RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Visual R.C. SCALES Table? does one excist (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11617322-visual-r-c-scales-table-does-one-excist.html)

rctankman1 05-17-2015 10:40 AM

Visual R.C. SCALES Table? does one excist

:DHello Everyone,

I like so many still get confused,sometimes with the subject of RC SCALES:confused::confused:

Even though in my head I can see the scales..I would find it a lot easier to look at a comparison Table
So i wonder if fellow members could point me to one please?

Many thanks Steve
:D

EXT2Rob 05-18-2015 10:24 AM

I understand your confusion. Like, a Duratrax Evader is a 1/10-scale stadium truck. Compare it to a 1/10 scale Short Course Truck. The SCT is A LOT bigger! Almost, if not as big as, a 1/8-scale buggy. On the surface, it is really a head-scratcher. I'm pretty sure a table as you describe, does not exist.

IN GENERAL, I think what does matter when comparing vehicles of different scale, is the quality of the parts. That is to say, how beefy they are. A vehicle in the 8th-scale realm will have thicker parts than the same type of vehicle in the 1/10 or 1/18 scale. Which makes sense, right? A smaller, lighter vehicle doesn't need the thickness of a heavier one. Hope that helps.

rctankman1 05-19-2015 02:18 AM

Many Thanks for your response

:DGood Day

Many thanks for your reply, much obliged to you, I appreciate the explanations.
Find it odd that somewhere their is not a "Visual Scales Chart"
they have them for helis, trains, e.t.c.

all the very best Steve
;)

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob (Post 12040334)
I understand your confusion. Like, a Duratrax Evader is a 1/10-scale stadium truck. Compare it to a 1/10 scale Short Course Truck. The SCT is A LOT bigger! Almost, if not as big as, a 1/8-scale buggy. On the surface, it is really a head-scratcher. I'm pretty sure a table as you describe, does not exist.

IN GENERAL, I think what does matter when comparing vehicles of different scale, is the quality of the parts. That is to say, how beefy they are. A vehicle in the 8th-scale realm will have thicker parts than the same type of vehicle in the 1/10 or 1/18 scale. Which makes sense, right? A smaller, lighter vehicle doesn't need the thickness of a heavier one. Hope that helps.

cetme308 05-19-2015 08:49 AM

The problem is that one manufacturer might think their product is 1/10 but another would label it as 1/8. There is no hard set rules to go by.

rctankman1 05-19-2015 08:52 AM

Hello cetme308

Many thanks for your reply, and i do understand that the question of scales could be open very much to interpretation

best wishes Steve

SyCo_VeNoM 05-19-2015 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob (Post 12040334)

minor correction a 1/10th scale SCT is bigger then a 1/8th scale buggy. Their wheelbases are exactly the same, but after you look at the bumpers they are a bit bigger.

But to the question scale is kinda arbitrary with most RC's. Now ones based off real vehicles the scale would be how many times smaller it is then the real counterpart