RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/4365381-racing.html)

zja08 06-07-2006 07:06 PM

Racing

I got a Traxxas E-Rustler 3 weeks ago and have been practicing on a small track I have just built last week. I think I am ready to race, but is there any thing I need or need to do befor I race.

What are your most commonly broken parts wile racing? I do not want to brake something I could have prepaired for.

Dawman 06-07-2006 10:52 PM

RE: Racing

Honestly a different car . You might get somewhere in a novice class but most all rustlers are not race worthy as they do not have the suspension geometry and tuning capabilities like Associated , Losi, and a few other competition brands .

jdmkyosho 06-07-2006 11:28 PM

Yes I would look into something better too if your serious about racing.

GRANT ED 06-08-2006 08:37 AM

Hang on a minute here, the guy has not even started his first race yet ( at a club level I'm guessing ) and you guys are telling him to get a new car!!!
I suggest you go out there and just have fun. See if you like it and then later on if you want, then get a better car.
Probably the best thing you could do would be to get some decent race tires as a start.

Dawman 06-08-2006 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: GRANT ED

Hang on a minute here, the guy has not even started his first race yet ( at a club level I'm guessing ) and you guys are telling him to get a new car!!!
I suggest you go out there and just have fun. See if you like it and then later on if you want, then get a better car.
Probably the best thing you could do would be to get some decent race tires as a start.
He obviously likes it or he wouldn`t have built a track of his own . He can run a rustler but will not be competitive . Better tires can only do so much if you don`t have a car that can be tuned and is dedsinged for racing . I`m not telling him to do anything , just telling reality .

zja08 06-08-2006 10:01 AM

I built a track because I had no where to play. I used grass on my first motor, when it went bad after a week Traxxas sent me a new motor I decided to built a track. It isnt really even a track it has 2 jumps and a high banked turn. I have never raced with anny other cars. I bought the Rustler as a toy because I had verry little money. If I ever get a job I will get an assoated or build an Ultimate Traxxas Rustler, but when your 15 you cant work. I really want to go brushless, but agin no money.

Dawman 06-08-2006 10:06 AM

There are plenty of ways to make money at your age . Racing can get expensive , but you will see .

FireStriker 06-08-2006 11:25 AM

welcome to my life zja

4 stroken ron 06-09-2006 11:45 PM

GOOD FOR YOU, I am in my first year of racing. I run a novice class at the local track. There are 3 of us there that make all the races. A few others come and go. I drive an Evader Pro EP. Another guy drives an Associated B4, and the third guy drives an E Rustler. We have each won a race, I don't think any of us has an advantage over the other. REMEMBER WE ARE TALKING NOVICE HERE. the guy that runs the Rusty against me has put in bearings and bought good batteries. I think that is about it. We pit, eat pizza, laugh, race and have a great time together. One of the really neat things about this is, the guy with the Rusty is around 25, the kid with the B4 is 15 and I am pushing 60. Go race in the novice class with your Rusty, have a good time and try to get a better car for next year.
Good Luck
Ron