RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   New R/C Products/Innovations!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/4704528-new-r-c-products-innovations.html)

SpeedAddict 09-03-2006 11:44 AM

New R/C Products/Innovations!!

1 Attachment(s)
With all the new stuff being created for R/C, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where you could tell other people about something new, talk about new stuff/ get info., and also talk about what you would like to see developed. I hope this thread works well, I didn't see another one like it. :)[8D]

This whole idea came from an ad I saw in R/C Car Action. It's called the VORTICE-BR. You can re-route your exhaust for a custom look, and it also boosts power and speed. It works like PVC piping, with different sections you can connect to get it where you want. The link is....
www.vortice-br.com.

Here are some pics off the website.

Frank88888888 09-03-2006 11:53 AM

RE: New R/C Products/Innovations!!

it looks cool its like a extra long exhaust deflector.

SpeedAddict 09-03-2006 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had another idea for the Vortice-BR system. If you have an MT, you could get Pro-Line's Streamliner body, and have the exhaust coming up behind the cab like a real Big Rig. That would look SWEEET!!! Pro-Line also has a new body I thought was awesome, The 2007 Suburban!!

snowbl!nd 09-03-2006 11:56 AM

The exhaust itself looks quite innovative - and if it really does boost power, well that's got to be a good thing.

Not too sure about the plumbing though... :eek: You add power with the exhaust, and then make the car heavier and more fragile with all the tubing. Plus it looks really bad.

SpeedAddict 09-03-2006 12:03 PM

You could probably use some type of glue to make the tubing more stable. You could also use supports if you HAD to. The only downside I've been able to think of is that it gets in the way when wrenching on your car. It's invented by the same guy as the CVEC power system. I don't know much about that though. It also might look ugly, UNTIL you put the body on. I'm getting a Savage X soon and I'll probably put a Dodge Charger body on it. Thinking about that system coming out both sides under a Charger body just seems awesome, besides you can get Blue, Black, or Grey.

snowbl!nd 09-03-2006 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: SpeedAddict

You could probably use some type of glue to make the tubing more stable. You could also use supports if you HAD to.
Glue? You really think glue would help if someone t-boned the car in the first pic? Unless this glue was applied an inch thick i doubt it would do much. Supports would hold it in place, but wouldn't save the plumbing.

Roscco 09-03-2006 01:46 PM

I remember reading in one of the countless supercharger threads, some guy had designed and and a working proto of a turbo, properly run from the exhaust too. Although i'm not sure how else you'd run a turbo lol:D

ross_jsy 09-03-2006 02:53 PM

that exhaust reminds me about this one i saw on ebay:

[link]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HPI-rs4-3-Evo-dual-exhaust-Anodized-Green-20hp_W0QQitemZ6053311856QQcategoryZ19168QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem[/link]

it used to say it gave 20hp+ but he edited it after i emailed him:D

silent_echo 09-03-2006 04:00 PM

i wouldmt trust those ebay ones, i might trust that one posted at the top because theres an actual chart that shows it does give more power, but that ebay one is just cheap copper, probably runs like crap, which isnt bad if your just into keeping your car clean while zipping around a parking lot, but i do like the looks of that vortice BR on the evo

SpeedAddict 10-22-2006 09:11 PM

I thought this thread would probably stop, then start, so here goes.

New Losi 8ight. Looks like it'll be a good buggy. I'm just guessing since Losi makes good off-road stadium trucks. Also heard the Truggy version is already a prototype.

KillerKiwi 10-22-2006 10:10 PM

The 8ight looks really cool, I have the Muggy and it's great.