuming things. You have this fixation on viola. You do realize that words and phrases change meaning over time, right? It's how languages developed, in the first place. So, you know, chill out.

collector1231 12-23-2017 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by vinmansbrew (Post 12392735)
Parsifaldruddle, maybe lets stop assuming things. You have this fixation on viola. You do realize that words and phrases change meaning over time, right? It's how languages developed, in the first place. So, you know, chill out.

Gonna reiterate what Barracuda said about "civil." Don't try to start an argument, please.

RustyUs 12-24-2017 05:57 AM

Getting back on track...

I jump around a lot on the www. I try to keep up with a lot of different RC platforms, but with all the nomenclature of lesser known brands, it gets difficult. Having to remember a RC by a long number/letter combo is very challenging (for me anyway). A lot of those RCs have a place to "fit in" in the hobby. It seems RCGroups is the place to visit for your fix of reviews on WLtoys, Feiyue, HG, WPL, JJRC, FS Racing...etc. etc.

I am, admittingly, a lurker in lots of RC platform's threads. I like to read about cheap RCs and their issues. Every once in while, someone comes across a semi-good dirt cheap RC that needs one part to be great. Getting hopes up. Two months later...just a turd.

collector1231 12-24-2017 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by RustyUs (Post 12392809)
Getting back on track...

I jump around a lot on the www. I try to keep up with a lot of different RC platforms, but with all the nomenclature of lesser known brands, it gets difficult. Having to remember a RC by a long number/letter combo is very challenging (for me anyway). A lot of those RCs have a place to "fit in" in the hobby. It seems RCGroups is the place to visit for your fix of reviews on WLtoys, Feiyue, HG, WPL, JJRC, FS Racing...etc. etc.

I am, admittingly, a lurker in lots of RC platform's threads. I like to read about cheap RCs and their issues. Every once in while, someone comes across a semi-good dirt cheap RC that needs one part to be great. Getting hopes up. Two months later...just a turd.

This I have seen, along with Reddit's /r/rccars being a common trend; these WLtoys models being shoved on a new guy instead of something respectable like a Stampede or Slash, and then they are disappointed once it breaks... and never try the hobby again.

tazzzz 12-27-2017 01:28 PM

Rc groups

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12392398)
I'm a little dismayed about this thread. There are some great contributors there, the glider community is awesome and Jim and the gang do a good job of managing it.

Frankly I'm surprised someone from here didn't axe this thread ages ago but as long as its civil I'll let it fly

maybe he should just to air hogs instead,,read the 2word instructions then complain to walmart

tazzzz 12-27-2017 01:31 PM

Rc groups

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12392398)

maybe he should just to air hogs instead,,read the 2word instructions then complain to walmart. Or better yet go to toys r us.

lordraptor1 12-27-2017 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by collector1231 (Post 12392870)
something respectable like a Stampede or Slash,.

i take issue with this comment traxxas is in no way respectable at one time it was ( back during the bullet and SRT days). these days it is just a low end low quality rc that has flooded the market due to good advertising and just about every tom dick and harry lame, lazy, and those to ignorant to build have traxxas and with hobby shops pushing them and track running them in races people think they are the greatest. as far as rc groups goes? cant say evey time i try looing for car info i get links to plane topics so i would have to say it sucks LOL

kablake 06-19-2018 06:28 PM

No it doesn't suck... I have had MUCH better results purchasing items on there than here.